Brainwavz B2 Dual Armature IEM review
Sep 23, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #16 of 20

Quote:
Hey Congrats on your B2's.
Yeah, they are pretty special. Don't let the Comply's that come with them keep you from getting more of them. A few of us have noticed that these seem to die faster than the platinum colored ones. Comply P-series (trimmed) is all I use and it makes for a great seal and sound. Deep insertion will improve the bass slightly. And the seal has to be tight.

Soundstage? Herm, uh, well... yeah. I actually don't hear anything imposed on the recording. Just the recording, clear and clean, with the instruments where they always were. But hey, however you hear them... it's your canals.
wink_face.gif

Enjoy!

Not imposed artificially.
I think what i am trying to say, is that the sound has some good placement. I'm not saying there are vast, expansive vistas of sound, but rather, there is accurate positioning.

Sep 24, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #17 of 20

Quote:
Not imposed artificially.
I think what i am trying to say, is that the sound has some good placement. I'm not saying there are vast, expansive vistas of sound, but rather, there is accurate positioning.

Sorry, misunderstood. Indeed. Remarkable clarity and truth to the recording. Absolutely.

Nov 12, 2011 at 7:47 AM Post #18 of 20
I notice that you had the RE0s, how does this compare with them in terms of SQ, sound signature and isolation?

Nov 12, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #19 of 20

Quote:
I notice that you had the RE0s, how does this compare with them in terms of SQ, sound signature and isolation?

Well I had the RE0s before I moved to the DBA-02 (identitcal to the B2), and the DBA-02's isolation is miles ahead of the RE0, even with the stock silicon tips (if you can get it to fit perfectly). With Comply foams, you pretty much exist in your own world.

In terms of the sound, the RE0 probably has better treble extension, but it is also thinner and bass light without an amp. The DBA-02 is almost as clear and detailed, but with much better bass impact. The midrange is dry but very good, and the soundstage is wider and airier. It is analytical yet more fun than the RE0.

Nov 12, 2011 at 8:50 AM Post #20 of 20

Quote:
Well I had the RE0s before I moved to the DBA-02 (identitcal to the B2), and the DBA-02's isolation is miles ahead of the RE0, even with the stock silicon tips (if you can get it to fit perfectly). With Comply foams, you pretty much exist in your own world.

In terms of the sound, the RE0 probably has better treble extension, but it is also thinner and bass light without an amp. The DBA-02 is almost as clear and detailed, but with much better bass impact. The midrange is dry but very good, and the soundstage is wider and airier. It is analytical yet more fun than the RE0.

I feel the RE0 has enough bass impact for me and it's not actually as bass light as I thought it would be (using iPhone 4 as a source). You say it's almost as clear and detailed in SQ, meaning that it actually isn't? For some reason I don't actually like "fun" sounding IEMs that much anymore, not sure what the RE0 has done to me!

The B2s are 2.5x the cost of what I paid for my RE0s though so I think I'll give it a miss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back