Brand new - Zishan Z2 DSD Player- AK 4490 - Link to order, Firmware update. page 1
Oct 11, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #511 of 678
Is there a post here, or a link, to the changes you made to the HPF?
I don't think so.
If the original Zishan circuit is from the AK4490 data sheet, are your changes just substituting a different op-amp or are you changing other filter components?
Changing op-amp and other components (MKT caps 1nf, just to see if it makes any difference, most likely not), having said that currently I have NO LPF opamp at all.
"Null" LPF opamp has the following advantages: does not overheat (or consume any power at all), cheap, does not colour the sound. :L3000:

Oct 11, 2017 at 2:28 AM Post #512 of 678
I wish you are just 1 hour driving so I could visit and get my Z2 those 2 green arms of HULK lol... Anyway looking so fully packed, how was the sound difference after the mod?
Buy all means to pop by if you find yourself down under.
I don't remember the original sound signature, to be honest (although I have another Z2 on it's way, so will be able to compare), but I am VERY satisfied with the sound ATM.
Most important components are: V6, buffers/balanced drivers in F1, CH9T IEMs, AD712JN op-amps in F1, Nichicons output caps x2.

Oct 11, 2017 at 3:48 AM Post #513 of 678
IMG-20171011-WA0013.jpeg
Ok..I took the plunge

Oct 13, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #517 of 678
A dual one, I bought one like this. I don't know why all the sellers have agreed to call it "dual to mono", they're the opposite. On the linked one there is a mono ic on top and one on the bottom. Dual just means stereo
Thanks!
How does opa627 sound compared with the stock one on z2?
Have you tried lme49720ha, and which is better?

Oct 13, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #518 of 678
I like 49720ha best of all, but I may be in minority. I find opa627 quite warm, I think it is best for controlling a bit too much brightness/too lean sound. I also find 49720ha better than muses02 and v5i, but maybe I haven't given those enough time (I've tried several times, and each time missed the HA)

Oct 15, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #521 of 678
I like 49720ha best of all, but I may be in minority. I find opa627 quite warm, I think it is best for controlling a bit too much brightness/too lean sound. I also find 49720ha better than muses02 and v5i, but maybe I haven't given those enough time (I've tried several times, and each time missed the HA)

I just installed the 49720HA in the Z1, yours is in the Z2?

Oct 15, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #524 of 678
I don't think so.

Changing op-amp and other components (MKT caps 1nf, just to see if it makes any difference, most likely not), having said that currently I have NO LPF opamp at all.
"Null" LPF opamp has the following advantages: does not overheat (or consume any power at all), cheap, does not colour the sound. :L3000:

From my understanding of Digital Music conversion to Analog, you're dealing with converting a stream of discrete voltages to a smooth analog signal - i.e. for a CD, that's changing the 1.4 Million Bits per second data stream, into an analog wave.
Since the data stream is square wave pulses, and a square wave has a large number of higher frequency harmonics, wouldn't you need a good Low Pass Filter operating, to remove the harmonics when converting from the digital representation to the smoothed analog signal?

Oct 15, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #525 of 678
From my understanding of Digital Music conversion to Analog, you're dealing with converting a stream of discrete voltages to a smooth analog signal - i.e. for a CD, that's changing the 1.4 Million Bits per second data stream, into an analog wave.
Since the data stream is square wave pulses, and a square wave has a large number of higher frequency harmonics, wouldn't you need a good Low Pass Filter operating, to remove the harmonics when converting from the digital representation to the smoothed analog signal?
Absolutely!
Having said that, AK4490 has built-in filters, so the analog one is only contributing to filtering, not doing it on and by itself. Also, all the caps and resistors are (mostly) in place, so I have a passive filter (instead of an active one that utilises OP amp).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back