BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 15, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #302 of 1,701
BTW. BQEYZ is here is this thread watching us. Maybe one day they will interact with us.

In the meantime I am enjoying BQ3 with Fiio M11. Prophets of Rage sound dope this morning!

Could you talk a little bit more about this pair ?
I have the BQ3 and the M11 is in my to buy list.
Currently I'm using the Xduoo X20, but the BQ3 is not very interesting with the X20.
Actually this DAP have a great clean sound, but somewhat cold. The only reason that I didn't sold the BQ3 is because it sounds freaking fun with my smartphone ...
So, I'm going that the do DAP upgrade can give more life to the BQ3.

Jun 15, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #303 of 1,701
Could you talk a little bit more about this pair ?
I have the BQ3 and the M11 is in my to buy list.
Currently I'm using the Xduoo X20, but the BQ3 is not very interesting with the X20.
Actually this DAP have a great clean sound, but somewhat cold. The only reason that I didn't sold the BQ3 is because it sounds freaking fun with my smartphone ...
So, I'm going that the do DAP upgrade can give more life to the BQ3.

hmm...difficult to say. The M11 is a neutral balanced DAP with large 3d stage and space everwhere. There is just enough warmth to keep it from being cold and clinical. IMO compared to other DAPS I have owned, the lowend is a bit less on the M11, which for me helps soften the mid bass of the BQ3 enough to not be a focal point. Add in the extra stage and space and I am enjoying it very much. Its a very large departure from what I am used too, which is far warmer sources.

Jun 15, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #304 of 1,701
BTW. BQEYZ is here is this thread watching us. Maybe one day they will interact with us.

We welcome BQEYZ here.

They make GREAT stuff! Good quality build, competent tuning, extremely fair price. I honestly can't think of a ChiFi company who offers more bang for the buck. Every single one of their offerings has consistently been good, and they offer a variety of sound tunings (so that pretty much everyone can find one they like).

Jun 15, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #305 of 1,701
My main suggestion to them, as they are a step up from KZ and TRN imo, is to start including narrow bore tips along with wide bore tips AND a case. Not a big deal as I usually order one of Jims HCK cases everytime I order from him, but hey, if BQEYZ is going to venture over the $100 mark they need to step the swag game up.

Also, we need a Fan club...

Jun 15, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #306 of 1,701
My main suggestion to them, as they are a step up from KZ and TRN imo, is to start including narrow bore tips along with wide bore tips AND a case. Not a big deal as I usually order one of Jims HCK cases everytime I order from him, but hey, if BQEYZ is going to venture over the $100 mark they need to step the swag game up.

Also, we need a Fan club...

I'm joining the fan club! if BQEYZ is listening, we want more subbass, a bit less mid bass (currently is ok), smooths already good, imaging very good, nothing to complain

Jun 17, 2019 at 1:50 AM Post #307 of 1,701
Is there a budget BQEYZ model that with some slight changes like different tips or cable it can sound similar or just as good/ (enough) to their highest ranking member, the KB100?

The reason I ask is because the KB100 is $80 in my currency and not "worth it" after wasting so much money on KZ's. :frowning2:

Jun 17, 2019 at 5:19 AM Post #308 of 1,701
Is there a budget BQEYZ model that with some slight changes like different tips or cable it can sound similar or just as good/ (enough) to their highest ranking member, the KB100?

The reason I ask is because the KB100 is $80 in my currency and not "worth it" after wasting so much money on KZ's. :frowning2:

Bqeyz has a very limited set of offerings at the moment. They don't do multi-driver configs and keep releasing iems with the same amount of drivers. Rather spend thier effort on getting out subtly different but unique models. The performance of their iems are fairly consistent with their smooth non fatiguing sound.

If it's any help the Kc2 are the cheapest I found on AliExpress. Going for around 35 USD. That is there if you like a cold sounding iem.

I could not find a single instance of the kb100 in other audio stores than penon at any price lower than 50 usd. Even the site I used in India, had it come from penon.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #309 of 1,701
I could not find a single instance of the kb100 in other audio stores than penon at any price lower than 50 usd. Even the site I used in India, had it come from penon.

Kb100 was made exclusively for Penon, and is only available through Penon.

Jun 17, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #311 of 1,701
I think I see Monoprice is branding BQEYZ stuff. Won't be cheaper till later but could be good for in the states and warranty. They will be really good prices after a while esp. with the promo codes but will they still hold up by then or better stuff including new BQEYZ stuff be out.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #313 of 1,701
I can’t wait for the new BQEYZ planar; you know it’s gonna be good if their previous models are any indication.

Any word on the price range yet??

Jun 17, 2019 at 8:06 PM Post #315 of 1,701
So I have been using BQ3 A lot since acquiring the the M11. The synergy between the 2 is unreal. Its actually unbelievable to think that a DAP should make that much difference. With Cayin N5 and Sony NW-A45 the mid bass is just too prominent in the mix. The Sony is for sure a warm bass heavy DAP, but the Cayin always came across as more of a warm mids forward DAP. I have heard people complain about too much bass warmth compared to the N6 which is more cold and clinical, but I could only make comparisons between the 8-9 DAPS I have had experience with. The M11 seems to be neutral but with enough warmth to not be cold. Really sounds good to me, and I'm a basshead.

Anyway, The BQ3 is really honestly killing it with a large variety of genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back