Brainwavz B200 - Dual Armature IEM
Sep 3, 2020 at 3:50 AM Post #121 of 128
I just tried to sit down and listen to these again and they just don't sound good at all. My same feelings still stand. Overly warm and mid-bassy to the point it actually messes up male vocals really badly. They really aren't listenable to me at all.

From reviews of other people and from looking at graphs they should be bass light and extremely detailed and clear and that is not the case at all.

Even an HD650 whether properly amped or not still sounds way more clear and detailed and less warm and less mid-bassy. These sound like they are elevated down to about 80hz, then roll off. Mid-bass is elevated all the way into the mids which completely ruins male vocals making everything sound muffled and a bit honky. Treble seems smooth, but not very present, then rolled off early too. I'm not expecting these to sound better than an HD650, but I did not expect them to sound more bassy and more warm, and have less clarity and detail and so on.

They had to have changed the tuning or started using different drivers after all the reviews and frequency response graphs I've seen were made.

I also just recently got a Blon BL03 which of course have more and better sub-bass than the B200, but the B200 are even warmer sounding than the BL03 and have more mid-bass which just shouldn't be. I know the BL03 is a bit more of a Harman "V" shaped response but they just overall blow the B200 away everywhere in terms of clarity, detail, and top end extension.

I'm not sure what to do with this B200. I guess it's just $67 wasted.
I had a pair of the 200 back in 2018 and I absolutely totally agree with all the issues with them.
All mid bass and little else they were absolutely awful, I remember I sent mine back as one shell was frosted and the other looked clear, plus the sound was just appalling. I have a pair of earphones that cost me £10 sound way better than the 200 ever did.
One of the worst iems I've ever heard.

Sep 3, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #122 of 128
I had a pair of the 200 back in 2018 and I absolutely totally agree with all the issues with them.
All mid bass and little else they were absolutely awful, I remember I sent mine back as one shell was frosted and the other looked clear, plus the sound was just appalling. I have a pair of earphones that cost me £10 sound way better than the 200 ever did.
One of the worst iems I've ever heard.

Yup the Blon BL03 even sound much better, albeit still to mid bassy. At least the BL03 has mids and highs. The BL03 can be EQ'ed pretty easily. The B200 to me sounds like it would need a huge amount of EQ to even make them sound listenable to me.

For IEM's I've basically moved on to true wireless though. I have the Sony WF1000XM3 and the Samsung Galaxy Buds Live now which each sound good with minimal EQ. I have a K371 with an ES100 attached to it as well. The only thing I use wired anymore is my Focal Elear with Utopia pads.

Sep 3, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #123 of 128
Yup the Blon BL03 even sound much better, albeit still to mid bassy. At least the BL03 has mids and highs. The BL03 can be EQ'ed pretty easily. The B200 to me sounds like it would need a huge amount of EQ to even make them sound listenable to me.

For IEM's I've basically moved on to true wireless though. I have the Sony WF1000XM3 and the Samsung Galaxy Buds Live now which each sound good with minimal EQ. I have a K371 with an ES100 attached to it as well. The only thing I use wired anymore is my Focal Elear with Utopia pads.
Well that's fair enough. Strangely enough I didn't get on with the blons although think I had a dodgy pair, but agreed they did sound better. And your right the 200 needed too much work

Glad you've got some gear you can enjoy now.

Sep 6, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #124 of 128
Just dropping in here to see if there is anyone else who has tried the "new" B200 that comes with the bluetooth cable.

Any additional comments or reviews about the sound of the currently available B200?

jasonb,
Is it possible that you received a defective pair? The reason for this assumption is the B200 has received fairly positive reviews in the past for its sound signature. The differences you mention sound like a significant change.
It is dificult to say. I have the B200 and they sound nothing like he described, but I understand that there could be different motives for that, from the fact that maybe he received a defective pair to the fact that maybe they are just not his cup of tea. He perceives them as warm, warm is the last thing I would use to describe them, so is just better to read different reviews and form your own opinion.

Sep 6, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #125 of 128
So they still sound bad to me after burning in for 2 whole days.

I stumbled across this graph and this is basically how i hear them. Not sure why people say that these sound good and detailed and all that.

Because some people actually liked them and don't share your opinion? Not trying to be rude, but assuming that your experience is the same as everyone else is not productive. I had the Blond, absolutely detested them but my wife liked them. That is just how it goes with this hobby (now defective product or poor QC are different things and companies should absolutely be called on that).

Jan 16, 2021 at 12:35 AM Post #126 of 128
hi all, wondering if anyone else has loose BAs inside the B200 housing. a few weeks ago, I noticed the left item had a slight rattle when holding, and sure enough the two BAs were loose. I'm surprised it happened because I've worn them only a few times in over one year, and they stay stored away. are they held in place with glue?

Jan 16, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #128 of 128
yeah, I enjoyed the sound of their BA range but 4 out of 5 of mine had build issues. The B100 didn't last long. Both cables on B150/200 frayed and the sound went. The sound on my B200v2 had driver issues and was sent back. The B400 is the only one I didn't have problems with... but ironically it was my least favourite of the range, crazy being the flagship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back