BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 25, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #1,546 of 1,701
May 25, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #1,547 of 1,701
Wasn't aware that this thread existed. Damn, have I been missing out.

I've been following BQEYZ since 2019, and had my first experience with their IEMs in early 2020.

Autumn is a jaw-dropping IEM. BQEYZ's most mature product to date, if I am being asked.

DSC-3099.jpg

From my Autumn review

May 25, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #1,548 of 1,701
Wasn't aware that this thread existed. Damn, have I been missing out.

I've been following BQEYZ since 2019, and had my first experience with their IEMs in early 2020.

Autumn is a jaw-dropping IEM. BQEYZ's most mature product to date, if I am being asked.

DSC-3099.jpg

From my Autumn review
Same here, I became aware of it a couple of days ago.

May 29, 2022 at 8:51 PM Post #1,551 of 1,701
Question about bqeyz. Not trying to impugn anyone's motives. How legit are the reviews? Reading between the lines and in some disclaimers, the company seems to be liberal in sending out review samples. I have a hard time believing a raft of $125-$200 IEMs would collect 15-25 reviews (and that's just on head fi) organically when the immense majority of IEMs in all price brackets gets 1-5.

May 29, 2022 at 9:11 PM Post #1,552 of 1,701
Question about bqeyz. Not trying to impugn anyone's motives. How legit are the reviews? Reading between the lines and in some disclaimers, the company seems to be liberal in sending out review samples. I have a hard time believing a raft of $125-$200 IEMs would collect 15-25 reviews (and that's just on head fi) organically when the immense majority of IEMs in all price brackets gets 1-5.
You just asked a very valid question.

As of now, my input value superexceeds $200, and that's by a long mile. This being said, when I receive a $200 product free of charge, I don't hold back expressing my honest thoughts. I don't feel any need to hold back or hide the cons. Same goes for everything else I write about. I cannot say the same about others, as though I know there are a whole bunch of people who will glorify anything they receive for free (this is great for the company, but horrible and invaluable for the consumers and buyers). There are only a handful of us honest people that are involved "in the industry".

BQEYZ definitely knows what it is doing, and it is an efficient marketing method. If anything, sending out more review samples to people (some more experience than others) gives you the chance to hear the opinion of more people. The more established individuals' opinions will be easier to rely on as though you can genuinely get a good impression of who that individual is from reading their past work. With newer and less experienced individuals you have to play the guessing game whether their review is biased because they just received a free product.

You have no clue how dirty this industry is behind the scenes. You literally have big companies paying off reviewers to start hype trains and paying them off to give out positive reviews.

In terms of BQEYZ, they are an honest company. When they sent out the Spring 1 free of charge to me back in 2020, I told them I had a negative experience and had a very bad ear infection. Due to this negative experience, I couldn't properly criticize and write about the Spring 1, so I ended up telling BQEYZ that I cannot release a review. BQEYZ at no point asked me not to speak up about my negative experience, or asked me to return the review sample, or offer me money to release a positive review. I expressed my concerns regarding the design of the Spring 1 and they listened and implemented all my suggestions into the Spring 2.

Speaking for myself only, I can assure you that everything that I write about is 100% my honest opinion and isn't biased because the product was received free of charge (this appears to be a big challenge to many). There are also people who will simply glorify everything because it's in their interest to receive more free products from the said company. That's another thing I am proudly not guilty of.

TL;DR — be careful who you trust. Make sure to read the author's past work and contributions on here or whatever platform they are on. Based on that, make the judgement yourself whether that's an honest person or not. Judge the quality of their work and whether what they are writing makes any sense or is a bunch of descriptive words with no meaning.

Last edited:
May 29, 2022 at 9:19 PM Post #1,553 of 1,701
Completely agree

First they consider french market, they send to be most of their products. I ask to them and they said ok aaaaand it's all. Nothing to say for the review or anything.

They don't use iem like marketing. Their most expensive iem stay a mono driver after triple driver with piezoelectric for the spring

It's a rare company which doesn't renewal their cheap iem, they keep the same for the moment. Sheet kc2, no "replacement" of them.

They seem the absolute opposite to kz.

May 29, 2022 at 10:48 PM Post #1,554 of 1,701
Ez. Just look for reviewers that don't get freebies.

May 29, 2022 at 11:03 PM Post #1,555 of 1,701
After reading a lot of reviwes you will know which reviewers are more trustworthy. I honestly don't like people hyping about products such as calling a $100 set best under say $300 or even $500. They are probably not lying but they simply haven't tried enough IEMs out there. I also don't read reviews written by overly active reviwers as I do not believe they have enough time to understand the products sent to them and they will likely be reviwing another product and never go back to that in a few days. Out of the box reviews are utterly pointless and ugly IMHO. And btw, at this price it is still just "entry-level" for quite a lot of people.

May 29, 2022 at 11:44 PM Post #1,556 of 1,701
I purchased all my BQEYZ IEMs: Spring 1, 2, Summer, and Autumn. Just waiting for that "Winter" to appear to complete the collection.

As far as pricing is concerned, I really think BQEYZ is priced fairly in terms of sound & build quality. The under $200 price bracket is filled with so many IEMs it's hard to tell you if any of the current BQEYZ model is the best out of the bunch. I just think if you factor in everything you get for the price you pay, BQEYZ is a solid choice. At least I haven't been disappointed with any of my purchases.

I dropped $5k into a Fitear DC Ti last month and own some higher-end IEMs as well. Owning higher end models has never made me enjoy the BQEYZ IEMs less, that's just my two cents.

May 30, 2022 at 1:42 AM Post #1,558 of 1,701
I purchased all my BQEYZ IEMs: Spring 1, 2, Summer, and Autumn. Just waiting for that "Winter" to appear to complete the collection.

As far as pricing is concerned, I really think BQEYZ is priced fairly in terms of sound & build quality. The under $200 price bracket is filled with so many IEMs it's hard to tell you if any of the current BQEYZ model is the best out of the bunch. I just think if you factor in everything you get for the price you pay, BQEYZ is a solid choice. At least I haven't been disappointed with any of my purchases.

I dropped $5k into a Fitear DC Ti last month and own some higher-end IEMs as well. Owning higher end models has never made me enjoy the BQEYZ IEMs less, that's just my two cents.
Great to know. Which bqeyz is your favorite?

May 30, 2022 at 2:35 AM Post #1,559 of 1,701
Just check the the credibility of the reviewers especially on their previous reviews.

For sure that BQEYZ's way of promoting their product by providing review items to credible and well-known reviewers is good business strategies as they rather to give them off to the people who are passionated in our hobby rather than getting a celebrity or model influencer who doesn't have any idea on how their product works and to sell to.

**I bought my first BQEYZ product in full retail price**

Last edited:
May 30, 2022 at 2:36 AM Post #1,560 of 1,701
Great to know. Which bqeyz is your favorite?

Spring 2 and Autumn. Gotta say, that magnetic (bass) tuning system on the Autumn is really easy to use and innovative. Most other manufacturers opt for some sort of nozzle-changing system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back