Brainwavz M3
Oct 15, 2010 at 9:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 72

dziendobry

500+ Head-Fier
I got this email today regarding the M3 
I am waiting to get the M1 from the previous pre-order. I will be looking forward to getting and hearing these as well as hearing everyone elses impressions.

"Today i am proud to introduce our Brainwavz M3, the fifth Brainwavz model to be released. The M3 is able to accurately replicate sound, provide clear and crisp vocals with a bass that is refreshing, making the overall audio quality sound delicious to your delicate ears.​

The design of the M3 is quite different, to be honest there maybe some who will not enjoy how the M3 fit in their ears and for some it may take getting used to, i was in the latter of the two categories. However those who like to wear their earphones in an over the ear fashion will enjoy how the design of the buds quite a lot, but they also sit well and comfortably in a non over the ear fashion. The M3 come with the same high quality silver cabling as the M1 and M2.​
The Brainwavz M3 is not a cheap pair of earphones, its pricing makes it currently our most expensive model, but still cheaper than its China brethren, which retails in China for over USD$100. It took us quite awhile to get this model into production, mainly due to the factories reluctance to float the M3 much price lower than what they sell it in the China market. We think the M3 could certainly retail for over $100, they can compete with other big name earphones at that price range, but like our other Brainwavz models we want to offer it at a price that you can walk away knowing you got a good deal for the money you paid.
The bottom line is that if you have enjoyed the M1 or M2 (or both), the M3 is another step up in audio quality, you won’t be disappointed with what you hear.
The Brainwavz M3 will come with a 1 year swap for new warranty, should anything go wrong with the unit, you only need to send the earphones and we will send back a brand new unit sealed retail unit to you.
Accessories: S/M/L Silicone tips, S/M/L Foam tips, shirt clip, over the ear gliders and carrying case.
Specifications:
Driver units                        10.7mm (CCAW Drive units)
Rated impedance                 20?+/-10%(Rated impedance)
Sensitivity                          ?115dB (at1000Hz 1mW 20upa)
Frequency                          20-20,000Hz
Distortion                          ?0.5% 94dB (20?pa)
Channel Balance                 ?2dB (at1000Hz)
Maximum Input power         40mW
Plug size                            3.5mm 5? 24Kgilt stereo plug
Cord length                        1.3M Y-cord (Cu/Ag) PUR
Retail price: USD$89.50
Prorder price: USD$79.50
The presale will start shortly and will continue till the M3 stock arrives, we expect the stock to arrive by the week of November 8th.
Check back for our Preorder Sale."​

Oct 15, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #7 of 72
SP1, as I believe, was too made by ViSang as a modification of the original gold colored VS-R04.. But it is not to be mistaken as the R04 Collector edition, which is what will be the M3. I believe the R04 Collector edition is a limited edition to mark the two years release of the original golden VS-R04 by ViSang, and has nothing to do with the R04 Pro by VSONIC. Yes, it is a bit confusing.

Oct 15, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #9 of 72
Just to clarify, the M3/R04 are not the SP1, the SP1 is totally different. The M3 have a better driver, the casing is part metal and plastic (SP1 is all plastic), cabling is different, the specs are very different and the cabling is quite different. Although Visang market the R04 available in China as a collectors item, it is not a limited run item, its just comes with a lot of bells and whistle accessories, i presume to give the buyer a sense they are spending their money on something very special, as RMB$680 is a lot of cash in China, esp for earphones.

Oct 15, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #10 of 72
what do they sound like? what kind of sound signature do they have?

Oct 16, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #12 of 72
waiting for the impression
ksc75smile.gif
from ClieOS

Oct 18, 2010 at 8:40 AM Post #14 of 72
Quote:
SP1, as I believe, was too made by ViSang as a modification of the original gold colored VS-R04.. But it is not to be mistaken as the R04 Collector edition, which is what will be the M3. I believe the R04 Collector edition is a limited edition to mark the two years release of the original golden VS-R04 by ViSang, and has nothing to do with the R04 Pro by VSONIC. Yes, it is a bit confusing.

Thanks for that explanation, ClieOS. Were visang/vsonic part of the same company at some stage with their use of the same housings and names? Failing that are they connected in any other way? I'm sre there are sound financial reasons for sharing housings but sharing names struck me as rather odd.

Oct 18, 2010 at 9:31 AM Post #15 of 72
Quote:
Thanks for that explanation, ClieOS. Were visang/vsonic part of the same company at some stage with their use of the same housings and names? Failing that are they connected in any other way? I'm sre there are sound financial reasons for sharing housings but sharing names struck me as rather odd.

This is all unconfirmed story but for what I know, owner of Visang used to be partner in Vsonic. But a few years ago the partnership broke apart and Visang was found. Lets just say the two companies are less than friendly toward each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back