Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Sep 18, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #1,861 of 4,426
Any experience on how Uber would compare to Whiplash cables? in particular the TWau reference cable?

I used the ref 1 with the uber and I have previously used a TWag. There's really no comparison. The TWag was a very usable cable with good flexibility while the uber is a very stiff, very microphonic, delicate mess. I would call the uber unusable for portable use, although people seem to use it that way. Just my experience and opinion.

Sep 18, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #1,863 of 4,426
Any experience on how Uber would compare to Whiplash cables? in particular the TWau reference cable?

I have the Whiplash TWag and an 8 core TWcu. Well, if you are more interested in normal erognomics, they're ok. Sonic-wise, functional. I've tried the TWau a number of times. It has a rather warm & languid sig.

Sep 19, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #1,865 of 4,426
The uber is not as stiff as you thought, i use it in gym with no problems.

lol come on guys? Are you serious? Well maybe you are. I would never use the uber cable at the gym or even on the move. It is rather stiff compared to other cables. I'd just be to worried of damaging it really and the bulk factor is second. It really did take away from the enjoyment of it for me. But being quite frank the sonics the cable brought was well worth it. Wish I still had the funds to afford it but that's not the case. It's got its pros and cons. If you are after pure sound it is "the upgrade" IMO.

Sep 19, 2014 at 4:15 AM Post #1,866 of 4,426
maybe I have joined this club too late.... but I really dont understand what is the big fuss of using uber outdoor.... in fact, I really only listen to my iems outdoor..

Sep 19, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #1,867 of 4,426
I know. It is not recommended but doable. I only used it in the gym few times and I was very careful with it. You dont want the dumbell tango up with the cable. To me the uber is not that stiff, but it has some weight. I use the twau with Mentor when I am on the go, Ref 1 with Uber at home.

Sep 19, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #1,868 of 4,426
to me, uber on the go is not a big problem. But the underlying problem is that when I am outside and don't want to listen to music, I can't fold the uber and squeeze it to my pocket like other cable. That's the real problem i guess. well, unless I always carry a bag....

Sep 19, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #1,869 of 4,426
Oh i understand what the problem is now...i have a carrying case for the uber..on a work day, i carry two daps n two iems...

Sep 19, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #1,870 of 4,426
I have the Whiplash TWag and an 8 core TWcu. Well, if you are more interested in normal erognomics, they're ok. Sonic-wise, functional. I've tried the TWau a number of times. It has a rather warm & languid sig.

Cool, i have placed an order for the TWau reference gold plated, hopefully should arrive soon...will be posting my thoughts after serious listening

Sep 20, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #1,872 of 4,426

(picture taken from Suyama-san's twitter)

Anyone heard of Ranko Acoustics? Their  new offering that's on display at the 2014 HIFI exhibition in China looks very similar to Tralucent's (so is the driver config), except for the stainless steel nozzle. More info can be found here: http://www.rankoaudio.com/Speaker/167.htm

Sep 20, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #1,874 of 4,426

(picture taken from Suyama-san's twitter)

Anyone heard of Ranko Acoustics? Their  new offering that's on display at the 2014 HIFI exhibition in China looks very similar to Tralucent's (so is the driver config), except for the stainless steel nozzle. More info can be found here: http://www.rankoaudio.com/Speaker/167.htm

Gavin owns Ranko Audio. It is his US branch of the company...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back