BRAINWAVZ: M3 B2 or even M4 ?
Sep 20, 2011 at 2:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Emilys

New Head-Fier
Hello,

So i am here in tought decision...I am basshead that also likes minimalistic, singing poetry  and classical music... So i don't know witch one iem to choose 

M3 - i heard it has good bass but how about highs and mids? 

B2 - everything is beautiful but i listen to bass heavy music most of the time and i heard that these ones is in lack of it

M4 - earphones with good bass better than m3 shouldi wait?

And i would use amp FiiO E11 should this help with b2 bass? 

my heart prefer brainwavz B2, but i don;t want to waste money because i need a good bass and for another times highs and mids ... 

Sep 20, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #3 of 12
If you want bass, steer clear of the B2, I can't believe how bass-light they were.  Definitely go with the M3 for a nice and well rounded headphone.

If you can stretch a little bit more, the GR07 is probably what you really want, but it seems you want to go with Brainwavz...and in that case, the M3 is my favorite of the bunch for sure.

Sep 20, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #4 of 12

Quote:
If you want bass, steer clear of the B2, I can't believe how bass-light they were.  Definitely go with the M3 for a nice and well rounded headphone.

If you can stretch a little bit more, the GR07 is probably what you really want, but it seems you want to go with Brainwavz...and in that case, the M3 is my favorite of the bunch for sure.

I have to say something about the B2s here.  Didn't you get a B2 that was missing a filter?  The filter kinda softens up the treble and allows the bass to come out a lot more.  The bass on the B2 is just at neutral (a little above RE0) and flat throughout.  I will still agree that they will not suite the OP though.

+1 on the M3s.

Sep 20, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #5 of 12
I've not tried the others, but the new Beta's by Brainwavz are absolutely stunning for the price. They are very clear and rather detailed with excellent bass extension and punch, which surprisingly doesn't interfere with the mids very much. One thing that's huge about these is the sound imaging, panning and instrument positions are absolutely spot on with these. Everything simply sounds so natural on these, I'm amazed.

I highly recommend them and I've only used them for 2 hours.

Sep 21, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #6 of 12

Quote:
I have to say something about the B2s here.  Didn't you get a B2 that was missing a filter?  The filter kinda softens up the treble and allows the bass to come out a lot more.  The bass on the B2 is just at neutral (a little above RE0) and flat throughout.  I will still agree that they will not suite the OP though.

+1 on the M3s.

Nope, that wasn't me.  I just noticed that when I compared the B2s to the M3s that the B2s would distort at the higher volumes whereas the M3s continued to hit nice and hard and clear.  Obviously it's just my preference...dynamics compared to BAs.  No doubt about it.  It sounds like the OP is the same, which is why I said M3s over B2s every day of the week.  :)

Sep 21, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #7 of 12
Perhaps you had a defective pair. I know from my experience with the DBA02 that many dynamics in the M3's price range can't keep up with them at staying clean at high volumes with no distortions. The DBA02/B2's bass is more of reference quality than the M3's, the only thing the M3 has over them is subbass presence, but they aren't simply as clean and precise. 

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #10 of 12
Is the M4 going to be Brainwavz flagship iem?

Sep 21, 2011 at 8:01 AM Post #12 of 12
Ok then i need to ask is there is better earphones for about 150 or less better than m3 for dubstep? ( i also like singing poetry (something like classical but with more voise ;D ) )  And i will be buying amp to 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back