Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Apr 28, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #6,211 of 6,668
My AK's new friend, the Rhapsodio Solar. This is a magical pairing.

Deep, subterranean bass. Detailed, organic vocals. Sparkly trebles.

Apr 29, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #6,213 of 6,668
How do they compare to the Angies? Interesting that the Solars have 2 tweeters along with 2 high BA drivers...vs the Angies just straight 4 high drivers. How does that affect the highs?

I loved the Angies. I prefer the Solars. The Solars are more balanced across the board. The treble extends well and I have not heard any sibilance. 

Apr 29, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #6,214 of 6,668
I loved the Angies. I prefer the Solars. The Solars are more balanced across the board. The treble extends well and I have not heard any sibilance. 
of the whole new JH lineup, Rosie is the most balanced imo. Rosie sound signatute is contrasting to Solar though

Apr 29, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #6,215 of 6,668
Hello,

I have a question regarding AK100ii vs X7 regarding SQ, I feel like Im done with Fiio, tired with the hw problems on the X7 (bluetooth noise, wifi noise, screen burn-in, imbalance amplifier). I have a chance to switch the X7 to 2nd hand AK100ii.

How is the clarity, resolution, detail retrieval, separation and soundstage against the X7?

Sorry if this been asked before. Thank you so much!

Apr 29, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #6,216 of 6,668
If the AK100II is anything like the 120II (and everyone says it is), then you will find FiiO and AK on par regarding sound quality. The AK is warmer, which I prefer, and the build is better, it's smaller, the UI is TONS nicer. They are both equal in clarity and transparency.

On terms of pure sound quality, the FiiO X7 and Astell&Kern are right up there with the best.

Apr 29, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #6,218 of 6,668
  IMO angie is the most balanced. and then layla. rosie for me is bass bass and basss

I agree - I did a pretty long audition between the Angie v1s and the Rosies, and I thought the Rosies were definitely stronger in the bass (at same levels on the dials). On its own, the Rosies sounded great, but after back-and-forth comparisons with the Angies, I thought the Angie's had a bit more of a neutral / balanced presentation all-around (including the bass).

As my other headphones are the Ether C's which are also quite balanced and neutral, I found myself preferring the Angie's sound quite a bit over the Rosie's.

Apr 29, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #6,219 of 6,668
Hello,

I have a question regarding AK100ii vs X7 regarding SQ, I feel like Im done with Fiio, tired with the hw problems on the X7 (bluetooth noise, wifi noise, screen burn-in, imbalance amplifier). I have a chance to switch the X7 to 2nd hand AK100ii.

How is the clarity, resolution, detail retrieval, separation and soundstage against the X7?

Sorry if this been asked before. Thank you so much!

I have owned both the AK100ii and the AK120ii you cannot go wrong with either. The only reason I kept the 120ii over the 100ii was for additional storage.

Apr 29, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #6,220 of 6,668
I have owned both the AK100ii and the AK120ii you cannot go wrong with either. The only reason I kept the 120ii over the 100ii was for additional storage.
u think ak120ii or ak100ii in terms of sound

Apr 29, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #6,221 of 6,668
u think ak120ii or ak100ii in terms of sound

They are really comparable. There is actually something, to my ears, that made the 100ii a bit easier to listen too for EXTENDED listening, can't put it into words. I think both are really great devices. At the time, the used prices for both were a bit higher than they are now. You only need to look for a great price on either.

Apr 29, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #6,222 of 6,668
How do they compare to the Angies? Interesting that the Solars have 2 tweeters along with 2 high BA drivers...vs the Angies just straight 4 high drivers. How does that affect the highs?

Angie's treble is one of the most pure I've ever heard. Solar is a lot like that, only with a little sparkle added. It's too early to tell if that sparkle is a benefit, or a gleam of artificiality.

In the bass arena, Solar wins hands down. I've always loved Angie's bass, with its texture and agility, but Solar extends deeper and sounds even more organic, like a Dynamic Driver.

Their vocals are equal in quality, just positioned differently on the soundstage. With Angie, they're forward from the rest of the mix. With Solar, they take a step back. Not too far. Just enough so they sound part of the music, like a live rock show.

Honestly, I'd recommend either one, no matter who you are or what your preference. They're both that good.

My reason for buying a new IEM is that Angie is just so big, and I really wanted to go Custom. The obvious choice was a CIEM Angie, and I almost did that, but I felt this was an opportunity to try something new.

Apr 30, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #6,223 of 6,668
M
They are really comparable. There is actually something, to my ears, that made the 100ii a bit easier to listen too for EXTENDED listening, can't put it into words. I think both are really great devices. At the time, the used prices for both were a bit higher than they are now. You only need to look for a great price on either.
ah i see thats nice

Apr 30, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #6,224 of 6,668

I agree - I did a pretty long audition between the Angie v1s and the Rosies, and I thought the Rosies were definitely stronger in the bass (at same levels on the dials). On its own, the Rosies sounded great, but after back-and-forth comparisons with the Angies, I thought the Angie's had a bit more of a neutral / balanced presentation all-around (including the bass).

As my other headphones are the Ether C's which are also quite balanced and neutral, I found myself preferring the Angie's sound quite a bit over the Rosie's.

beerchug.gif

and dual dacs, of course 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back