Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Jan 5, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #5,417 of 6,668
Yes, embed.  And if not, keep the jpegs smaller than 500x500.  Mine show up immediately, no issues with lag.
Alright, it looks like I have to find some time to tag a few thousand songs :) Hopefully that will eliminate that tiny delay before the album art fades in when first scrolling after every boot. My album art are currently 480x480 so I guess it would mostly be the need to embed. Thanks!

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #5,418 of 6,668
I just tried mine after a reboot.  Going to Album, as I scroll down from the first screen of albums I get little circles that turn into album art as I scroll.  If I scroll too fast I just get little circles until it catches up to itself.  Is this what you are talking about?  That's not going to go away as it seems to be a matter of processor speed.  Normal.  Either scroll slower or use Artist or Folder to get where you want.  

This thing is not an iPhone with a ton of processor speed.  It's a music player and apparently you can't hurry love.  

Jan 5, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #5,419 of 6,668
I just tried mine after a reboot.  Going to Album, as I scroll down from the first screen of albums I get little circles that turn into album art as I scroll.  If I scroll too fast I just get little circles until it catches up to itself.  Is this what you are talking about?  That's not going to go away as it seems to be a matter of processor speed.  Normal.  Either scroll slower or use Artist or Folder to get where you want.  

This thing is not an iPhone with a ton of processor speed.  It's a music player and apparently you can't hurry love.  

Oh - that was what I meant. I was wondering if embedding the album art would make that go away - but apparently not. Also, if I click on an album or a song before the album art loads, the ones loading may end up as a music symbol (no album art).
Anyway, is there a benefit of embedding album art instead of using cover.jpg on the AK100ii/120ii? Thanks.

Jan 5, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #5,420 of 6,668
I don't know if there is a benefit, but I embed as it's easier and cleaner (for me).  I don't have to resize an image, and sometimes I find even if I do it right the image doesn't appear as album art.  Ghosts in the machine?  But embedded art always shows up.  I just do it when tagging.  But if you have to re-do a whole lot of albums, there probably won't be a big benefit to doing so.  Maybe just from now on embed the art.  As for lag, I just live with it- and also, I rarely go by Album.  I go by Artist or, sometimes, Folder.  

Jan 6, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #5,421 of 6,668
Edited, found my answer here:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/8415#post_12219847

Jan 6, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #5,422 of 6,668
  Edited, found my answer here:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/8415#post_12219847

That particular confusion has resurfaced due to the new found popularity of the old AK models being roughly the same size as the Mojo.
The AK1x0ii models discussed in this thread are superior in many ways to their predecessors, including IMO form factor.

Jan 6, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #5,423 of 6,668
Thank you Uzi, I only asked  because I found a strikingly good deal on the 100Mkii, but then also saw the 100ii and had to look further into it.

Jan 6, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #5,424 of 6,668

Oh - that was what I meant. I was wondering if embedding the album art would make that go away - but apparently not. Also, if I click on an album or a song before the album art loads, the ones loading may end up as a music symbol (no album art).
Anyway, is there a benefit of embedding album art instead of using cover.jpg on the AK100ii/120ii? Thanks.

There are free itunes scripts, that should make your life easier, if it's just embedding.

Jan 6, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #5,425 of 6,668
  I have a problem on my AK120II.

Some of my files are not tagged in the AK, but they are...

For exemple for one Artist I have 3 albums, but just one appear. I laso have some artists who does not appear.

Did you have this trouble? If yes someone could help me to solve it?

Thanks guys!

I do not understand what are your recommandations guys? Maybee a software or anything else?

Jan 6, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #5,426 of 6,668
Hello to all!

Could any body comment on this question?

Sr 71B + Fiio X 5ii VS Astell & Kern 100 ii  in terms of sound quality for balanced Headphones Audeze EL 8 closed and IEM Noble 3.

Thank you!

Jan 6, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #5,427 of 6,668
  Hello to all!

Could any body comment on this question?

Sr 71B + Fiio X 5ii VS Astell & Kern 100 ii  in terms of sound quality for balanced Headphones Audeze EL 8 closed and IEM Noble 3.

Thank you!

I don't think an unamped AK100ii has enough power to make a planar sound its best.

Jan 6, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #5,428 of 6,668
  I do not understand what are your recommandations guys? Maybee a software or anything else?

It just means the naming on your songs may be causing the trouble.  Tags are embedded in the file, you don't see them.  Using a tagging editor allows you to see and change them.  Both Macs and PCs have free and paid apps that will do so.  On my Mac I use XLD, which is freeware, as well as Yate, which costs under $20.   I'm sure the PC users here can suggest some apps that work on Windows.  Tagging itself is quite easy, not much of a learning curve.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back