Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Jul 28, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #6,391 of 6,668
If you want to use your smartphone as a source, you'd be better off getting a Mojo. These Astell&Kern devices are utilized best when they are the source.

No sir i prefer a separate dap, just thought i'd ask about possible hookups with my s7 edge and iphone 6s since i sometimes use spotify and apple music... thanks

How about search function of songs and "play next" option sir does the ak100 ii have them? Thanks

Jul 28, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #6,392 of 6,668
No sir i prefer a separate dap, just thought i'd ask about possible hookups with my s7 edge and iphone 6s since i sometimes use spotify and apple music... thanks

How about search function of songs and "play next" option sir does the ak100 ii have them? Thanks

The AK100ii is both search and queue capable. 

Jul 29, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #6,394 of 6,668
I'm looking at "growth" opportunities for my ak100ii. Anyone here using it together with the Mojo? Impressions please
smily_headphones1.gif

just upgraded my ak100ii to qp1r 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 29, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #6,399 of 6,668
I used to stack things too. But the reason i got the AK is to forego stacking. But now i'm looking at changing things again - it may involve stacking or a new stand alone dap.
ah then get a mojo!

Jul 29, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #6,402 of 6,668
A Mojo needs a transport.  The 100ll is a transport, albeit a pricey one.  The good news would be that the UI and controls are very good.   But you could certainly buy a cheaper DAP and get the same sound  from it via the Mojo.  Remember to factor in the cost of a good connector cable as well.  

Jul 30, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #6,403 of 6,668
Yeah, seen people use the 120ii as their transport! That's a more expensive option! But yeah, maybe i'll audition the Mojo in the next few days and see how it sounds. I never really had a chance to hear the Mojo (or choose not to as i'm afraid of getting poisoned) hehe

Jul 30, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #6,404 of 6,668
  A Mojo needs a transport.  The 100ll is a transport, albeit a pricey one.  The good news would be that the UI and controls are very good.   But you could certainly buy a cheaper DAP and get the same sound  from it via the Mojo.  Remember to factor in the cost of a good connector cable as well.  

That's not necessarily true. You would think that all digital sources would sound the same, but they don't. Interference and noise will affect SQ. It has been reported that the early AK 1xx series has inferior optical output to the 1xxii and 240 series. I haven't heard any reports of the 3xx series. The BIT Opus#1 sounds better on it's own and when used as transport than the 100ii.
The cost of the cable is not an issue as when using a short run, even the cheapest optical fibres will transmit 24/192 without problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back