BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 2, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #273 of 1,701
Really? ZS10 Pro is even better then some BQEYZ models?

Ps: How do you know ZS10 Pro is killing everything if you don't own one?
Because people here that are not KZ bulls say its amazing. Have not even really seen one person here saying anything bad about it. I'm just assuming that's its a good one. Mr. Panda could probably compare to bqeyz, if he was asked.

Jun 2, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #274 of 1,701
Nice review there - keep it up!

I just took a closer look at the K1 on AE and found this detail pretty interesting - a copper ring over the output nozzle of the BA tweeter.

Without any further details (length, diameters, weight, e...) and own experiments/measurements I can only guess that a ring like this might dampen some shell resonances in that area.
Here's what I found in the Penon Audio description:
"External physical tuning
Eliminate the problem of tooth sounds that are common in high-frequency balanced armature driver."

"Tooth sounds" (lol) aka resonant peaks.

Since this looks like an easy 10 min. job I'll sure give it a shot on one of my hybrids these days.

Most of the BAs BQEYZ uses have those copper-ringed BAs. I’m not sure why no one else does that though. I’m sure it helps, but I don’t know if the average person could tell an audible difference (ie like picking out the copper ringed vs non copper ringed one in a blind test).

As good as BQEYZ stuff is, I’m sure it does something or else they wouldn’t do it :)

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #276 of 1,701
I only have BQEYZ BQ3 and that is a bass driven iem and is pretty awesome, the ZS10 Pro is a much shallower V and suited to a wider variety of genres

Jun 2, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #277 of 1,701
Really? ZS10 Pro is even better then some BQEYZ models?

Ps: How do you know ZS10 Pro is killing everything if you don't own one?

my inital impressions of ZS10 pro (i just go them yesterday), they dig bass deeper than KB100, mid bass control a bit better, with wider soundstage, but KB100 mids are more forward.
smoothness is around the same but ZS10 pro have more dynamic attack on high area while stay in smooth range.

previous KZ main weakness for me are : harsh sound on high mids (2.5-3 khz) , and peaky sounds on high mids, lower highs, and some sibilance, and too much mid bass bleed.
They've fixed all in PRO lines since ZSN pro, no more harsh sound on high mids, you can see from FR graph, not too much mid bass bleed and sounds better with wide bore tips. I have to admit KZ did great job with their PRO lines

Not sure if KB100 will remain to be my best pick on sub $50 since the ZS10s have arrived. too early to say by now, I'm cooking my ZS10 currently

Jun 3, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #278 of 1,701
my inital impressions of ZS10 pro (i just go them yesterday), they dig bass deeper than KB100, mid bass control a bit better, with wider soundstage, but KB100 mids are more forward.
smoothness is around the same but ZS10 pro have more dynamic attack on high area while stay in smooth range.

previous KZ main weakness for me are : harsh sound on high mids (2.5-3 khz) , and peaky sounds on high mids, lower highs, and some sibilance, and too much mid bass bleed.
They've fixed all in PRO lines since ZSN pro, no more harsh sound on high mids, you can see from FR graph, not too much mid bass bleed and sounds better with wide bore tips. I have to admit KZ did great job with their PRO lines

Not sure if KB100 will remain to be my best pick on sub $50 since the ZS10s have arrived. too early to say by now, I'm cooking my ZS10 currently

From your impressions on the ZS10 pro. I might have to wait on kz for the day they come even close to the tuning of the bqeyz iems. Mids are important to me. I'm sure the 10pro will be better in terms of instrument separation and soundstage (Although kz soundstage can be phoney at times). I still think their treble is going to be on the funky side primarily affecting imaging. What they are doing right at the moment, is adjusting their signature towards a more balanced presentation which is a good thing to me. The best thing about kz in general is their whopping bass response and dynamic sound, also good signal-noise ratio. Nevertheless always eager to hear more about the iems after they are burned in!

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #279 of 1,701
The primary difference between KZ and BQEYZ I found is in their nature. KZ always gives a sound signature which is fun and wild (for their erratic treble) whereas BQEYZ are smooth as silk. It's actually all about individual preferences. What KZ does will always appeal to a large section of consumers because everyone listens to simply enjoy music and KZ very well know the trick. BQEYZ on the other hand will always appeal to mature listeners. Consumers who enjoy subtle and accurate sound. If my estimates are even 10% accurate, then with their Pro lines KZ is trying to reach the equilibrium of fun+balance. They want to appeal to not only casual listeners but also to mature listeners who prefer subtle and delicate sound. Partnership with CCA also signals the same IMO.

Jun 3, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #280 of 1,701
Next iem I buy will need to have these traits. (In case if anyone; bqeyz or kz is reading these).This will be a guide line to exercise self control from buying any new iems as well.

1. A balanced tonality, includes present mids; cues from bqeyz.
2. Kz low end, deep sub bass and dynamics
3.bqeyz smooth sound output and timbre.
3. Bqeyz non fatiguing highs.
4. Longer but wide nozzles. Both manufacturers.
5. Good bass ventilation and fine mesh design on the bore ending. Bqeyz.
6. Insane driver counts like Kz. Probably limit it to 5 each.
7. No god-awful cables like Kz stock ones.

At this price point this is quite a high expectation to have.

Update: All that expectation was remedied by a pair of cp145 and a little more time burning in.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #281 of 1,701
Next iem I buy will need to have these traits. (In case if anyone; bqeyz or kz is reading these).This will be a guide line to exercise self control from buying any new iems as well.

1. A balanced tonality, includes present mids; cues from bqeyz.
2. Kz low end, deep sub bass and dynamics
3.bqeyz smooth sound output and timbre.
3. Bqeyz non fatiguing highs.
4. Longer but wide nozzles. Both manufacturers.
5. Good bass ventilation and fine mesh design on the bore ending. Bqeyz.
6. Insane driver counts like Kz. Probably limit it to 5 each.
7. No god-awful cables like Kz stock ones.

At this price point this is quite a high expectation to have.

Update: All that expectation was remedied by a pair of cp145 and a little more time burning in.
This sounds like you're ready to find some investors and start your own earphone company. :wink:

Jun 5, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #282 of 1,701
This sounds like you're ready to find some investors and start your own earphone company. :wink:

tumblr_ob54v4rsFz1rts02xo3_250.gif

Jun 8, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #284 of 1,701
Just realized a few days ago that the phase was inverted in my kb100. Remedied by using a hair drier to invert the plastic ear guides. Guess Chifi will be Chifi for a while still.

At same time, soundstage is quite wide now, after using spinfits especially. After listening to these image, Im going to hesitate to buy kz. Everything generally sounds good. It's very good for surround sound setups.

Although I still think tin T2 has better instrument separation, imaging and soundstage and is a faster sounding iem. A better buy over qt2. Which sounds messy v shaped compared to this.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #285 of 1,701
At same time, KB100 soundstage is quite wide now, after using spinfits especially. After listening to these image, Im going to hesitate to buy kz. Everything generally sounds good. It's very good for surround sound setups.

Although I still think tin T2 has better instrument separation, imaging and soundstage and is a faster sounding iem.
I'm starting to realize it's better to shop around then buy a million iems from the same brand (KZ). It's good that competition is strong as it gives the want to create different sounding iems.

I wont be buying KZ's for a while (15 so far). Next up: BQEYZ, TinHifi, TFZ, Takstar and other high quality brands I can find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back