Brand New Beyer DT770 or DT150 for $75
Oct 31, 2002 at 12:56 AM Post #61 of 67
Hmm. Sounds like these are refurbs. May still be a good deal, though.

Please post impressions.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2002 at 1:20 AM Post #62 of 67
Quote:

Originally posted by Squalish
Everyone that got these: Check the headband, when I unbuttoned mine, it was VERY rusty inside, got orange gunk all over my hands. *Still wondering if these were ever in use*

Hellllo! That's really interesting! Mine are exactly the same way. I bought them used nearly a year ago from Possum and apparently the rust was there when he got them. I wonder if these are actually from the same batch?

If it makes you feel any better, I've been using mine like that for nearly a year now and haven't had any problems with them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 1, 2002 at 2:58 AM Post #63 of 67
just received mine. they have rust as well. i haven't had time to wipe it off yet.
sounds great though (even though i haven't received my amp yet)

Nov 1, 2002 at 3:39 AM Post #64 of 67
It's odd that out of the 30 or so pairs of DT770s that Corplex had, some were in perfect, new condition, and some seem to have been stored in a damp environment.

For those of you with rust on your phones, do the earpads look like they have any wear on them?

Nov 1, 2002 at 3:46 AM Post #65 of 67
i suppose i should correct myself. i first just checked and saw bits of rust on the edges so i assumed the entire headband was like that. but then i opened it up and it's only just a bit around the edges. other than that it's perfectly fine. no i don't see any wear/tear on the earpads. though i must say, they are mighty comfy

Nov 1, 2002 at 4:30 AM Post #66 of 67
I saw no wear and tear on the earpads, everything looked perfect at first. Then my dad noticed what appeared to be little scratches(which I found were sediment by rubbing them off) on the plastic band connector. Then I opened the headband, which looked pristine, and found rust covering about 30% of the metal surfaces of the headband, and all over the leather(but only on the inside). It still looks(but not feels) rough after 30 minutes of steel wool(probably the best way to get this off), so I would advise you do that. The headband I do not know how to clean, so I'm just leaving it alone while they finish burning in.

Nov 9, 2002 at 3:15 PM Post #67 of 67
I finally opened my DT770s today, the ones I won on ebay. I looked at the headband and there was some rust on it. The rest of the phone is in excellent shape. It's burning in now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back