Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Jul 29, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #1,276 of 4,426

Agreed....Ok, then how about this:

I have this remote but only to use this while using the 240 optical out to my home system.

Jul 30, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #1,278 of 4,426
I have this remote but only to use this while using the 240 optical out to my home system.

I use it when the ak240 is stacked with my Hugo in the bag... Too bad I can change volume with remote as optical out has fixed volume...

Jul 30, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #1,279 of 4,426

Is AK240 a good transport for this purpose?

The imaging is better than my MacBook Pro using Audirvana Plus.  

I'm using Wireworld optical (can't remember which model, can write you on this when back home tonight to find out) output to my Meitner MA1

Jul 30, 2014 at 4:58 AM Post #1,280 of 4,426
Is AK240 a good transport for this purpose?

CHG, I still use my loyal AK100 as a transport when I'm lazy to power on my iMac or Mac mini. When you use the AK as a transport via optical out, everything onboard is bypassed and everything depends on the desktop DAC and amp. Which is why the AK100 is still chugging along in my system: all it is being asked to be is a repository and a library system. :)

Jul 30, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #1,281 of 4,426
Thanks, guys. I am also a believer in digital transports are not created equal and synergy comes into play. (a graceful way of saying "i aint dropping no 100+usd for an optical cable unless i read more experienced guys saying the trabsport is good enough" LoL)
Now listening to ref 1 (silver/gold) off AK240, its my favorite portable combo for listening to piano recitals on the go!

Jul 30, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #1,282 of 4,426
Sound definitely changed a bit. bass tightened up, which kinda saddened me. I have the morning and early afternoon to myself tomorrow and plan on doing some serious listening. I've yet to listen to my Ref1 for longer than 30 minute period.
Can't wait!!

Jul 30, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #1,284 of 4,426
It is, hits very hard still. I just like that slow Rumble type bass it had before. Still sounds amazing though, that's for sure. I plan on listening for many hours tomorrow, I really can't wait. I didn't have a day off from work this week so I haven't had much free time to enjoy.

Jul 30, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #1,285 of 4,426
It is, hits very hard still. I just like that slow Rumble type bass it had before. Still sounds amazing though, that's for sure. I plan on listening for many hours tomorrow, I really can't wait. I didn't have a day off from work this week so I haven't had much free time to enjoy.

Ref.1 will give you even better low end over time and by then you'll be happier!

Jul 30, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #1,286 of 4,426
Ref.1 will give you even better low end over time and by then you'll be happier!

That will make me happier. Was just playing around with it before. For some crazy reason I bought a Fiio X3 yesterday, not sure why... Lol. Anyway, was hooking the Ref1 into it directly, sounds pretty good. Different than my zx1. A little more punch, but definitely more distortion at higher volume. I have to say, for $200, I am extremely impressed.
I'm still on the fence with adding an additional DAP. I'm 99% sure I'm going to get a dx99. I'm deciding between that and the X5. Also about 80% I'm getting Calyx M.
I don't remember reading about it, but has anyone paired X5 or Calyx with the Ref1 yet?

Jul 30, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #1,287 of 4,426
That will make me happier. Was just playing around with it before. For some crazy reason I bought a Fiio X3 yesterday, not sure why... Lol. Anyway, was hooking the Ref1 into it directly, sounds pretty good. Different than my zx1. A little more punch, but definitely more distortion at higher volume. I have to say, for $200, I am extremely impressed.
I'm still on the fence with adding an additional DAP. I'm 99% sure I'm going to get a dx99. I'm deciding between that and the X5. Also about 80% I'm getting Calyx M.
I don't remember reading about it, but has anyone paired X5 or Calyx with the Ref1 yet?

Or maybe is about time to edit your profile with all the new gadgets that you've got.

Jul 31, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #1,290 of 4,426

Users who are viewing this thread

Back