Bowers & Wilkins PX7 noise-cancelling over ear headphones
Feb 6, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #1,276 of 2,202
Hi guys
i had the PX7s for a few weeks , but only had around 5 hrs burning in time, has anyone had a problem with the wear sensor as last night when I lifted the headphones off the music still played, turned the headphones off on, reconnected the app a few times and still no change

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #1,277 of 2,202
I know this has been mentioned before, but does anyone else seem to notice the sound was improved after the firmware update?
I noticed that with firmware 1.1 AAC quality is much "darker" and bass heavy compared to AptX HD. Not sure if AAC got worse or AptX HD better, but this is how I feel.
Hopefully next firmware release fixes AAC quality "issue".
EDIT: Tried using Spotify And Tidal HiFi

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #1,279 of 2,202
Hi guys
i had the PX7s for a few weeks , but only had around 5 hrs burning in time, has anyone had a problem with the wear sensor as last night when I lifted the headphones off the music still played, turned the headphones off on, reconnected the app a few times and still no change
Try a factory reset. Hold down the ANC button + Vol Up + Vol Down buttons all at the same time for 10+ seconds. It worked for me.

Feb 6, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #1,280 of 2,202
I noticed that with firmware 1.1 AAC quality is much "darker" and bass heavy compared to AptX HD. Not sure if AAC got worse or AptX HD better, but this is how I feel.
Hopefully next firmware release fixes AAC quality "issue".
EDIT: Tried using Spotify And Tidal HiFi
Not sure about the AAC thing, but streaming over aptX HD sounds decidedly more musical than I previously remember with my original pair on the old firmware. I don't find the sound dark or peaky, rather I find them rich, yet spacious, with good micro-details.

Oh, and calls work MUCH better on the new firmware. I tested calls several times and had others call me using the headphones so I could hear what it sounded like myself, and it was really good. Like, almost can't tell a headset is being used.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #1,283 of 2,202
newbie here and just registered to post on these headphones wear sensor (had the headphones for about two weeks and using them with a Samsung Note 10 plus phone)

What ive noticed with the wear sensor is that they work flawlessly the first time in the day you use the headphones ... the problem comes in when you have the headphones sitting on your head for a long period of time. There is a point where it wont work (i.e. removing headphone from your head or lifting an earcup wont pause the music neither changing any setting in the app will help). When the feature is broken, changing wear sensor settings on the app you do see the headphones acknowledging the changes - status lights turning on (if wear sensor is turned off) and status lights off (if wear sensor is turned on). If you leave the headphones unused for a period of time pick them up and use them wear sensors work again ... until some time it stops (and the cycle will continue)

Fiddling around i see the wear sensors are in the soft pads of the headphone. Try this ... with the headphones off your head (and when the feature is working) if you push either of the pads in it will mimic the headphones being on your head and will continue playing your music ... release, and it will pause play. Which makes me think the sensors get "sticky" with long periods of usage !? well that the hypothesis im going with ... a hardware flaw ... Question though is this happening for everyone or just a few of us? you need to have had a lengthy listening session to test this, listening for few minutes will have working wear sensors.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #1,284 of 2,202
In the PX, the sensors sat right over the driver. I assume the PX7 is the same.

Also, I suspect this is a software issue—I've noticed the same behavior, but only after a few days of the headphones being on. Power cycling them off and then on again always fixes it. I've also noticed that after receiving a phone call, the sensors to stop being predictable (as well as the Auto ANC setting to effectively turn ANC off regardless of the surrounding noise level). Hopefully the next software update fixes this.

Feb 10, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #1,285 of 2,202
newbie here and just registered to post on these headphones wear sensor (had the headphones for about two weeks and using them with a Samsung Note 10 plus phone)

What ive noticed with the wear sensor is that they work flawlessly the first time in the day you use the headphones ... the problem comes in when you have the headphones sitting on your head for a long period of time. There is a point where it wont work (i.e. removing headphone from your head or lifting an earcup wont pause the music neither changing any setting in the app will help). When the feature is broken, changing wear sensor settings on the app you do see the headphones acknowledging the changes - status lights turning on (if wear sensor is turned off) and status lights off (if wear sensor is turned on). If you leave the headphones unused for a period of time pick them up and use them wear sensors work again ... until some time it stops (and the cycle will continue)

Fiddling around i see the wear sensors are in the soft pads of the headphone. Try this ... with the headphones off your head (and when the feature is working) if you push either of the pads in it will mimic the headphones being on your head and will continue playing your music ... release, and it will pause play. Which makes me think the sensors get "sticky" with long periods of usage !? well that the hypothesis im going with ... a hardware flaw ... Question though is this happening for everyone or just a few of us? you need to have had a lengthy listening session to test this, listening for few minutes will have working wear sensors.

I had the same issue as yours. I think it could be a design flaw. My first pair of PX7 work better with the left sensor than the right, my 2nd pair is quite consistent, but like u said the sensor stop working after some time wearing, but i notice that if heat built up the sensor is less responsive, not sure if respiration or heat affected the sensor

Feb 13, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #1,289 of 2,202
Anyone else noticed when your headphones hit 88% it gives you a low battery warning of 8%... Then few seconds later its all ok reporting proper battery levels
Nope, have never received that error!

You may want to try a factory reset. I had to reset mine out of the box because of connection issues. Seems many units ship out a little buggy, but a full reset seems to do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back