Brainwavz R1 Review
Mar 10, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #722 of 794
The only tips I've had success with really staying in my ears are the comply ones. Kind of a pricey option for a relatively cheap IEM, though. I'm not sure what it is about the design, but they do creep out of the ears at an annoying rate.

Mar 29, 2013 at 7:16 AM Post #725 of 794
Could someone please most a picture of the updated model?  I am trying to  see if it looks as comfortable. Thanks :D 

Edit just to be more specific  A picture of the  new memory wire is what I would like to  see. I cant find any.

Mar 30, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #726 of 794
Ordered 2 pairs of r1 last few days ago, mistakenly orderd the non mic version so i ordered another 1 with mic. Got really good price with 20$ discount voucher . I didn't really put too much  hope for r1 to blow up my mind since i've been using ath ck100 as my main iem but i'm pretty confident this will be very good iem for its price.

Apr 5, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #727 of 794
From the deals thread (I just picked one up):

Quote:
Brainwavz R1 for $25 http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009UO26B8

Quote:
Here's the non-mobile link http://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-Dynamic-Speaker-Earphones-Smartphones/dp/B009UO26B8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1365110047&sr=8-2&keywords=brainwavz+r1

Pretty good deal, I have these and I like them a lot

Apr 7, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #728 of 794
Got myself a better replacement, Vsonic GR04 Pro flagship and their are about the same price but clarity on these is outstanding, almost GR07 quality for the price of an M3 or an R1. Multiple drivers are nothing special sometimes. If you compare some multidriver IEM to a Hifiman RE 262 most of them bite the dust even the B2 sounds almost claustrophobic compared to them. Euphonic as they can be those are GR04 pro big brothers an leave pricier canalphones full of sonic shame.

Apr 8, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #729 of 794
Quote:
Got myself a better replacement, Vsonic GR04 Pro flagship and their are about the same price but clarity on these is outstanding, almost GR07 quality for the price of an M3 or an R1. Multiple drivers are nothing special sometimes. If you compare some multidriver IEM to a Hifiman RE 262 most of them bite the dust even the B2 sounds almost claustrophobic compared to them. Euphonic as they can be those are GR04 pro big brothers an leave pricier canalphones full of sonic shame.

I've had my eye on the Vsonic GRXX line for a while but am holding off for a bargain I can't pass up, and the best price I'm aware of for this one is $53 shipped from Lend Me UR Ears (http://www.lendmeurears.com/product_info.php?currency=USD&cPath=15&products_id=43). While I've no doubt they're worth it, this is a bit beyond my impulse-buy threshold.

You mentioned you could find these for about the same price as an M3 or an R1 - since I just picked an R1 up for $25, I'm guessing your estimate leans more toward the M3 end of the scale. That said, any suggestions on where I can get one on the cheap?

Apr 8, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #730 of 794
Quote:
I've had my eye on the Vsonic GRXX line for a while but am holding off for a bargain I can't pass up, and the best price I'm aware of for this one is $53 shipped from Lend Me UR Ears (http://www.lendmeurears.com/product_info.php?currency=USD&cPath=15&products_id=43). While I've no doubt they're worth it, this is a bit beyond my impulse-buy threshold.

You mentioned you could find these for about the same price as an M3 or an R1 - since I just picked an R1 up for $25, I'm guessing your estimate leans more toward the M3 end of the scale. That said, any suggestions on where I can get one on the cheap?

If you decide to get one Lendmeurears is the place to get a pair while you still can. As far as the R1 price comparison I guess it was made in relation to the R1's full price ($45) and not the occasional discount prices at around $25-30. The Gr04 is already very cheap at 50 bucks just because it was discontinued as it's MSRP was initially circa $100-110.

Apr 10, 2013 at 4:38 AM Post #732 of 794
@mattmatt
That's pretty sweet. You should share how easy/hard it was to do that as well as how the recabling changed the sound!

On a side note, my right driver keeps skipping when I move around. Contacted mp4nation, and they're sending me a new pair. Pretty good service. They told me to cut my headphones up and send a picture with my name, order, etc., that's all.

Apr 10, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #733 of 794
Quote:
@mattmatt
That's pretty sweet. You should share how easy/hard it was to do that as well as how the recabling changed the sound!

On a side note, my right driver keeps skipping when I move around. Contacted mp4nation, and they're sending me a new pair. Pretty good service. They told me to cut my headphones up and send a picture with my name, order, etc., that's all.

Not that you would stoop to such depths, but assuming the issue lies with the cable rather than within the housing, they may make a good candidate for a recable like the one above (or at least a risk-free learning experience) if you're strategic about how you cut them up.
evil_smiley.gif

mattmatt, I'm also curious about your mod - I just received my pair this morning, and I'm simultaneously loving the extension/authority of the low-end while wondering how much commuting the stock cable will survive.

Apr 12, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #734 of 794
Looks like you have improved reliability but I would like to know if you affected SQ with the mod. In any case can you describe how you recabled it and how did it cost you?

Apr 12, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #735 of 794
The original cable is very weak and because the incomprehensible stiffness of the housing strain reliefs the poor cable cannot hold its quality long enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Back