Brainwavz Reveals their M4 with some pictures and information!
Nov 14, 2011 at 4:50 AM Post #77 of 92
subscribed---i need more mids than my cc51s are currently offering!

Nov 14, 2011 at 8:34 AM Post #79 of 92

Quote:
subscribed---i need more mids than my cc51s are currently offering!

Quote:
How this(M4) are compared to MEE CC51. I think these two are having similar sound signature V shape. Is it better than CC51?

You'll get more mids than the CC51, a lot more mids.  It's a pretty substantial improvement for me, from the mids to the highs.  The bass is a wash, it's not as tight as the CC51s, but doesn't seem like they intrude like they can at times (due to the CC51's recessed mids).

Review to be posted this week. 

Nov 14, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #81 of 92

Quote:

You'll get more mids than the CC51, a lot more mids.  It's a pretty substantial improvement for me, from the mids to the highs.  The bass is a wash, it's not as tight as the CC51s, but doesn't seem like they intrude like they can at times (due to the CC51's recessed mids).

Review to be posted this week. 

oo i can't wait, are these phone's fast tho? ...because i listen to a lot of metal

Nov 15, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #83 of 92

Quote:
oo i can't wait, are these phone's fast tho? ...because i listen to a lot of metal

I will do a speed comparison between the CC51 and M4s when I get home tonight (about 12 hours from now). 

Nov 15, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #84 of 92
OK, a quick comparison between the M4s and CC51s:

Bass:
  1. The M4s bass is about the same speed as the CC51s in some of my comparisons while listening to some songs from A Day to Remember (not exactly metal, but relevant for speed).  The CC51s have a slightly larger body than the M4s, which can create a veiled effect on the mids.  The M4s make up for the slightly lacking body with slightly better texture and impact/punch.  This is only a slight improvement, actual quantity seems unchanged since the CC51 gets it's presence from the bass body.
Mids:
  1. Although the higher mids are clear, they are a little more clear on the M4s; they are still recessed on both.  Detailing is just about ample on both of them, again, M4s slightly above CC51s.  The M4s do sound like their mids are less recessed though, but after ABing them again, they don't seem like they are as forward as I thought they were compared to the CC51s.  There are more details though, so that does help.
Highs:
  1. This is where the M4s take charge.  The M4s get their brightness from the treble and have much better treble presence compared to the CC51 (I thought the highs lacked presence on the CC51).  The extension and detailing is improved overall in comparison to the CC51 making the M4s slightly brighter.

Now, I would like to point out I had to AB them to actually get the differences precisely.  The signatures are extremely similar, but the M4s seem to improve on just about everything the CC51s fall on, so they do seem like a worthy upgrade.  With the mids and lows, you will only hear the differences if you AB them, otherwise, they are quite similar.  The highs are what struck me right away when I ABed them again. 

Hope this helps.  If you do have any questions on construction or anything, please read through the review Raz posted.  It has all my opinions bound up nicely (partly cause I wrote it :p).

Nov 16, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #85 of 92

Quote:
OK, a quick comparison between the M4s and CC51s:

Bass:
  1. The M4s bass is about the same speed as the CC51s in some of my comparisons while listening to some songs from A Day to Remember (not exactly metal, but relevant for speed).  The CC51s have a slightly larger body than the M4s, which can create a veiled effect on the mids.  The M4s make up for the slightly lacking body with slightly better texture and impact/punch.  This is only a slight improvement, actual quantity seems unchanged since the CC51 gets it's presence from the bass body.
Mids:
  1. Although the higher mids are clear, they are a little more clear on the M4s; they are still recessed on both.  Detailing is just about ample on both of them, again, M4s slightly above CC51s.  The M4s do sound like their mids are less recessed though, but after ABing them again, they don't seem like they are as forward as I thought they were compared to the CC51s.  There are more details though, so that does help.
Highs:
  1. This is where the M4s take charge.  The M4s get their brightness from the treble and have much better treble presence compared to the CC51 (I thought the highs lacked presence on the CC51).  The extension and detailing is improved overall in comparison to the CC51 making the M4s slightly brighter.

Now, I would like to point out I had to AB them to actually get the differences precisely.  The signatures are extremely similar, but the M4s seem to improve on just about everything the CC51s fall on, so they do seem like a worthy upgrade.  With the mids and lows, you will only hear the differences if you AB them, otherwise, they are quite similar.  The highs are what struck me right away when I ABed them again. 

Hope this helps.  If you do have any questions on construction or anything, please read through the review Raz posted.  It has all my opinions bound up nicely (partly cause I wrote it :p).

hmm that's interesting, i didn't expect them to be so similar! definitely considering them once they are on amazon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back