Brand New Beyer DT770 or DT150 for $75
Oct 22, 2002 at 9:16 PM Post #31 of 67
Yes. This had me a little infuriated. Especially since I was contemplating raising my bid to 80.01, but then I figured there probably won't be someone with such low moral conciousness out there.

Oh well. It's not like I really could have afforded them anyways. Although, I WAS bidding on 2, so I could possibly recoup some of the cost I spent on the one I'd keep.

Oct 22, 2002 at 9:51 PM Post #32 of 67
There are more of these available directly from the company.
Try e-mailing them if you really want them.
But now that the auction has closed the seller may charge a higher price for the phones through a direct sale.

Oct 23, 2002 at 12:07 AM Post #34 of 67
This is crap!!!!!!!!! I bid at exactly $80 and I was the 3rd bidder.
Hopefully I can still buy direct from him. If I can't, I will be one reallllllllllllllllly pissed of little asian dude.

Oct 23, 2002 at 10:42 PM Post #37 of 67
A cut and paste of my email:
Quote:

Quote:

Hi Carter, I would like to purchase a set of the DT770 headphones. Are they still available? How many can I purchase? Please let me know.

Hi,

I'm sorry, I sold all of them.

Carter Ruehrdanz
CORPLEX
203 Northfield Road
Northfield, IL 60093-3311
847 784-9700 ext. 106
847 784-9701 Fax
847 980-8678 Cellular
carter@corplex.tv
www.corplex.tv

Oct 24, 2002 at 12:49 AM Post #42 of 67
BTW If any of you guys do not like your Beyers, you know who to pm!!!

Oct 25, 2002 at 5:51 PM Post #45 of 67
Well for future reference, Corplex is a legit company with which to deal, if there were still any question about them.

My dealing went as follows:

10/18 - I arrived home at 6:30pm(EST) and read akar's post (thanks again, man!). I immediately called the office number and left a voicemail for Carter. Decided to try the cell #, and Carter answered. He gave me all the details to place the order and a reference to the eBay auction too. I made my payment directly thru PayPal shortly thereafter, and sent my own follow-up email to Carter also.

10/21 - A little worried I had made an impulsive purchase without verification of the vendor, I called Corplex at 11:30am(EST) and was told that Carter would in be later. I was referred to his voicemail, where I left a message requesting verification of my order receipt and payment, and possibly some shipping info. Carter called me back about an hour later. He verified my order and said that my phones had shipped that morning.

10/22-10/23 - Nail biting, finger tapping...

10/24 - I arrived home after work to find a UPS delivery notice taped to my front door. Drat! I thought it was coming USPS, who can deliver inside my door. Called UPS and arranged to pick up tomorrow at the UPS depot near my office.

10/25 - Just picked my Beyers up at UPS on my lunch hour. They come loosely packed within some bubble-wrap in a small box, but in perfect, new condition. The plastic is wrapped around the cord, as in the auction picture. They are the 250ohm version, as described also.

Planning on an extensive burn-in this weekend. So, for those of you still waiting for yours, they are certainly on their way.

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back