Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Apr 19, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #32 of 4,426
Apr 19, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #34 of 4,426
Your wife asked us not to.

LoL
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #35 of 4,426
Apr 19, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #36 of 4,426
  Very interesting indeed. Gavin's company Tralucent Audio is one of the a few iem makers that can make me try universals again. I still wish he would work on custom iems too
frown.gif

I wish he would too.

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #37 of 4,426
  Very interesting indeed. Gavin's company Tralucent Audio is one of the a few iem makers that can make me try universals again. I still wish he would work on custom iems too
frown.gif

I as well wish he would make customs.

Apr 22, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #38 of 4,426
I as well wish he would make customs.

Why? It seems like all I hear is people with customs kvetching about lead times, audiologist visits, poor fit and returns for remolds/adjustments or deciding to live with irritated ears and after all that you lose your shirt if you need (or want) to sell them. And sometimes the original company won't remold them, so you have to rely that some aftermarket company can do it without changing the sound of the original (which is doubtful).

What's wrong with having a few top tier IEM producers not into that jazz?

Kevin

Apr 23, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #41 of 4,426
I have pretty much given up on ciems coz the last pair I ordered had gone back for numerous refits and even now I can't get a good seal with my right ear...

Apr 23, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #42 of 4,426
Why? It seems like all I hear is people with customs kvetching about lead times, audiologist visits, poor fit and returns for remolds/adjustments or deciding to live with irritated ears and after all that you lose your shirt if you need (or want) to sell them. And sometimes the original company won't remold them, so you have to rely that some aftermarket company can do it without changing the sound of the original (which is doubtful).

What's wrong with having a few top tier IEM producers not into that jazz?

Kevin

If you ever try a pair of well fitting CIEMs you will understand.

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #43 of 4,426
If you ever try a pair of well fitting CIEMs you will understand.

Seems like that's not so easily accomplished. And if it should happen, gain or lose 15 pounds and all bets are off.

The only real reason I can see for customs is to avoid feedback for musicians on stage or for on-air talent to avoid their mics picking up the IFB from the director. Personally, I don't WANT total isolation from my surroundings in normal listening.

YMMV, of course, but for normal audio applications, I think there is a lot of logic in Tralucent's position. One size fits (most) all, you can tailor the sound a bit with various style tips, no ear-itation, no refits, high resale value, no audiologist visit/fee, no lost impressions, no diverting manpower to address previous customer issues (leaving more time to build new IEM's), lower manufacturing costs and less delays.

Please Tralucent, stay the course!

Apr 24, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #45 of 4,426
Just bought à Roxane & à HUGO !
It will be a very expensive year ! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back