Brainwavz R1 Review
Oct 19, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #166 of 794
Quote:
I too jumped on the hype and purchased the R1's with FEDEX shipping from MP4 Nation. It was finally shipped out this morning.

I currently use the soundmagic e30's and I'm satsified with it. I like it's balanced signature and the ability to put out a natural sound with a touch of warmness.

I'm looking for something like the e30 with more bass impact and a wider sound stage. From what I've read, I believe the R1's are just that. Let's just hope that I'm correct on this.. I really want this to be an upgrade to the e30's not a downgrade.

Wow we are on the same road. I'm also looking for some IEM that will replace my E30. I'm using it as my daily driver. I want it to have more bass. The sound stage is already good enough.

Have you tried to use Fiio E11 with the E30? How it sounds? I haven't tested any amp yet.
smile.gif

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #167 of 794
You guys really don't think the e30's have enough bass?  Wow...I love my e30s, but more bass isn't what I'm looking for.  It's a bit wider soundstage and just a little more clarity at the top end.  

Oct 19, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #168 of 794
Quote:
Wow we are on the same road. I'm also looking for some IEM that will replace my E30. I'm using it as my daily driver. I want it to have more bass. The sound stage is already good enough.

Have you tried to use Fiio E11 with the E30? How it sounds? I haven't tested any amp yet.
smile.gif

Fiio E11 with Bass set to +1 paired with E30 sounds really good. I've had it paired to an iPhone 4 with an LOD cable and it sounded noticeably fuller, clearer, enveloping than the headphone jack. The amp makes you "fall in" the music more. I would say it's like 20% increase in sound quality compared to headphone jack.

I really love the E30's sound signature. Something about it's tonal quality is very natural, and laid back. This is the kind of signature I like, but with more bass impact since I listen to mostly electronic music. I think the E30 has a wide soundstage but the depth isn't so great. If the R1 soundstage is as good as E30 in width, but improve on depth, it would be ideal. Personally, I want the width to be even wider... I've heard the IE8 before and it's crazy wide.

Well, that's if the R1 has a simliar signature to E30. Who knows, maybe it could be a lot different. I also have the Brainwavz M1, and I don't like it as much as the E30, even though they are both rated 7.0 in joker's multi iem thread.. I think E30 is a class above than the M1. Personal preferences I guess.. I'm hoping the R1 doesn't sound like the M1.

Oct 19, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #169 of 794
You are an impatient lot aren't you.

Dispatch date was the 16th at the earliest. A day or two to do the admin on the orders, I don't see what the problem is.

Nothing to see here.

Looking forward to trying mine when they arrive Will compare to my GR06 and post some thoughts.

Oct 19, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #170 of 794
There seems to be a lot of people eagerly awaiting the R1, good news is that all R1 orders have shipped out, some orders still need updating with tracking but that should be completed later today. The first Fedex shipments left yesterday, with the bulk having left today, most people with Fedex should get their R1 sometime between today and Tuesday.

Apart from enjoying the earphones i hope people also like the new carrying case we made.

Oct 19, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #171 of 794
Quote:
There seems to be a lot of people eagerly awaiting the R1, good news is that all R1 orders have shipped out, some orders still need updating with tracking but that should be completed later today. The first Fedex shipments left yesterday, with the bulk having left today, most people with Fedex should get their R1 sometime between today and Tuesday.

Apart from enjoying the earphones i hope people also like the new carrying case we made.

Never mind the carry case, just excited to try your dual-dynamic IEM, I was blown away by the B2, and again, blown away by the new M5, hopefully the R1 will have the same effect...

gs1000.gif

Oct 19, 2012 at 5:00 AM Post #174 of 794
Quote:

smile.gif

Fiio E11 with Bass set to +1 paired with E30 sounds really good. I've had it paired to an iPhone 4 with an LOD cable and it sounded noticeably fuller, clearer, enveloping than the headphone jack. The amp makes you "fall in" the music more. I would say it's like 20% increase in sound quality compared to headphone jack.

I really love the E30's sound signature. Something about it's tonal quality is very natural, and laid back. This is the kind of signature I like, but with more bass impact since I listen to mostly electronic music. I think the E30 has a wide soundstage but the depth isn't so great. If the R1 soundstage is as good as E30 in width, but improve on depth, it would be ideal. Personally, I want the width to be even wider... I've heard the IE8 before and it's crazy wide.

Well, that's if the R1 has a simliar signature to E30. Who knows, maybe it could be a lot different. I also have the Brainwavz M1, and I don't like it as much as the E30, even though they are both rated 7.0 in joker's multi iem thread.. I think E30 is a class above than the M1. Personal preferences I guess.. I'm hoping the R1 doesn't sound like the M1.

Well, at least I can tell you that the R1's don't sound anything like the M1's... but I don't own any soundmagic IEM'S so I can't comment there.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Oct 19, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #176 of 794
Quote:

With Fedex 1 - 2 days, airmail 10 - 20 days - both sets of figures do not include custom clearance delays.

Does all Tuesday transaction with FedEx option are shipped already? My friend ordered two pairs together with mine to be shipped here in the Philippines.  I just want to know if those R1 are heading here already.

Thanks

Oct 19, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #177 of 794
dragon2knight

Thanks for the review.

What can you tell about R1`s cable, compared with M1 and M2? Is it strong enough for travel and sport?

Travel is exactly what I have been doing with the R1's, and I am not treating them lightly. So far so good, they have held up really well, with no sign of damage.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Oct 19, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #178 of 794
Quote:
Does all Tuesday transaction with FedEx option are shipped already? My friend ordered two pairs together with mine to be shipped here in the Philippines.  I just want to know if those R1 are heading here already.

Thanks

Well all the R1 orders have shipped, so i would think so. If you need anything order specific info then open a support ticket http://www.mp4nation.net/contact

Users who are viewing this thread

Back