Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
May 11, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #346 of 4,426
I am in Tokyo at the moment, and will give it more thought when I return home, and also catch up with my PMs.....
biggrin.gif

Please consider it, cos im loving the 1plus2 with silver/gold now. But im contemplating either getting the Ref 1 + Uber or AK240. But I can afford only one lol. 

May 11, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #347 of 4,426
Please consider it, cos im loving the 1plus2 with silver/gold now. But im contemplating either getting the Ref 1 + Uber or AK240. But I can afford only one lol. 

Not drawing sales away:frowning2:

Go for the AK240 first. Fantastic player. I am gonna buy one myself.
I was not too enamoured by it initially but listening now to burned in units of friend's, the ak240 is really special as a standalone unit.

We are at a juncture where in-ears can really reveal the players apart sonically and in doing so enhances the experience of portable audio.

May 11, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #348 of 4,426

I was not too enamoured by it initially but listening now to burned in units of friend's, the ak240 is really special as a standalone unit.

We are at a juncture where in-ears can really reveal the players apart sonically and in doing so enhances the experience of portable audio.

WOW..really? thats gracious of you to let us all know. Will consider the AK240 even more..Thanks Gavin

May 11, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #349 of 4,426

What source that you are using?

May 11, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #351 of 4,426
  Using the iHifi960 (modded) + Portatube plus now as my portable setup. I also have a modded colorfly C4 pro on the way

Cannot comment how your combo compares to the AK240.

I'm very happy to have bought the AK240 and it is a definite a step ahead of the Tera Player that I was using though.

May 11, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #352 of 4,426

Wow...That's incredibly honest advice. I don't think you'd hear that very often from a company... makes me feel a bit more comfortable with your line.

May 11, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #353 of 4,426
  Cannot comment how your combo compares to the AK240.

I'm very happy to have bought the AK240 and it is a definite a step ahead of the Tera Player that I was using though.

Any opinion how does the A240 compare to the Hugo with the Ref 1?

May 11, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #354 of 4,426
Has anyone had an opportunity to hear the Ref One driven by the new DAC/Amp??

May 11, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #355 of 4,426
  Any opinion how does the A240 compare to the Hugo with the Ref 1?

My POV is that AK240 is a DAP whereas Hugo is a DAC/Amp and not sure how one could compare with the other.  AK240 can play music whereas Hugo cannot be a stand alone music player.

Hugo should compare to other DAC/Amp performance while feeding by the same source, rather, IMHO.

May 11, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #356 of 4,426
My POV is that AK240 is a DAP whereas Hugo is a DAC/Amp and not sure how one could compare with the other.  AK240 can play music whereas Hugo cannot be a stand alone music player.

Hugo should compare to other DAC/Amp performance while feeding by the same source, rather, IMHO.

I was referring to the Tralucent DAC/Amp, not the Hugo, using the USB input from computer to the Tralucent.

May 11, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #357 of 4,426

Try to go audition AK240 for yourself in local stores if possible to find out how it compares with your current iHifi960 (modded) + Portatube plus rig. Bring the 1plus2 along to test. If you don't like it, then you can just order the Ref. 1 with the money. My 1plus2 pairs very well with my AK240 and is definitely a huge step up from my AK120. Before I bought my AK240, I was still contemplating of going down the Red Wine Audio RWAK120-B path and getting a good amp to stack. But now I think I had made a better choice getting the AK240 and did not regret the extravagant spending. It sounds wonderful (with 1plus2) and makes my day-to-day listening at work and commuting so much more convenient and simpler. I actually find it rather redundant to even amp my AK240 as long as I am just listening to it with IEMs. I can't wait to try balanced out with Ref. 1 and see the sonic improvement for myself.

May 12, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #359 of 4,426

they both play music, i guess
biggrin.gif

In Hong Kong, we do not need to go into the silly debate of one is better than the other whereas we can audition ourselves. Enjoy the music.
beerchug.gif

May 12, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #360 of 4,426

*1 point deducted for not having the AK240
frown.gif

*1 point deducted for not having the uber cable
frown.gif

biggrin.gif
I wonder how the other half lives sometimes.... LoL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back