BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 9, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #1,081 of 1,701
Spring1 FR show sibilance but not sure how it sounds really.
Maybe someone who has it can clarify?

Spring2 just got sniped by MT300

@ayang02 you got the taobao link for spring2?
or maybe you can post the specs?

Simply search for BQEYZ spring 2 on taobao......official retail price is 1168rmb = approx. USD$165. Might need to factor in further markup when it makes its way to Aliexpress.
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #1,086 of 1,701
The Spring 1 is fascinating to me. I've never come across another IEM that gives people such a wind range of sound impressions. I've heard it described as loose and tight, smooth and harsh, bright and warm, etc. 🤷‍♂️

I think a lot of that is the source. My guess is Spring 1 is particular when it comes to impedance matching with the source.

The Audiosense T800 is certainly like that. Paired with some sources, it sounds awesome. Pair it with other sources and it sounds like crap.

One person says it lacks low end, another says the opposite (that it’s got a bloated overpowering low end). Then some say it’s got harsh treble, while others say it’s the opposite.

I also think fit is a factor with the mixed impressions. I know some people mention fit issues with Spring 1. And an ill fitting earphone can most definitely cause a very different experience than someone else who is able to get a great fit.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2020 at 8:24 PM Post #1,087 of 1,701
I think a lot of that is the source. My guess is Spring 1 is particular when it comes to impedance matching with the source.

The Audiosense T800 is certainly like that. Paired with some sources, it sounds awesome. Pair it with other sources and it sounds like crap.

One person says it lacks low end, another says the opposite (that it’s got a bloated overpowering low end). Then some say it’s got harsh treble, while others say it’s the opposite.

I also think fit is a factor with the mixed impressions. I know some people mention fit issues with Spring 1. And an ill fitting earphone can most definitely cause a very different experience than someone else who is able to get a great fit.

Totally agree. Also, I think the relatively complicated venting system contributes to the fit issue.

Jun 9, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #1,088 of 1,701
On iBasso dx160 the last thing that comes to my mind when I listen to my Spring 1 is "bright". I find them to be very warm (in a good way) and with fantastic sound stage. Definitely looking forward to auditing the Spring 2.

Jun 10, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #1,090 of 1,701
yes it is also my experience : non of the included spring1 tips fits me perfectly ( the best fit for me was "atmosphere" M size but when i press on spring1 with my finger as if i want to push the iem further into my ears, the sounds improves meaning the seal is not complete without my finger pressure, i am still looking for other tips that will provide a 100% seal for my ear shape (kz startips gives a perfect seal with spring1 for my ear shape but sound gets ridiculously super boomy with these kz tips so it is not an option)

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #1,091 of 1,701
Spring 2 has a coaxial 13mm DD based on the specs. If you thought the spring 1 was boomy, I'll Hazzard a guess and say the spring 2 won't be your cup of tea....

Honestly the spring 1, before EQ, is not great to my ears. I'd take the BQ3 over it and day of the week. After EQ it's quite nice and unique sounding. However, once I got my TRI I3 it just totally loses the battle at it's price compared to the I3.

I will agree with @zenki though. Nothing in the specs makes me think this is a true upgrade... More like a version 1.1. kind of "meh" on it now.

I'm not sure if I'll get it now, while I wait for the bq6. But then again.... It's new, and the price is affordable for me to impulse buy.....

Jun 10, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #1,092 of 1,701
Spring 2 has a coaxial 13mm DD based on the specs. If you thought the spring 1 was boomy, I'll Hazzard a guess and say the spring 2 won't be your cup of tea....

Honestly the spring 1, before EQ, is not great to my ears. I'd take the BQ3 over it and day of the week. After EQ it's quite nice and unique sounding. However, once I got my TRI I3 it just totally loses the battle at it's price compared to the I3.

I will agree with @zenki though. Nothing in the specs makes me think this is a true upgrade... More like a version 1.1. kind of "meh" on it now.

I'm not sure if I'll get it now, while I wait for the bq6. But then again.... It's new, and the price is affordable for me to impulse buy.....
The price of the Spring 2 is also close to the LZ A6. So they have tough competition.

Jun 11, 2020 at 12:26 AM Post #1,095 of 1,701
Was the bass driver on the spring 1 also 13mm?
AFAIK yes
Don't think they upgraded the DD?
It was a 13mm DD before but I don't believe it was coaxial..... So it should have more power..... Or they just never started it was coaxial in the 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back