Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Dec 15, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #1,381 of 1,463
Just a note...
Received my B400's yesterday. I put them on the For Sale forum today.
Cheers

Dec 15, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #1,383 of 1,463
Gave them a thorough listen. Good man.

Gee, that sounds a bit sarcastic...
And while I haven't been around as long as you... I'm hardly a noob. It's actually the second pair I've had. I know what I like and don't, and since BA's don't really 'burn in'... they had to go.

Dec 15, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #1,384 of 1,463
And while I haven't been around as long as you... I'm hardly a noob. It's actually the second pair I've had. I know what I like and don't, and since BA's don't really 'burn in'... they had to go.

You know what you like and don't like, but bought a second pair of B400's then discovered you don't like them?

EDIT: No, I'm sorry. I don't mean to be snarky. I get not liking the B400. They are too warm to be for everyone, and, of course, no earphones are for everyone. I think we are just surprised at the speed of your decision. Personally, I haven't even settled on which tips to use after only a day.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #1,385 of 1,463
You know what you like and don't like, but bought a second pair of B400's then discovered you don't like them?

EDIT: No, I'm sorry. I don't mean to be snarky. I get not liking the B400. They are too warm to be for everyone, and, of course, no earphones are for everyone. I think we are just surprised at the speed of your decision. Personally, I haven't even settled on which tips to use after only a day.

Snark today, for sure.
The first pair was defective, but I gave them a listen and returned them. Thought I'd try a second pair to see if there was any difference in sound...

And as for tips... again, not a noob here, have and have had many IEM's... and know what tips work for my ears and what don't.

Any more questions?

Dec 15, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #1,386 of 1,463
Snark today, for sure.
The first pair was defective, but I gave them a listen and returned them. Thought I'd try a second pair to see if there was any difference in sound...

And as for tips... again, not a noob here, have and have had many IEM's... and know what tips work for my ears and what don't.

Any more questions?

Sure. What's replacing them?

Dec 15, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #1,387 of 1,463

Wasn't meant to be like that, sorry. Some know what they like right away, some take some time to figure it out. At least someone will be getting a good deal on a hardly used unit.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2018 at 8:14 PM Post #1,388 of 1,463
Sure. What's replacing them?

Nothing right now... I've still got my Q-Jays and HEM1 and EDC and old B2's and others satisfying my 'portable' needs.

Dec 15, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #1,389 of 1,463
Wasn't meant to be that was. Some know what they like right away, some take some time to figure it out. At least someone will be getting a good deal on a hardly used unit.

Well then, good Sir, my apologies for that misinterpretation. And yes, someone will get a perfectly pristine, virtually new pair at a good discount. :wink:

Dec 15, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #1,390 of 1,463
Well then, good Sir, my apologies for that misinterpretation. And yes, someone will get a perfectly pristine, virtually new pair at a good discount. :wink:

No, that's all on me. Some of the threads I follow have become a bit caustic at times and it seems to have bled over into my comments. Might need to step away for a while. Hope you find something great with the money you get for your B400. :beerchug:

Dec 16, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #1,391 of 1,463
Snark today, for sure.

Any more questions?

What did you expect from your original post? Seems a bit trollish to me.....

Dec 16, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #1,392 of 1,463
What did you expect from your original post? Seems a bit trollish to me.....

Well, apologies if it came off that way. It sure wasn't intended to be. Just meant it to be brief and matter of fact.

Dec 16, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #1,393 of 1,463
Back on track...

B400.jpg

Took a break from listening to review gear and spent the night with the B400. It's silky smooth signature is outstanding for long listening sessions. Yeah, some extra treble energy would be nice for critical listening but I can hardly think of anything better, for my preferences, for just chilling and enjoying my music.

Dec 16, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #1,394 of 1,463
Back on track...

Took a break from listening to review gear and spent the night with the B400. It's silky smooth signature is outstanding for long listening sessions. Yeah, some extra treble energy would be nice for critical listening but I can hardly think of anything better, for my preferences, for just chilling and enjoying my music.

Though it's not as good in terms of technical prowess, I find the Macaw GT600s fits the bill for "B400+treble" very well. Both have what I consider a chilled out relaxed sound, but the Macaw has that extra bit of top end (and tunable top end) that the B400 doesn't. The Macaw also fits me much better, making it great for sleeptime listening. It's a great complement to the B400.

Dec 16, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #1,395 of 1,463
Though it's not as good in terms of technical prowess, I find the Macaw GT600s fits the bill for "B400+treble" very well. Both have what I consider a chilled out relaxed sound, but the Macaw has that extra bit of top end (and tunable top end) that the B400 doesn't. The Macaw also fits me much better, making it great for sleeptime listening. It's a great complement to the B400.

Someone else that likes the GT600s!! :D I haven't listened to mine in a loooong time, and never against the B400. Gotta find it and give them a quick comparo. Thanks for the suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back