Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Sep 4, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #1,682 of 4,426
Does anyone know what the ref 1s impedance is? I've got an ak240 on the way and want to make sure there isn't an impedance issue with the combo.

According the first message in this thread, 26.8 ohm.

I've been using the Ref 1 with my AK240. No issues. :)

Sep 4, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #1,683 of 4,426

Maybe try one size up?

The size (of Comply) that I have already putting some small pressure to my ear canals and I might try one size down instead.

Sep 4, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #1,684 of 4,426
  The size (of Comply) that I have already putting some small pressure to my ear canals and I might try one size down instead.

Ya, you have to mess around with them, different sizes and different models, even the length you cut, they all have impact on sound,
in my case, I have to go extra steps, because my right canal is bigger than the left.

Sep 4, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #1,685 of 4,426

Ya, you have to mess around with them, different sizes and different models, even the length you cut, they all have impact on sound,
in my case, I have to go extra steps, because my right canal is bigger than the left.

Same for me...different size of the ear canals.  Will keep experimenting...thanks for bringing this up.

Sep 6, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #1,686 of 4,426
Just got my ref 1 in.... So far I am disappointed... I think my pair is defective? Vocals sound like it is coming more from the right side than the left. I think the left side mids driver is on the frits. Go figure :frowning2:.

Sep 6, 2014 at 3:42 AM Post #1,687 of 4,426
Just got my ref 1 in.... So far I am disappointed... I think my pair is defective? Vocals sound like it is coming more from the right side than the left. I think the left side mids driver is on the frits. Go figure :frowning2:.

Have you tried disconnecting the cable and re-inserting it to the ref 1? Also do you have an even fit with left and right sides, when placing them in your ears? Hope this helps!!

Sep 6, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #1,688 of 4,426
Have you tried disconnecting the cable and re-inserting it to the ref 1? Also do you have an even fit with left and right sides, when placing them in your ears? Hope this helps!!

Tried both. I'm gonna keep running them in and see if anything changes. Seemed worse when i initially plugged them in. Still does sound a bit off though compared to my other IEMs. Vocals don't sound centered as they should be. Seems the highs and bass are about the same loudness though. To better describe what I'm hearing sound likes the sound staging is more tilted to the right side than the left lol.

Sep 6, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #1,689 of 4,426
Tried both. I'm gonna keep running them in and see if anything changes. Seemed worse when i initially plugged them in. Still does sound a bit off though compared to my other IEMs. Vocals don't sound centered as they should be. Seems the highs and bass are about the same loudness though. To better describe what I'm hearing sound likes the sound staging is more tilted to the right side than the left lol.

Sorry to hear that mate, I'm hoping this will correct itself in that case :) The Ref 1 do sound wonderful! You've probably already tried\thought of, but do you have another cable that you can test out? Otherwise contact Gavin for further assistance.

Sep 6, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #1,690 of 4,426
Sorry to hear that mate, I'm hoping this will correct itself in that case
smily_headphones1.gif
The Ref 1 do sound wonderful! You've probably already tried\thought of, but do you have another cable that you can test out? Otherwise contact Gavin for further assistance.

I haven't tried another cable. Could maybe try the old SE5 cable. But not gonna unhook the SE5s from the gold cable. I did swap channels and it did sound better that way lol. I did contact Gavin already. First thing I did... Glad I have the SE5s to tie me over until then :wink:.

Sep 10, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #1,692 of 4,426
This thread's been quiet lately so thought I'd bring some noise even though it is off-topic: anybody see this 99% gold cable selling for $2,000

http://www.rhapsodiohk.com/products/536094eb131166dbda000027

Interesting, because gold isn't the best conductor, but I bet the bass on the Ref 1s would be 
basshead.gif

Sep 10, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #1,694 of 4,426
  This thread's been quiet lately so thought I'd bring some noise even though it is off-topic: anybody see this 99% gold cable selling for $2,000

http://www.rhapsodiohk.com/products/536094eb131166dbda000027

Interesting, because gold isn't the best conductor, but I bet the bass on the Ref 1s would be 
basshead.gif

I had gold IC's awhile back, I don't really remember specifics but what sticks in my head was that they always sounded really full, instruments sounded fully fleshed out if that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back