Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Oct 1, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #1,951 of 4,426
Isn't it wonderful that some things in our lives continue to be relevant.
smily_headphones1.gif

Absolutely! Even technology companies realize this every once in a while. For example Microsoft just presented the new Windows 10 that comes with the 'Start' button included by default!! 

Oct 1, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #1,952 of 4,426
Absolutely! Even technology companies realize this every once in a while. For example Microsoft just presented the new Windows 10 that comes with the 'Start' button included by default!! 

Heheh! Indeed! :)

Oct 1, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #1,953 of 4,426
Well got the replacement Ref 1s in and..... Much better. I at least know it's not my ears :wink:... Gonna have to run these in. They are bassy for sure. I think the bass will settle with usage though. I notice there is some serious slam on these.... Bass goes deeper than any other IEM I've heard so far.

Congratulations Lee. Run it for a week and it will settle down

Oct 1, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #1,954 of 4,426
Was having problem with tips, tried stock, ortofon's, comply.. didnt really like it. Stock was..okay but not a very good fit. Ortofon tips was horrible in my ears, due to the fitting i think the flap vibrates against my ears, causing them to itch.  Thank you for the member who suggested JVC Spiral Ears, the medium sized-one was a perfect fit for me!! I now love my Ref-1s more than ever!! ^_^

Oct 1, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #1,955 of 4,426
  Anyone here knows what
Are the new replacements glued to the cable? Have to check with Gavin which glue he uses. Got a friend asking that has a loose connection with another IEM using Westone pins.

Agree with the bass of the Ref1s. Surprises me every time I try them on.   

Hmm I'm not sure about that. My pieces don't fall off easily though. I thought Gavin recommended using clear nail-polish lacquer? I used that on my Flat 4 Sui to re-seat the tubings. Did the trick :).

Oct 2, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #1,958 of 4,426
I have myself switched to Spin Fits and find it works better for me. Loving it! :)

Oct 2, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #1,960 of 4,426
Oct 2, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #1,961 of 4,426
Jaben in Singapore brought them in.
smily_headphones1.gif

Can't seem to find them at Jaben Singapore online. I really want to get some of these if they are big enough. Do they still only make medium sized tips ?

Oct 2, 2014 at 6:51 AM Post #1,962 of 4,426
Can't seem to find them at Jaben Singapore online. I really want to get some of these if they are big enough. Do they still only make medium sized tips ?

You have to ask Claire or Peter. They keep them behind the counter. Yes, it appears so.

Oct 2, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #1,963 of 4,426
My formidable test - and review is now complete.  Time for some sleep, as it is very early in the morning (you do the math, I'm on Pacific ST).

I am very hesitant to post my review on the Ref. 1 thread, but this is a review on the Ref. 1 (and mentions other IEMs), so hopefully what I wrote will be taken as my own opinion - not a concrete fact.

Here's the link: http://www.head-fi.org/products/tralucent-audio-ref-1/reviews/11665

Please, if you have any issues with the review (especially negative) just PM me.  Thank you in advance.

Have a great day or night, everyone! 

Oct 2, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #1,964 of 4,426
  My formidable test - and review is now complete.  Time for some sleep, as it is very early in the morning (you do the math, I'm on Pacific ST).

I am very hesitant to post my review on the Ref. 1 thread, but this is a review on the Ref. 1 (and mentions other IEMs), so hopefully what I wrote will be taken as my own opinion - not a concrete fact.

Here's the link: http://www.head-fi.org/products/tralucent-audio-ref-1/reviews/11665

Please, if you have any issues with the review (especially negative) just PM me.  Thank you in advance.

Have a great day or night, everyone! 

A very thorough review! thanks :)

Oct 2, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #1,965 of 4,426
Great review Moe!! I agree with some of your point, of course these are all opinions. I think the highs extended a little bit more on the Ref1, which I never grow fatigued with, even listening St very high volumes for a decent amount of time. I do walk every morning, as I am right now, and most mornings I'm with my Ref 1 and TWau. I definitely wouldn't run with them, but walking, or doing cardio such as the elliptical machine has been no problem. This might sound crazy but I don't even think I bothered with the stock cable... I hate those thin wires!!

IMHO, these two headphones are very similar, but I do prefer my Ref1. I am a bass head for sure, but I despise bass when it messes up everything else, which IMHO neither phone does. The Shure se846 are better fitting, sound incredible, have more value, have a more versatility due to filter system, etc... But I choose my beloved Ref1 everytime. To me, the sound is absolutely perfect.

Thanks again Moe for a really awesome review, when I have my Ref1 back I'm going to try and listen more closely to see if I hear what you do.

For those interested I do own both sets of headphones. I haven't modded the black filters yet or added custom sleeves, but I will in the future.

Both are incredible, if I had to choose, and thankfully I don't, I'd keep the Ref 1. I know I said that already, but Moe did such a great review that some may think the 8s are better and they aren't!!! j/k... But I do love both headphones very much. I'd recommend either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back