Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Jun 21, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #829 of 4,426
imo, 1p2 was too bright for my liking.
The bass is nothing like the Ref.1.

From my conversation with Gavin, its not really about how tight or how low the bass can go (my MH335DW can do 20hz easily too).
But more about the quality that makes bass on Ref.1 sound more natural to my ears.
The bass on my 335 sound a bit dry after coming back from the Ref.1

Tight is right and doesn't mean overdamped to me. Isobaric can do weight with delineation (tight) like nothing else when goals are reached.
smile.gif

Jun 21, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #831 of 4,426
1plus2 Dr dre Edt = ref1? LOLL

i havent  had the luck to hear any of the tralucent iem but does seem like everyone wants MOAR Bass... 

Quality over quantity i hope is what yall is referring to...

Jun 22, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #834 of 4,426
I was following that thought maybe most of the folks picked up your comment about the Rox soundstage & overlooked it was a comparison to the Ref 1. And I think most of the folks there haven't tried the Ref 1.

At this early stage there aren't that many Ref.1 in the owner hands yet.

Jun 22, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #835 of 4,426
I can only imagine.. Damn.. If its better than the 1plus2 with uber.. It can only sound pretty amazing

"Better" if you want more bass... And a fuller sound. Personally the 1p2 tuning is more to my taste and has the best bass quality+quantity for me and has the airy treble presence. But I guess most folks would like more bass.

Jun 22, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #836 of 4,426
I can't even imagine how good these will sound. I've had isobaric setups before, car audio and they always sounded amazing to me. I'm DYING!!! can't wait to experience these.

Have you ordered one yet?

Jun 22, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #837 of 4,426

This!

That's why I'm holding on to my 1Plus2's until I get to hear the Ref 1's side by side with them. Everything I've read about the Ref 1's suggest they should suit me even more than the 1Plus2's but the 1Plus2's are easily the best IEM I've ever heard.

Ref.1 provides another dimension to 1Plus2.  

Jun 22, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #838 of 4,426
"Better" if you want more bass... And a fuller sound. Personally the 1p2 tuning is more to my taste and has the best bass quality+quantity for me and has the airy treble presence. But I guess most folks would like more bass.

This is what im feeling too.. To me, 1plus2 is perfect for the music im listening to. Again, the sd3 has tons more bass than the 1plus2 but losses out in quality. The 1plus2, imo, is coherent throughout.. And the uber adds body and that touch of warmth and making the whole sonics sooo musical. Its magic to my ears

Jun 22, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #840 of 4,426
This is what im feeling too.. To me, 1plus2 is perfect for the music im listening to. Again, the sd3 has tons more bass than the 1plus2 but losses out in quality. The 1plus2, imo, is coherent throughout.. And the uber adds body and that touch of warmth and making the whole sonics sooo musical. Its magic to my ears

If you can, try the AK240 with balanced Uber Ref.1 and hi-res files.
It's a pretty endgame setup that has a very refined overall presentation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back