Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Jul 31, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #1,291 of 4,426
Just got these this morning..didnt really have time to AB
Quick notes
1. JVC size large is like Ortofon XL (such thing does not exist)
2. It gives me better seal than the Ortofon. Seal is crucial for these iems especially for the bass impact
3. Soft and comfortable

Jul 31, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #1,292 of 4,426
Just got these this morning..didnt really have time to AB
Quick notes
1. JVC size large is like Ortofon XL (such thing does not exist)
2. It gives me better seal than the Ortofon. Seal is crucial for these iems especially for the bass impact
3. Soft and comfortable

Hmm, maybe I'll pick this up next time in HK.  Are they commonly available in those computer mall/headfi shops in Mongkok?

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #1,294 of 4,426
Jul 31, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #1,295 of 4,426
  Great.  I can now save some money as I'm not in Yodabashi LOL

LoL

My colleague is now using these JVC tips on his Fitear F111 (which I sold to him) and he also confirms that these provide better seal than the Ortofon Large tips...

Jul 31, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #1,296 of 4,426
Hmm, maybe I'll pick this up next time in HK.  Are they commonly available in those computer mall/headfi shops in Mongkok?

I posted link to ebay guy selling all sizes in thread.

Aug 1, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #1,299 of 4,426
Interesting day. Finally spent some time with the Ref1 today and it didn't go as I hoped. I spent most of the late morning and early afternoon listening, comparing it to my beloved G2. Tried different cables, balanced, se, etc. Sounded good, very good, but I kept feeling the pull from my G2. Went to work, brought my Ref1,still not giving up. Listened for a bit, and at one point was listening to Eminem and just so disappointed. I wished I had my G2. I decided that's it, I'm selling the Ref1, it's just not for me. I need more bass.
I'm home, a little sad, figured I'd start searching for my next iem... thinking Roxannes again, love that bass. Laying in bed, trying to love the Ref1...to not avail. One last try, I grab some different tips. Mind you I tried a bunch the other day. Found a smaller double flange set from my Heir Audio case and BAM!!!! LET THERE BE BASS!!! Finally, I found the bass that everyone has been talking about. It does exist and everybody wasn't lying, my ears weren't broken, my Ref1 is fine... I just had bad tips in...I am now happy... This is what I expected and hoped for. This is what I wanted. Truly amazing. I can finally say that the bass of the Ref1 is as good as my beloved G2. It might even be a bit better. As far as the rest of it, hands down better. However, being a bass head, that wasn't enough... But now... Now I'm happy. Sorry for my long ramble... I'm just so happy.

Aug 1, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #1,300 of 4,426
Aug 1, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #1,301 of 4,426
Interesting day. Finally spent some time with the Ref1 today and it didn't go as I hoped. I spent most of the late morning and early afternoon listening, comparing it to my beloved G2. Tried different cables, balanced, se, etc. Sounded good, very good, but I kept feeling the pull from my G2. Went to work, brought my Ref1,still not giving up. Listened for a bit, and at one point was listening to Eminem and just so disappointed. I wished I had my G2. I decided that's it, I'm selling the Ref1, it's just not for me. I need more bass.
I'm home, a little sad, figured I'd start searching for my next iem... thinking Roxannes again, love that bass. Laying in bed, trying to love the Ref1...to not avail. One last try, I grab some different tips. Mind you I tried a bunch the other day. Found a smaller double flange set from my Heir Audio case and BAM!!!! LET THERE BE BASS!!! Finally, I found the bass that everyone has been talking about. It does exist and everybody wasn't lying, my ears weren't broken, my Ref1 is fine... I just had bad tips in...I am now happy... This is what I expected and hoped for. This is what I wanted. Truly amazing. I can finally say that the bass of the Ref1 is as good as my beloved G2. It might even be a bit better. As far as the rest of it, hands down better. However, being a bass head, that wasn't enough... But now... Now I'm happy. Sorry for my long ramble... I'm just so happy.

Well good to know atleast I can stock up on some various tips just to be ready....glad your happy again! im sure the stock tips will be fine...

Aug 1, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #1,305 of 4,426

Same for me. I actually ended up using a double flange tip for my right ear, and single flange for left - with 1plus2 and Ref 1 this is the only way I get the perfect seal on both sides (but it's so worth it as they are amazing).

You have a very unique mix of tips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back