Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Feb 21, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #4,396 of 4,426
Chord Mojo.

Probably the largest amount of bass extension I heard from Ref.1 was with Mojo, I'm suprised you commented about the lack of.

The most open out of head / bassically full size headphone experience I had with Ref.1 was using Gavin's own DacAmp One, amazingly airy, wide.

I have even second guessed if selling was the right thing since, my triplet setup are one down, but it's done. I will venture onwards for Ref.1 Too, to keep the audio game alive and add some inspiration to keep going.

Feb 21, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #4,397 of 4,426
Probably the largest amount of bass extension I heard from Ref.1 was with Mojo, I'm suprised you commented about the lack of.

The most open out of head / bassically full size headphone experience I had with Ref.1 was using Gavin's own DacAmp One, amazingly airy, wide.

I have even second guessed if selling was the right thing since, my triplet setup are one down, but it's done. I will venture onwards for Ref.1 Too, to keep the audio game alive and add some inspiration to keep going.

Im a bit concerned because timetochill, who used to own my pair of Refs, also commented about lack of bass. Something might be fault with this particular pair, or we didn't get right fit. Maybe we just expected more bass because all of the writing, I don't know really. 

I hope you'll buy the Too, to stay in the family. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 21, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #4,398 of 4,426

Im a bit concerned because timetochill, who used to own my pair of Refs, also commented about lack of bass. Something might be fault with this particular pair, or we didn't get right fit. Maybe we just expected more bass because all of the writing, I don't know really. 

I hope you'll buy the Too, to stay in the family. 
smily_headphones1.gif

From what I've listened to so far only the Vega and Asg2.5 that have more bass than the Ref1too. There's very few TOTLs which offer more bass than the ref1too

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #4,399 of 4,426
From what I've listened to so far only the Vega and Asg2.5 that have more bass than the Ref1too. There's very few TOTLs which offer more bass than the ref1too

Agreed almost. I think ref 1 has more bass than Vegas (equed of course). I'd add the Sony EX800st to that list when taped. You can check my list in the basshead iem thread, should go a ways for my "street cred". Lol

Feb 22, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #4,400 of 4,426
@warrior1975 , Damn I saw you are going to buy the Beat audio Virginia. You try to build the ultimate ref1too right ?

Feb 22, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #4,401 of 4,426

I hope you'll buy the Too, to stay in the family. :)

That's what made me think, there was a previous owner who reported the same. The bass should almost whack you in the chest with extension using that Jonasz track I sent you, especially with Mojo.

I will miss the bass, ze quality especially...

Feb 22, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #4,403 of 4,426
That's what made me think, there was a previous owner who reported the same. The bass should almost whack you in the chest with extension using that Jonasz track I sent you, especially with Mojo.

I will miss the bass, ze quality especially...

It doesn't have that much bass. I just compared it directly with XB90EX and Sonys have almost double the bass of the Ref. 

Mar 2, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #4,406 of 4,426
Received my Ref 1 OG today. Pretty noticeable difference between the 2, as in I immediately can tell. Seems like the Too is more sensitive than the OG, that's first. Bass wise, the Too definitely has more. I'm fairly shocked at the difference between the two.

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #4,407 of 4,426
Received my Ref 1 OG today. Pretty noticeable difference between the 2, as in I immediately can tell. Seems like the Too is more sensitive than the OG, that's first. Bass wise, the Too definitely has more. I'm fairly shocked at the difference between the two.

do u hear a difference in highs as there some peaks in the highs of ref1 og

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #4,408 of 4,426
I didn't compare in depth, just took a quick listen. I'm still at work getting everyone ready for my vacation. I probably won't have time tonight to compare them, but tomorrow, in some of the many hours I'll be in an airplane, I will.

Apr 2, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #4,410 of 4,426
Hi, anyone tried the ref 1 without the gold/silver cable? Someone is selling the iem alone and I'm wondering if i should get it. Thinking of using it with a twag 3 litz if i buy it. Any thoughts anyone? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back