BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 27, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #256 of 1,701
Tin Audio HIFI just came out with the P1. A Planar earphone. Does anyone know anything about this technology?

Its $100 online. BQEYZ better slow down making earphones for other companies and start releasing their own new models or they're going to lose the game.

Last edited:
May 27, 2019 at 9:31 PM Post #257 of 1,701
Sounds like the KB100 is better for me. I have too many KZ's. Do you think its equal to or better than the KZ ZS7?

Sorry don't own ZS7 so can't say.

May 27, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #258 of 1,701
Tin Audio HIFI just came out with the P1. A Planar earphone. Does anyone know anything about this technology?

Its $100 online. BQEYZ better slow down making earphones for other companies and start releasing their own new models or they're going to lose the game.

BQEYZ is supposed to have a $100 Planar IEM coming soon too.

May 28, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #259 of 1,701

Where did you get price of P1?

May 28, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #260 of 1,701
Several Planars are hitting the market right now. Be interesting to see BQEYZ's version as I like their tuning on the DD/BA combos. Not sure if the planar will require a different skillset to tune or if it will be just another driver to their engineers/tuners.

May 28, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #261 of 1,701
Several Planars are hitting the market right now. Be interesting to see BQEYZ's version as I like their tuning on the DD/BA combos. Not sure if the planar will require a different skillset to tune or if it will be just another driver to their engineers/tuners.

Planars are power hungry AF. So the people that obsessively defend their cell phones as being the ‘be all end all’ and ‘DAPs/amps are totally unnecessary’ are probably gonna have a piping hot cup of disappointment coming their way.

Last edited:
May 28, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #262 of 1,701
Planars are power hungry AF. So the people that obsessively defend their cell phones as being the ‘be all end all’ and ‘DAPs/amps are totally unnecessary’ are probably gonna have a piping hot cup of disappointment coming their way.

Yep the F3 that I am working on now is that way. Sounds better out of my desktop amp (Burson Fun) than even the xDSD or xCAN so it will handle plenty of power.

May 29, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #264 of 1,701
IMG20190529165646.jpg
My new kb100 just came in blue. First word that comes up to describe it's sound: beautiful. A little a/b with the ZS7, Zs7 would be the beast.... That just happened spontaneously. Of course as with more listening I'm going to get better understanding. But I can tell this is going to replace either the zs7 or the tin T2 soon. Which one will be something to decide later on.

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #265 of 1,701
The kb100 makes me think thoughts like: Chifi might not be associated with a certain element of compromise anymore.

The kb100 is perfect to me in almost every way. Imaging is superb, a class above the ZS7. Tin T2 still hold the best imaging though, they seem to have slightly better forward and backward layout in soundstage as well. Layering on the kb100 is on point. Timbre: nothing sounds funky or funny. No sharp treble, pierce or sibilance in non silibilant songs. The only things that the ZS7 have over kb100 is instrument separation and micro detail owing that to the number of drivers. That doesn't mean the kb100 are far, they stand better in those terms than the tin T2. The kb100 makes the tin T2 sound hollow. Their fullness while maintaining a bass that can show capable rumble if needed. That said Tin T2 is still the best neutral iem with the best technical performance overall (in this price range). While the kb100 is the most versatile, it's great for pretty much all genres of music alike. BQEYZ deserve more recognition in the audio world.

The backlogs till now on these are: slight mid bass bleed I observe. Soundstage is a bit intimate, not congested at all. Highs could be more extensive (not a complaint, rather a suggestion).

The sound they output for the price is impressive enough.

The best thing had to be that these iems sound good just as they come, no need to swap cables, not even tips. The tips are really good 5mm wide bore silicone. They weren't flaunting when they said these are made for picky ears.

If I had to give an analogy of some iems compared. The KZ ZS7 is beer (can make you puke if you have too much, but you wouldn't mind having another one even after doing so). Tin T2 is wine (it grows on you slowly and steadily, leaving you fuzzy and warm). The kb100 is pot (gives you the music munchies). TFZ T2 is vodka (It's good, but it tastes artificial at times)
Zero audio Carbo Basso is champagne (relatively expensive).

That said I'm putting up the zs7 up for sale. Need someone to hold my beer, and keep it as well.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #266 of 1,701
Jun 2, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #267 of 1,701
The BQEYZ K1 have become one of my favorite Chi-Fi, in their price range, without discussion.

My review is here:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/bqeyz-k1.23758/reviews#review-22160
Nice review there - keep it up!

I just took a closer look at the K1 on AE and found this detail pretty interesting - a copper ring over the output nozzle of the BA tweeter.

Screenshot_2019-06-02-19-57-53-421_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd-01.jpeg

Without any further details (length, diameters, weight, e...) and own experiments/measurements I can only guess that a ring like this might dampen some shell resonances in that area.
Here's what I found in the Penon Audio description:
"External physical tuning
Eliminate the problem of tooth sounds that are common in high-frequency balanced armature driver."

"Tooth sounds" (lol) aka resonant peaks.

Since this looks like an easy 10 min. job I'll sure give it a shot on one of my hybrids these days.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #268 of 1,701
Jun 2, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #269 of 1,701
Nice review there - keep it up!

I just took a closer look at the K1 on AE and found this detail pretty interesting - a copper ring over the output nozzle of the BA tweeter.

Without any further details (length, diameters, weight, e...) and own experiments/measurements I can only guess that a ring like this might dampen some shell resonances in that area.
Here's what I found in the Penon Audio description:
"External physical tuning
Eliminate the problem of tooth sounds that are common in high-frequency balanced armature driver."

"Tooth sounds" (lol) aka resonant peaks.

Since this looks like an easy 10 min. job I'll sure give it a shot on one of my hybrids these days.

I didn't know that detail. The truth is that it is quite curious. But I don't find much difference between the treble of the K1 vs KB100...it must be the age...

Good job. I think you sold me on one. In fact I think you just gave me the push I needed to just convince myself that I just needed to buy all the BQEYZ models that I don't already have.

I just hope you like it... I don't want to feel guilty otherwise :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back