Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Mar 5, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #6,061 of 6,668
I agree this problem shouldn't exist. If the pausing occurred more frequently, I would have to look elsewhere. It's a very minor inconvenience compaired to the UI issues of other players.

Mar 5, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #6,063 of 6,668
I use my AK120ii every day at work, for hours and hours. Most days the pausing never happens. Then out of nowhere it will happen two or three times within a span of ten minutes, and then you won't experience it again for another week or so. It's like when you get the hiccups. It's inconvenient for a few minutes, and then you forget it ever happened. :cool:

Should it have happened in the first place? Hell no. It's stupid, dumb and wrong. But I'll take these hiccups for the great pleasures of Astell & Kern.

Mar 5, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #6,064 of 6,668
My $40 Sansa Clip Zip NEVER paused, just saying. 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 5, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #6,065 of 6,668
My $500 Oppo BDP-103 BluRay player will lock up every once in a while.  My 27" iMac will suddenly not "see" my external burner and I have to restart it.  Electronics are not always perfect, and I really wonder if sometimes it is what WE put in them that makes them hiccup.  Things get corrupted, files can have little things wrong with them, who really knows?

And, again, my 120ll has never paused.  My Colorfly C3 would just lock up for no apparent reason, and I took to carrying a pin around on my walks so I could reset it.  These devices have reset buttons for a reason.  

Mar 5, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #6,066 of 6,668
I use my AK120ii every day at work, for hours and hours. Most days the pausing never happens. Then out of nowhere it will happen two or three times within a span of ten minutes, and then you won't experience it again for another week or so. It's like when you get the hiccups. It's inconvenient for a few minutes, and then you forget it ever happened.
cool.gif

That is my experience exactly, as well.  Totally random.  And if i quickly `rewind`, it will play through the skipped section smooth as silk without issue.

I got my 120ii in November of 2014 and it never did this skipping/pausing for many many months, never once. Only in the past few months it started.  (Sorry Old Dude - not trying to jinx you or anything).  

It`s obviously a buffering issue; why it seems to happen on 16/44 as often as 24/192 and 5.6dsd is less obvious.  It should be fixable in a firmware (I hope). 

Mar 5, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #6,068 of 6,668
My $40 Sansa Clip Zip NEVER paused, just saying. :rolleyes:

Neither does my X5 Classic, and yet on a whole, I consider the AK a huge step up all the same.

It's a stupid problem that should have been fixed a long time ago.

How about you keep your Sansa Clip and I keep my X5 and we both throw our AKs in the river? :p

Good thing AK will be at CanJam.

Ooo. I'd love to hear what they have to say about this. As far as I know, they've been utterly mute on this issue.

Mar 5, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #6,069 of 6,668
Neither does my X5 Classic, and yet on a whole, I consider the AK a huge step up all the same.

It's a stupid problem that should have been fixed a long time ago.

How about you keep your Sansa Clip and I keep my X5 and we both throw our AKs in the river?
tongue.gif

Ooo. I'd love to hear what they have to say about this. As far as I know, they've been utterly mute on this issue.

I know what they are going to say. ARREST HIM, I am going to walk up to them, give them my 100II and RUN away with a 380. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 5, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #6,070 of 6,668

I know what they are going to say. ARREST HIM, I am going to walk up to them, give them my 100II and RUN away with a 380. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Don`t grab the copper by mistake - that thing is so heavy you won`t be able to run very fast . . . 

Mar 5, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #6,072 of 6,668
Mine hasn't paused yet. But I do remember my old AK100ii doing that every once in a while? It was super rare though... like once a week? or once every two weeks?

Have you guys tried factory reset?

What's funny is that the Jr has some lag before a song starts up but it never pauses or interrupts the song once it gets going.

Mar 5, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #6,073 of 6,668
M-13 beat me to it- I was going to suggest you folks do a factory reset.  I'd also write down the name of the song playing and see if it sticks again another time.  Narrow things down.  The fact that one report said that if a rewind happened it would then play fine makes me wonder what is going on with that file (if it is, indeed, a file issue).  

Mar 5, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #6,075 of 6,668
  M-13 beat me to it- I was going to suggest you folks do a factory reset.  I'd also write down the name of the song playing and see if it sticks again another time.  Narrow things down.  The fact that one report said that if a rewind happened it would then play fine makes me wonder what is going on with that file (if it is, indeed, a file issue).  

I`ve actually already done a ton of that kind of checking, trying to narrow it down to specific files, file types, internal or SD, EQ on or off, etc.  All of my checking results in only one description: RANDOM.  

Like I said, my 120ii didn`t do it at all for the majority of its life and then suddenly started.  So maybe it started with a firmware update - that I don`t know.  

Regarding doing a factory reset : I have a lot of playlists that have taken me a lot of time to create.  Does anyone know a simple way to save these and restore them after the reset ? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back