Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Apr 5, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #6,181 of 6,668

I tried AIFF seems to be working fine. thanks. Can anyone suggest a good ripping software for MAC that allows converting CDs to FLAC?

Thank!

XLD, freeware, I use it constantly and it works perfectly.  Converts CDs to either FLAC or WAV (I prefer FLAC for several reasons).  You can also do basic tagging and attach art with it.  

Glad it was just a file issue and you got it sorted out.  

XLD also rips multiple formats at the same time. Which I used for a long time until I found xact now I just keep one loseless version.

Thanks UNOE!

I will try the ones you have mentioned.

Apr 6, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #6,182 of 6,668
Apparently my AK100ii was faulty so I'm sending it back for replacement..... I didn't touch the side three buttons until today and I realised what was causing my songs to skip or fast forward itself.....the buttons were pressed hard inside and they were doing their own thing....quality control issue I would say:mad:

Apr 8, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #6,184 of 6,668
I want to apologize to the thread if I offended anyone with my popcorn munching emote. I was eloquently moderated by Brooko so please accept my apologies.

Apr 9, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #6,188 of 6,668
  has anyone else noticed a dramatically shorter battery life?
my AK120II now looses juice very fast (about 5% in 10 minutes, balanced, Campfire's Jupiter or balanced to Continental Dual Mono)... I've noticed it about two weeks ago...
Everything's turned off (wifi, bluetooth, screen).

Depending on how long you have had it, and how frequently you use it, it's possible your battery is showing signs of age.  Lithium-ion batteries typically have a noticeable loss of capacity after a few hundred recharge cycles, so if you've had it since release and and recharge it two or three times a week, you might be getting close to that.  The AK120II's been out long enough now that we'll probably start seeing people who put them through heavy use need to get the batteries replaced.

Apr 9, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #6,189 of 6,668
Hey guys I'm in a dilemma now and need some advice......good news astell and kern decided to replace my faulty ak100ii unit..awesome and thanks to the guys at AK.however I now have option to get the same unit brand new or upgrade meaning ak240 or ak320 at a good discount.

I did a brief a/b testing with ak320 player single ended and couldn't tell much difference except for little more clarity and bigger soundstage. Probably more noticeable with balanced?

Question is currently anyone using chord mojo with ak100ii and how does it compare to standalone Ak320 or even ak240.....can't find mojo to test in my area at the moment....so would it be better getting mojo to pair with ak100ii rather than getting the mentioned models above?

Apr 10, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #6,190 of 6,668
The mojo and AK100 II as transport sound much better than the AK100 II standalone.
Hell I think it sounds better than their flagship AK380 that I had a chance to hear on several occasions. If you don't mind stacking go with Mojo and AK100 II as your transport. And if you want to be more portable then use the AK standalone the best of both worlds, IMHO of course.

Apr 11, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #6,191 of 6,668
  Depending on how long you have had it, and how frequently you use it, it's possible your battery is showing signs of age.  Lithium-ion batteries typically have a noticeable loss of capacity after a few hundred recharge cycles, so if you've had it since release and and recharge it two or three times a week, you might be getting close to that.  The AK120II's been out long enough now that we'll probably start seeing people who put them through heavy use need to get the batteries replaced.

have it since November last year...
use it on a daily basis, about two or three hours a day.

Apr 11, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #6,193 of 6,668
The mojo and AK100 II as transport sound much better than the AK100 II standalone.
Hell I think it sounds better than their flagship AK380 that I had a chance to hear on several occasions. If you don't mind stacking go with Mojo and AK100 II as your transport. And if you want to be more portable then use the AK standalone the best of both worlds, IMHO of course.

Depends on the headphone. I have both the AK100ii and the mojo. I prefer the Ak100ii with my Noble K10s by far and I prefer the mojo with my Fostex THX00s by far.

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #6,194 of 6,668
Hey guys I'm in a dilemma now and need some advice......good news astell and kern decided to replace my faulty ak100ii unit..awesome and thanks to the guys at AK.however I now have option to get the same unit brand new or upgrade meaning ak240 or ak320 at a good discount.

I did a brief a/b testing with ak320 player single ended and couldn't tell much difference except for little more clarity and bigger soundstage. Probably more noticeable with balanced?

Question is currently anyone using chord mojo with ak100ii and how does it compare to standalone Ak320 or even ak240.....can't find mojo to test in my area at the moment....so would it be better getting mojo to pair with ak100ii rather than getting the mentioned models above?

The mojo is a DAC, so whatever device you use to feed it music files won't make a difference in SQ assuming it meets the basic function of serving the file without skipping etc.

AK is offering the discounted device upgrade directly?  I'd be very tempted by that assuming the credit for the old device was reasonable.

Apr 27, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #6,195 of 6,668
weird problem with Mojo and AK120ii...

whenever I want to play any files above 24/96 Mojo can't handle it via opt in. BUT that only happens when I use the AK120ii as transport, any other DAP I try works fine. BUT any other DAC also works flawlessly. If I connect AK to desktop DAC no problem with 24/192 or DSD (24/176.2).
I tried different cables, no change.

to summarize: my AK120ii and Mojo doesn't work with files above 24/96. But both work perfect with other devices.

anyone have an idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back