brainwavz m3 or radius twf21r?
Jan 24, 2011 at 4:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

mywallethurts

Banned member who re-registered.
im currently using hifiman re262. although it sounds excellent, i have this disease called upgraditis and need to upgrade. is the brainwavz m3 gonna do any good or should i just wait for the new radius model? or even move into customs? 

Jan 24, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #2 of 9
Well I have the M3s and the Re262s. The M3s are NOT an upgrade to the RE262 unless you really like punchy bass.

What is it about the RE262 that you want to improve on and what is it that you didn't like about them.

IMO you should go into customs only if you have a chance to audition them as selling off customs is difficult and expensive. (Due to the very low resale value.)

Jan 24, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #3 of 9
Yep, M3 won't be an upgrade over RE262. In fact, RE262 should be quite good that what ever you are going to get around / under $350 is probably not likely to be an upgrade, but more like sidestepping.

Jan 24, 2011 at 7:38 AM Post #4 of 9

Quote:
Well I have the M3s and the Re262s. The M3s are NOT an upgrade to the RE262 unless you really like punchy bass.

What is it about the RE262 that you want to improve on and what is it that you didn't like about them.

IMO you should go into customs only if you have a chance to audition them as selling off customs is difficult and expensive. (Due to the very low resale value.)

nothing really. just need a bit more low end

Quote:
Yep, M3 won't be an upgrade over RE262. In fact, RE262 should be quite good that what ever you are going to get around / under $350 is probably not likely to be an upgrade, but more like sidestepping.

so is it more of a sound preference? have you heard of vsonic gr07? they seem interesting since they have been working on it for 3 yrs+

Jan 24, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:
so is it more of a sound preference? have you heard of vsonic gr07? they seem interesting since they have been working on it for 3 yrs+

I am writing the GR07 review as we speak, hopefully it will be finished before the end of the week. It is an excellent monitor and worthy of being called a top-tier - you will have to wait for my review to read the rest :)

Jan 24, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
Quote:

I am writing the GR07 review as we speak, hopefully it will be finished before the end of the week. It is an excellent monitor and worthy of being called a top-tier - you will have to wait for my review to read the rest :)

Always been on my radar. Are they still gonna be priced at $150?

Jan 24, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:
Always been on my radar. Are they still gonna be priced at $150?

They are currently selling in China for US$150. But given there is almost no international seller yet, I am not sure how the price will go when oversea seller finally gets to it.

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #9 of 9
It is tuned as reference style stage monitor, so you can imagine Westone UM2 / UM3X type of sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back