Brainwavz Delta IEM's: new low cost champs!
Sep 18, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #76 of 452
How does Delta sounds when paired with Fiio X3?

When I first got my Soundmagic PL50....did not like it when using with my IPod but when plugged into my X3... Wow was the word... Somehow the bass become better with more oomph and the harsh treble less in my face... Before that could not even used for like 10 minutes but with X3... It has become one of my favourite iem to use with X3.

Sep 20, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #77 of 452
I have posted my review of these http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-delta, the review is short as I feel these don't need a 1000 word essay on them to convey their value. The bottom line is they offer one of the best value to performance ratio's I have seen in a long time. I will be posting my review of the S1 hopefully in the next day or two and may write up a comparison of the two IEM's as well. All in all I think Brainwavz has made two well designed IEM's and along with their R3 model may have 3 strong contenders this year.

Sep 20, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #79 of 452
I was thinking the same, whether it's worth the extra $5-6 for the M5. I prefer neutral sounding ones so both seem suitable. But if i have to get 2 M5s, i would have to forgo the deltas.

Sep 22, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #81 of 452
I like the M5's, and that's a great deal, but for knock around IEM's, I'd go with the Delta's. It's cheaper(you can get two pairs for less than that deal), the soundstage is neutral here as well, making the choice to me a toss up. The choice, honestly, really is up to you. Do you need either one, or are you just trying to stock up? 

Sep 22, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #83 of 452
I was thinking the same thing about the M5, if you need two pair or know someone you can sell the 2nd pair two it would be a better deal. But if you only need one pair the Delta is a pretty darn good IEM that is even better at it's price point.

Sep 24, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #84 of 452
Preordered! Now the blame is on you guys
biggrin.gif

Sep 24, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #86 of 452
  How are the microphonics on these bad boys? I need a new pair of headphones for running after my wife vacuumed up my R1's.

About average, they do have a slider to help reduce it, though. I dont think the cord is long enough to place these over your ears, but if you keep your player/phone on your arm instead of your pocket, you could get away with it.

Sep 24, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #87 of 452

About average, they do have a slider to help reduce it, though. I dont think the cord is long enough to place these over your ears, but if you keep your player/phone on your arm instead of your pocket, you could get away with it.

Thanks for the quick reply. I usually have the cord under my shirt, and strap on an arm band. I'm going to have to pre order these. Resistance is futile ... hah.

Oct 2, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #88 of 452
Just a update on the preorder, the Delta production was slightly delayed and was further delayed due to China being closed from the 1st of Oct to the 4th for their national holidays. The first shipment of Deltas is expected to start shipping to preorder buyers around the 10th of October. Please accept my apology in the delay.

Oct 3, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #89 of 452
  Just a update on the preorder, the Delta production was slightly delayed and was further delayed due to China being closed from the 1st of Oct to the 4th for their national holidays. The first shipment of Deltas is expected to start shipping to preorder buyers around the 10th of October. Please accept my apology in the delay.

It happens, that's the nature of pre production. Thanks for the update, good to know folks will be getting these fine little IEM's soon 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back