Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Sep 25, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #1,922 of 4,426
According to this thread, Ranko RIE-2020 turned out to cost 38,000 RMB or over 6,000 bucks

http://www.post76.com/x2/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=199102

The cable alone should be close to 2K (i.e. 11,500 RMB)

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=41144210939

Hmm you sure not a typo? lol...

Sep 25, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #1,924 of 4,426
Well, that's more like a collector's item since they should be as rare as something like MURAMASA VIII from FAD. Ain't that suprising to ask for merely 38,000 RMB a piece since they do even better?

It's also interesting that RHA-5000 cable would cost even more than Entreq Atlantis or Siltech Duchess Crown.

Wish I had mula to waste on collectors items :wink:.

Sep 25, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #1,925 of 4,426
6 grand? What
confused_face(1).gif

Sep 25, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #1,926 of 4,426
I also don't like Tralucent gold/silver because of ergonomics (although the SQ is much better with this stock cable when used with Ref 1 than with 1plus2).
I have been using DHC copper cable with my 1plus2 (DHC is also cheaper than Tralucent gold/silver) which improved both ergonomics and SQ (smoothed out some of the 1plus2 sibilance).
However I don't want to use that DHC cable with Ref 1 - no need for copper to smooth anything on those phones.
Well you are NOT helping me man :D

Sep 25, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #1,927 of 4,426
Well you are NOT helping me man
biggrin.gif

How so? Didn't I agree with you on inferior ergonomics of Tralucent stock cable? 
biggrin.gif

On the sad note, I was really looking forward to ordering the Whiplash cable but I'm now getting very cold feet after reading horror stories in Whiplash threads about customer support.
To be fair, Craig replied to my initial PM very quickly but is not replying to my follow up questions including to be more specific about how long it should take to build/deliver the cable (other than initially telling me they are running 8 days behind - but behind what is unclear and concerns me). That as well as some people posting on Whiplash threads that they have not received their cables up to 10 months after ordering - even though they had good communication prior to ordering they have supposedly not been able to get any updates about status of their orders - don't know if these are truthful reports but there are multiple people complaining...). 

Sep 25, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #1,928 of 4,426
This is my 3rd cable from Craig and I've had no problems with him. I think some of the stories are exaggerated, but he does take his time. He told me 10-12 weeks on one order, which is a crazy long time, but he delivered within that time period. I'm waiting on a new setup from him and he has responded promptly to just about every email I've sent him, which is around 100, probably a little more according to our conversations. Of course, you could be the guy that has a problem. with him, so you never know. Just sharing my experience with him.

Sep 25, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #1,929 of 4,426
This is my 3rd cable from Craig and I've had no problems with him. I think some of the stories are exaggerated, but he does take his time. He told me 10-12 weeks on one order, which is a crazy long time, but he delivered within that time period. I'm waiting on a new setup from him and he has responded promptly to just about every email I've sent him, which is around 100, probably a little more according to our conversations. Of course, you could be the guy that has a problem. with him, so you never know. Just sharing my experience with him.

I appreciate that - and good for you that you are among those with positive experience. I'm sure the cable is amazing - most people who eventually got it in their hands are blown with quality of final product (even on those forums among other complaints there is consistency about this being a really top notch product).

Sep 25, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #1,930 of 4,426
I appreciate that - and good for you that you are among those with positive experience. I'm sure the cable is amazing - most people who eventually got it in their hands are blown with quality of final product (even on those forums among other complaints there is consistency about this being a really top notch product).

You'll be fine mate , I had a good experience personally. Order it :p

Sep 25, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #1,932 of 4,426
You'll be fine mate , I had a good experience personally. Order it
tongue.gif

Even if I ignore the negative customer feedback, it's kind of hard to order it when he is not responding to my PM - and I don't see a way to order via web page because it does not have option to select Ref 1 recessed connectors (does not have any place I can see that allows you to select what type of connector you want).

Sep 25, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #1,933 of 4,426
If you'd like his email, I can pm it to you. That's the way I've always communicated with him.

not trying to push his cables on you, just trying to help a fellow head-fier out bro. Sorry if I am coming off as pushy, not my intention.

Sep 25, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #1,934 of 4,426
If you'd like his email, I can pm it to you. That's the way I've always communicated with him.

not trying to push his cables on you, just trying to help a fellow head-fier out bro. Sorry if I am coming off as pushy, not my intention.

I appreciate that. Please pm that email address to me if not too much trouble (although I'm still perplexed that he would not already jump on answering my pm when I'm likely to hand over $525
confused_face_2.gif
).

Sep 25, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #1,935 of 4,426
Hey Guys...

I rarely post in headfi and for this very reason. 

I cant believe that so many of you are saying that I don't answer emails when daily Im up to 4am 7 days a week answering emails. I have learned that lots of emails from outside US go into my SPAM folder or I just simply I don't receive them. Im sure this is not the case for every email.

Believe me, Im not perfect and this certainly is no excuse at all!!! I wish the thousands of customers that are blown away from their experiences would post comments. Instead the very few that something went wrong are the ones that post. If so many were unhappy, trust me, I wouldn't be coming out new products and hopefully change the audio community. All I want to do is make the best product that Im capable of. I will never cut corners or rush things in order to mass produce cables. That will never happen. 

For those of you that have a bad experience, Im very sorry for this. I try my very best to make everyone satisfied. I often fail, but succeed much more so for that reason I keep doing what I can.

My email address is csanborn@whiplashaudio.com

Thanks for listening to me.

Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back