Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Aug 27, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #1,202 of 6,668
Aug 27, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #1,204 of 6,668
Jut order my AK100II, will get it tomorrow from B&H,Looking forward to hearing through my Oppo PM-1..pics and impression tomorrow. .

Congratulations

Aug 27, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #1,205 of 6,668
  Hi, I'm a new owner of the AK100II.
I encounter some issue with the wifi. It does not turn on. Is there any requirement?

When you go in the settings and put WiFi ON it can take a while for the device to detect the availeble WiFi networks.
You'll see a small WiFi (enty) icon on the top bar, then once it has the network it will fill-up.

Otherwise no specific things needed.

µ

Above, WiFi is ON, but it is still searching.

Above, WiFi is ON, and connected.

If needed, click on WiFi; the text WiFi (not the on-off button), then click "ON" and a list with the available WiFi networks will appear. Select the correct one and enter (if any) your security settings.

You can press the circle arrows (at the Red arrow in pic above) to Refresh, so your AK100 searches again for available networks.

Hope this can help,

Casper

Aug 27, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #1,206 of 6,668

When you go in the settings and put WiFi ON it can take a while for the device to detect the availeble WiFi networks.
You'll see a small WiFi (enty) icon on the top bar, then once it has the network it will fill-up.

Otherwise no specific things needed.

µ

Above, WiFi is ON, but it is still searching.

Above, WiFi is ON, and connected.

If needed, click on WiFi; the text WiFi (not the on-off button), then click "ON" and a list with the available WiFi networks will appear. Select the correct one and enter (if any) your security settings.

You can press the circle arrows (at the Red arrow in pic above) to Refresh, so your AK100 searches again for available networks.

Hope this can help,

Casper

When i say it does not turn on the wifi is always off. Whenever i tried to switch it on it switch back to off after a few seconds.
Pictures here : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32008393/1.JPG  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32008393/2.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32008393/3.JPG
I have a weird icon in the notifcation center after the manipulation and it stay after a reboot. I need to reset settings or data to get the gray wifi icon back.

Aug 28, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #1,207 of 6,668
I was just chit chatting with a colleague and it turns out he just bought an AK120II...i am gonna bring two identical microsd cards with same highres PCM to A/B with my stock AK240 tmw....i expect no sonic differences btw the two...
Pretty good plan for a lazy Firday afternoon

Aug 28, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #1,208 of 6,668
I'll be interested in your findings., so far, very happy with the 120ii, but I've had no chance to hear a 240.

Aug 28, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #1,211 of 6,668
Getting ak100ii today and my question is when I transfer music from iTunes, from pc does it automatically transfer them to the ak100ii in hi res files? Or is it something extra I have to do,Or when I do the transfering what format will appear?sorry new to this thread and ak100ii. .thanks

Aug 28, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #1,212 of 6,668
It doesn't change the resolution of the music file located on the PC. It's literally drag and drop so the file is identical.

iTunes software has settings for importing music off CDs at different resolutions and file types.

Aug 28, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #1,213 of 6,668
According to the specs, only difference is the 128GB of additonal capacity on the 240, It's up to the individual to determine if the difference you hear is placebo or the additional $800 is worth it for the additional  128GB of capacity.

It doesn't change the resolution of the music file located on the PC. It's literally drag and drop so the file is identical.

iTunes software has settings for importing music off CDs at different resolutions and file types.
So what your saying if I want to change it at a higher resolution, I have to do so through iTunes first before transfering? Bear with me only cause I used to have a ipod5 so IAM assuming that the sound quality also is a huge improvement? Compared to a ipod5.

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #1,214 of 6,668
So what your saying if I want to change it at a higher resolution, I have to do so through iTunes first before transfering? Bear with me only cause I used to have a ipod5 so IAM assuming that the sound quality also is a huge improvement? Compared to a ipod5.
Correct. The AK devices are just like a portable hard drive and you copy the files from your PC to it. Nothing changes regarding the file itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back