Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Sep 12, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #1,711 of 4,426
  so boys and boys, how your new toys? i've been some time away pretty busy with daily things, but my trusty 1+2 never let me have a dull moment. and i see Ref 1 is coming close to becoming a holy grail of headfi?
basshead.gif

also what sources you find pairing best? i still have RWAK but thinking about jumping to AK240 if there is not anything cheaper that would sound as good.

happy to see all familiar faces by the way
beerchug.gif

'' You've been away for a while? I'm highly satisfied with my AK240/Ref.1 pairing.

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #1,712 of 4,426
so boys and boys, how your new toys? i've been some time away pretty busy with daily things, but my trusty 1+2 never let me have a dull moment. and i see Ref 1 is coming close to becoming a holy grail of headfi? :basshead:

also what sources you find pairing best? i still have RWAK but thinking about jumping to AK240 if there is not anything cheaper that would sound as good.

happy to see all familiar faces by the way :beerchug:

Rwak120b and Ref1...ahhhhh...heavenly. Also thinking about adding a 240...but won't be for a while, just received bad news, my house in NY needs a new roof... there goes my fun for a while. At least I have amazing toys right now!!

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #1,713 of 4,426

ah......Muddy Waters... Tralucent owners have good taste for music. how about John Lee Hooker? love his "The Healer" and "Chill Out"
L3000.gif

Oh yes!! Love everything that man ever put out. Since you like the blues make sure to try to get your hands/ears on the following Big Bill Broonzy box at some point - it's not that well known and only CD resolution however incredible music and especially his amazing voice sounds so good on Tera/Ref1 (next to 'Folk Singer' my favorite acoustic blues album - because of it ended up buying books about the man to learn more).

http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Broonzy-Story-Big/dp/B00000JWNM

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #1,714 of 4,426
thankie thankie guys

tgdinamo, thanks for good suggestion, i will explore on the weekend. of latest incarnations i recommend you check latest Buddy Guy CD called Rhythm & Blues, iconic.

Sep 12, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #1,715 of 4,426
  so boys and boys, how your new toys? i've been some time away pretty busy with daily things, but my trusty 1+2 never let me have a dull moment. and i see Ref 1 is coming close to becoming a holy grail of headfi?
basshead.gif

happy to see all familiar faces by the way
beerchug.gif

Loving my Ref 1 with the Hifiman hm901 (with iem amp card), great combination & fun listening to everyday!  I would be interested in hearing the AK240 someday though.

Sep 12, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #1,716 of 4,426
Loving my Ref 1 with the Hifiman hm901 (with iem amp card), great combination & fun listening to everyday!  I would be interested in hearing the AK240 someday though.

I do enjoy the AK240 balanced with the Ref1. Effortless & beautiful presentation of the music! Same goes for the Tera Player: very organic & addictive. :)

Sep 12, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #1,717 of 4,426
  JVC Large size tips give you better isolation because they are bigger than Ortofon Large.

Overall, the isolation is great for me just slightly below my Fitear customs. It was not so great with Ortofon tips.

I have some JVC medium incoming....

Hi, I'm having an awful time getting a good, isolating seal on my Ref 1s. Is there a specific link I can follow to purchase the JVC large tips mentioned above? I do better with larger tips. I like the foam tips that come with the Refs but the sound is a tad muddy with them. Thanks!

Sep 12, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #1,718 of 4,426
Hi, I'm having an awful time getting a good, isolating seal on my Ref 1s. Is there a specific link I can follow to purchase the JVC large tips mentioned above? I do better with larger tips. I like the foam tips that come with the Refs but the sound is a tad muddy with them. Thanks!
I'd suggest trying the Comply TS-500's. I've generally found the Ts series tips to have less impact on the treble in comparison to silicone.

Sep 12, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #1,721 of 4,426

Hi Tera Girl, so you have Ref.1's now! Congratulations...
thumbs.gif

Tips: You want these JVC Tips, not the ones in your link...trust me.  LINK     

They are the best eartips I have ever tried....magic on Tralucent's

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #1,722 of 4,426

Agreed with you that foam tips not working well with Ref.1

Sep 13, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #1,723 of 4,426
I'm still out on that one. I get an excessive seal with these tips vs the 1Plus2. Actually gives me a vacuum seal... Been using the clear tips that I gave you some time ago. But I won't know how good these are until I get a replacement set under warranty.

Quote:

Hi Tera Girl, so you have Ref.1's now! Congratulations...
thumbs.gif

Tips: You want these JVC Tips, not the ones in your link...trust me.  LINK     

They are the best eartips I have ever tried....magic on Tralucent's

Sep 13, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #1,725 of 4,426

+1. Best tips ever over the likes of Spiral Dots, SureSeal and Ortofons. Too bad 
frown.gif

It puzzles me why you would spend umpteen gazillion dollars on the Ref.1 but would not bother to have them sent to one of the reputable people to make them custom. That's obviously the very best upgrade you can make, as far as sound quality and fit and you won't have to spend any money on replacement tips either. The prices I've seen quoted for such alterations does not seem high, not compared to what you paid for the Ref.1.
Btw, what did you guys (and gals) pay for them, anyway? I haven't seen any price quoted in my explorations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back