Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Feb 14, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #4,366 of 4,426
Just traded my JH Angie for Ref 1, could anyone recommend me what music tracks to listen to on it when they arrive, something that reveals true magic on these IEMs? Will run them on Chord Mojo. 

I'll send you a couple of tracks, message me once they arrive.

I'm considering what to do with my Ref.1 atm, after testing further my 1Plus2.2 / DX200 is putting up some stiff competition compared to Ref.1 with the Tralucent DacAmp, particularly refinement and resolution. If I do sell them to some lucky person blessed to carry on something I've physically owned and touched I'll consider contacting Uncle Gavin for Ref.1 Too. The dream as we know it will live on.

Anyway, send me a message when you're ready.

Feb 17, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #4,368 of 4,426
  Just got my Ref 1. Much, much different than JH Angie, it is night and day difference. I ll let it brain burn in for couple of days before any judgement. 

interested to read the comparisons

Feb 18, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #4,369 of 4,426
  Just got my Ref 1. Much, much different than JH Angie, it is night and day difference. I ll let it brain burn in for couple of days before any judgement. 

Are you missing Angie much? 
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #4,370 of 4,426

Are you missing Angie much? 
biggrin.gif

Im still experiencing new toy syndrome. But Angie is very good performer, most versatile IEM for pretty much everything except EDM. Vocals and guitars are better on Angie than on Ref, but Ref is a lot of fun. Little problem is, that I expected more bass, but the quality is great. I ll write short comparison in a few days, when I fully get to know Ref. 

Feb 18, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #4,371 of 4,426

Im still experiencing new toy syndrome. But Angie is very good performer, most versatile IEM for pretty much everything except EDM. Vocals and guitars are better on Angie than on Ref, but Ref is a lot of fun. Little problem is, that I expected more bass, but the quality is great. I ll write short comparison in a few days, when I fully get to know Ref. 

We look forward to it!

Feb 18, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #4,372 of 4,426
Make sure you have a good seal. There should be plenty of bass. They are one if my bassist iems, and I'm a hard core basshead.

On to positive news... I am purchasing a pair of Ref 1 OG... I'll be able to compare to the Ref 1 Too finally. Pretty excited about that!!

Feb 19, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #4,375 of 4,426
I sold my Ref.1 last night.

With the money I was able to buy this kickass all in one 24" led screen computer and still have heaps left over...

It really wakes you up when considering how much we spend here.

Feb 19, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #4,377 of 4,426
Funny, I bought a Ref 1 last night, and I had to sell several computer screens in my office to pay for it. Definitely puts it in perspective!! :wink:

That's funny mate. :D

I didn't want to waste the money or buy more audio related stuff so grabbed the computer straight away.

Its worked out well for each party.

I will however keep my eye out for a Ref.1 Too, just no major rush on this. I'm kicking back for a while.

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #4,380 of 4,426
Yes, definitely a win win. I am looking forward to testing the Ref 1 vs the Ref 1 Too. I know I receive a number of pm's asking this very question...

then warrior will sell me his extra ref1 for 400 usd so it will be a triple win for me

as our old buddy george bush said

Fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. Fool me... You can't get fooled again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back