BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 25, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #228 of 1,701
I have also noticed that the cable used by BQYEZ are the same used by other manufacturers in more expensive earphones. FB_IMG_1558829070368.jpg

May 25, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #229 of 1,701
I have also noticed that the cable used by BQYEZ are the same used by other manufacturers in more expensive earphones.

I'll let you in on a little secret...the reason why the cable is the same is BQEYZ has been making earphones for other companies for many, many years. A lot more expensive earphones. Really good earphones. Names that would be hard to believe if it were not true...

Anyways, that's why the cable is the same. And also why BQEYZ stuff sounds so good.

May 25, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #230 of 1,701
I'll let you in on a little secret...the reason why the cable is the same is BQEYZ has been making earphones for other companies for many, many years. A lot more expensive earphones. Really good earphones. Names that would be hard to believe if it were not true...

Anyways, that's why the cable is the same. And also why BQEYZ stuff sounds so good.
I am very impressed with their output, both iem that I own from their company are really, really good, and don't suffer from the issues that a lot of chi-fi do. The shell pieces are really well made, are not designs that I have seen in dozens of other products, and their connections are good. Without being offensive, they really don't feel like regular budget chi-fi.

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #231 of 1,701
Do the BQEYZ's show any signs of artificialness like the TFZ? Compared to the TFZ T2 specifically, which I still have.

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 11:05 PM Post #232 of 1,701
Is it still the best bang for your buck if you already own ZS10, ZS6, ZS7, Moondrop Crescent, etc?

Or, a waste of bucks in that case?

depends on what signature that you're after, if you love mids, they will be another keeper for you. I got all iems you've mentioned above except ZS7. 1 thing that KB100 outperform them are delicate and smooth mids (details but smooth, not even a slight harsh) and precise imaging.

Do the BQEYZ's show any signs of artificialness like the TFZ? Compared to the TFZ T2 specifically, which I still have.

nope, timbre is quite good on BQEYZ, not perfect, but for BA mids, they perform very good on timbre section. but definitely better than most sub $50 competitors

May 26, 2019 at 2:05 AM Post #233 of 1,701
Is it still the best bang for your buck if you already own ZS10, ZS6, ZS7, Moondrop Crescent, etc?

Or, a waste of bucks in that case?

Only two IEMs from what I own that come close to KB100 under $50 segment is **** and C10. And it's still a substantial upgrade over C10 and somewhat noticeable one over ****. I don't own others so I'm not sure about them. Although, it's surely worth the investment sooner or later. The sound signature is somewhat evergreen and won't be outdated anytime soon imo.

May 26, 2019 at 2:28 AM Post #234 of 1,701
Only two IEMs from what I own that come close to KB100 under $50 segment is **** and C10. And it's still a substantial upgrade over C10 and somewhat noticeable one over ****.
I think both of those iems are good in their own ways, especially the C10. Not a huge fan of the **** but neither of those I would ever use for a long period of time. I would prefer to use KZ ZS7, ZS10, etc.

However, I know the KB100 is most likely better than the ZS10 but the ZS7, maybe I'll find out one day. :wink:

Last edited:
May 26, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #235 of 1,701
I think both of those iems are good in their own ways, especially the C10. Not a huge fan of the **** but neither of those I would ever use for a long period of time. I would prefer to use KZ ZS7, ZS10, etc.

However, I know the KB100 is most likely better than the ZS10 but the ZS7, maybe I'll find out one day. :wink:

I agree with LaughMoreDaily. I don't find why **** got so popular. I only find the balance in their sound to be good. Apart from that they sound really weird in the treble region especially. They might be one of the best balance in that price range apart from that, nothing seems to be of praise in them. I would trade naturalness or lively sound for balance. I share the same experience as crinacle had on this iem.

As far as the c10 is concerned I eqed them in equalizer apo and found them to have some traits of the zs7 with a little more balanced tonality. Somehow c10 produces sound as if it's playing in a studio. Thats all I know about them since I don't own them unlike the ****.

I'm anticpated to find out how the real kb100 compares to the ZS7. I'm guessing the ZS7 will be on a different tier because of its super fun bass oriented tuning and the driver configuration. Might be comparable to the Tin T2 though, probably a better replacement for them to me. I guess we'll find out when the time comes.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
May 26, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #236 of 1,701
**** with stock tips are awful. But they come to life when used with wide bore tips. They have a sound signature which won't appeal to many. It's flat as hell. The reason I like them is because of their open back stage and treble. It's airy and sparkling. At the end of the day, all of us hear and perceive sound differently. So can understand why there are so many who hate ****.

May 26, 2019 at 5:47 AM Post #237 of 1,701
**** with stock tips are awful. But they come to life when used with wide bore tips. They have a sound signature which won't appeal to many. It's flat as hell. The reason I like them is because of their open back stage and treble. It's airy and sparkling. At the end of the day, all of us hear and perceive sound differently. So can understand why there are so many who hate ****.

I did change the tips. Put on some silicone ones, standard looking. Made a significant difference. Also swapped cables with the tin T2 to see if it was the cable. Still did not like it. Maybe QC issues in the drivers. What I heard from them was "whack treble " as crinacle describes in his review, surely sparkly but out of order sparkly. Mids are great and bass quality is ok. Soundstage is definitely wide and airy sounding. And It's not like I don't like flat sounding in ears, or else I would not have the tin t t2 still. The treble is just a deal-breaker for me

Last edited:
May 26, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #238 of 1,701
I did change the tips. Put on some silicone ones, standard looking. Made a significant difference. Also swapped cables with the tin T2 to see if it was the cable. Still did not like it. Maybe QC issues in the drivers. What I heard from them was "whack treble " as crinacle describes in his review, surely sparkly but out of order sparkly. Mids are great and bass quality is ok. Quantity is good. Soundstage is definitely wide and airy sounding. And It's not like I don't like flat sounding in ears, or else I would not have the tin t t2 still. The treble is just a deal-breaker for me

Probably you have a defective piece. QC is also a major issue. Coz my piece is perfectly fine. Treble is as good as it can get. And bass+mids are good as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back