Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Aug 28, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #1,232 of 6,668
  The eye of the beholder, I guess....I like mine.

No dispute.  As long as you are happy that is the most important thing.  Cheers

Aug 28, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #1,233 of 6,668
ok I see what your saying, so I guess I just have to send mp3 files to the ak100ii then, I just hope the ak100ii will sound better then my ipod5 that's all? Is their also a music site like iTunes with DSD and AIFF that I can buy their sings with that format?

IMHO to play mp3 on 100ii is a waste as the DAP can perform much better with hires files.  

However, you may also keep a MP3 folders for your favorite songs and just listening to beautiful music regardless of their quality (somehow most pop recordings in the 70s are of average quality and will not really make any difference). 

Aug 28, 2014 at 10:06 PM Post #1,234 of 6,668
IMHO to play mp3 on 100ii is a waste as the DAP can perform much better with hires files.  

However, you may also keep a MP3 folders for your favorite songs and just listening to beautiful music regardless of their quality (somehow most pop recordings in the 70s are of average quality and will not really make any difference). 
Oh I know I just bought Michael Jackson album in DSD file and was amazed, I still transfer most of my MP3 on it as well cause let's face I have over a thousand songs from iTunes

Aug 28, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #1,235 of 6,668
just started listening to the high resolution samples wow oh wow! This device Is amazing sound through my Oppo PM-1, question is 75.0 volume level the highest it goes? Its loud enough just wondering, Thanks for all the feedback looks like I will be buying a few high res file as well, I can't stop raving bout this beauty, Now Is their also a break in period?

while I appreciate your enthusiasm I would just like to say that hi-rez doesn't guarantee good recordings, so if you get some tracks that don't really sound better than your mp3s don't make a blanket assumption.   

looking at you beck
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=124244.0

edit:
btw that a sexy set up you got.

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #1,236 of 6,668

Sorry, I failed to hear any sonic differences between the two with my Fitear C435... maybe my earphones are not revealing enough.....for the record, the one SACD I have on these microsd cards did not bring enough differences between the two...

Disclaimer: I am not a student and I only spend my limited time to listen to either well-mastered highres PCM or DSD files....

Aug 29, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #1,237 of 6,668

Sorry, I failed to hear any sonic differences between the two with my Fitear C435... maybe my earphones are not revealing enough.....for the record, the one SACD I have on these microsd cards did not bring enough differences between the two...

Disclaimer: I am not a student and I only spend my limited time to listen to either well-mastered highres PCM or DSD files....

is that the 120II and ak240 stock or modded?

Aug 29, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #1,238 of 6,668

is that the 120II and ak240 stock or modded?

both are stock models. From this comparison, I infer that an RWAK120II would sound better than a stock AK240 given the better bass rendering/impact like you find in higher end systems.

Aug 29, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #1,240 of 6,668
  do you still prefer the hm-901?

edit:
have you ever heard the 801?

unfortunately, my HM-901 is now sent back to Hifiman because of faulty headphone jack so i didnt have a lot of time to compare between the two using balance out...  I would prefer the AK240 over the HM-901 (minibox card), but again I need to A/B a lot more with balance card to draw the conclusion. I have a friend (experience head-fier) who told me in private that I am using a wrong card.

Aug 29, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #1,242 of 6,668
Does anyone use the Pro EQ or do you have yours custom to sound even better then the PRO on the Ak100ii? Thanks.
Mike

I'm happy without any EQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back