Bowers & Wilkins PX7 noise-cancelling over ear headphones
Feb 15, 2020 at 3:35 AM Post #1,291 of 2,202
I have already reported to B & W , my wear sensors stopped after a lengthy session as reported by adamr in his post. I got this reply from B&W

Thank you for your email.

The wear sensing works by detecting the presence of your ear within the earcup and sending a play pause command via Bluetooth to the source device. If the source device doesn't recognize a Bluetooth play pause command or the source material or app requires play pause to be initiated by another method (via the app or browser window) then the headphones may not be able to pause the audio.

If you could confirm that you are getting a good fit. The PX7's are designed to make a snug seal around your ears without putting pressure on your head. To find the right fit, simply put your headphones on and slide the headband adjusters until both earcups completely surround your ears, with the cushions resting comfortably around, not on, your ears.

If you are not quite getting the right fit, this could be compromising the wear sensing. Wearing glasses or having earings or anything trapped between your ears and the headphones could distort the profile of your ears, which could in turn cause some audio leakage and poor triggering of the wear sensing.

Another tip is when first turning the PX7 headphones on, you hold the headphones in your hand for a few seconds before putting the headphones on. This will allow the sensors within the earcups to get a good baseline calibration. If you turn the headphones on when already on your head, it can cause issues with calibration and lead to the wear sensing triggering inadvertently.

It may be worth trying a simple reboot of the headphones. You can reboot/power cycle your PX7, by simultaneously holding the Volume + and Volume – buttons for 10 seconds until the indicator LED extinguishes and let go when the indicator lights up again. Rebooting your headphones will not reset their internal settings or clear the paired device history.

Please do let me know how you get on.

Feb 15, 2020 at 4:22 AM Post #1,292 of 2,202
Ive also now sent them a second support email on the wear sensors. The calibration when they turned on each time is interesting and truth be told i also put the headphone on my head and then turn it on. Ill try turning it on with it off my head and see if this helps

Feb 15, 2020 at 4:47 AM Post #1,293 of 2,202
I have started to turn on before placing on head, it’s definitely long usage that effects the wear sensors....I did a reset this morning so hopefully it might help. in my email to B&W (David) I included the link to our posts so hopefully he might post in this forum

Feb 15, 2020 at 6:04 AM Post #1,294 of 2,202
I have started to turn on before placing on head, it’s definitely long usage that effects the wear sensors....I did a reset this morning so hopefully it might help. in my email to B&W (David) I included the link to our posts so hopefully he might post in this forum

Ive tried the reset thing in the app and on the phones themselves and it does not help. But maybe ... Wear sensors calibrate the first time. Resetting it and then turning the wear sensors on and off with the phones off my head is worth a shot

Feb 15, 2020 at 6:44 AM Post #1,295 of 2,202
I got my PX7 the other day. Bought them in amazon.fr on a warehouse deal for 264 euros. I was considering them vs the Dali and for 135 euros less it was a no brainer. The headphonES arrived in perfect conditions making this a very good deal indeed. so far I really like the sound and especially the soundstage which is the best I heard in any ANC headphone I tried so far. The in flight test arrives weak after next.

Feb 15, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #1,296 of 2,202
I got my PX7 the other day. Bought them in amazon.fr on a warehouse deal for 264 euros. I was considering them vs the Dali and for 135 euros less it was a no brainer. The headphonES arrived in perfect conditions making this a very good deal indeed. so far I really like the sound and especially the soundstage which is the best I heard in any ANC headphone I tried so far. The in flight test arrives weak after next.

I had mine for a weeks now, they sounded too bassy at first but after burning them in the bass is now perfect and soundstage excellent almost on par with my P7s wired

Feb 15, 2020 at 7:01 AM Post #1,297 of 2,202
Little comment about the wear sensor issue here:

Play/Pause commands via Bluetooth have always been a glitchy thing, that's not a B&W-exclusive problem. My Sony TWS buds have the same issues and my older B&O Bluetooth buds even had issues with that function in absence of a wear sensor :wink: glitching commands are a problem inherent to the technology, there's not much B&W can do about it. If it annoys you, turn the wear sensor off.

Feb 16, 2020 at 5:13 AM Post #1,299 of 2,202
I have already reported to B & W , my wear sensors stopped after a lengthy session as reported by adamr in his post. I got this reply from B&W

Thank you for your email.

The wear sensing works by detecting the presence of your ear within the earcup and sending a play pause command via Bluetooth to the source device. If the source device doesn't recognize a Bluetooth play pause command or the source material or app requires play pause to be initiated by another method (via the app or browser window) then the headphones may not be able to pause the audio.

If you could confirm that you are getting a good fit. The PX7's are designed to make a snug seal around your ears without putting pressure on your head. To find the right fit, simply put your headphones on and slide the headband adjusters until both earcups completely surround your ears, with the cushions resting comfortably around, not on, your ears.

If you are not quite getting the right fit, this could be compromising the wear sensing. Wearing glasses or having earings or anything trapped between your ears and the headphones could distort the profile of your ears, which could in turn cause some audio leakage and poor triggering of the wear sensing.

Another tip is when first turning the PX7 headphones on, you hold the headphones in your hand for a few seconds before putting the headphones on. This will allow the sensors within the earcups to get a good baseline calibration. If you turn the headphones on when already on your head, it can cause issues with calibration and lead to the wear sensing triggering inadvertently.

It may be worth trying a simple reboot of the headphones. You can reboot/power cycle your PX7, by simultaneously holding the Volume + and Volume – buttons for 10 seconds until the indicator LED extinguishes and let go when the indicator lights up again. Rebooting your headphones will not reset their internal settings or clear the paired device history.

Please do let me know how you get on.

This is interesting as I have been turning them on while on my head and thought I had a pair with dodgy sensors, as they weren’t turning off when removing them. Turning them on while in hand and then placing them on my head seems to be working much better.

Feb 16, 2020 at 5:22 AM Post #1,300 of 2,202
This is interesting as I have been turning them on while on my head and thought I had a pair with dodgy sensors, as they weren’t turning off when removing them. Turning them on while in hand and then placing them on my head seems to be working much better.

Hi I can’t fault the sound ,build etc, the wear sensors are still temperamental even following advice of turning the PX7 on while not wearing on head

Feb 16, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #1,302 of 2,202
Hi all
i am looking to pair up my PX7 with a MP3 player , Bluetooth with APTX codec any done this ? Currently running Apple Music with IPhone X
AAC sounds every bit as good as Aptx so why switch from the phone? It certainly won't sound better.

Feb 16, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #1,304 of 2,202
ah ok ,i am a newbie so any advice appreciated
I once read an article discussing that in actual fact, there were technical reasons that AAC may even be capable of better sound than Aptx. I won't go so far as to say that is true, but my KEF Space One Wireless uses both and I just leave it at AAC now and I can't hear any difference at all. I have also used AAC with other wireless headphones and without failure AAC has always sounded fantastic so if you were trying to get better sound through Aptx, or even LDAC for that matter, my experience suggests that you should save your money and simply use your iPhone as the source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back