Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
Nov 27, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #2,806 of 2,912
That was my thought also but several posters on here have mentioned a MkII version with the hard case.
I've had 3 pairs of the soft case version and now 2 pairs of the hard case version and there is definitely a difference in the amount of padding in the headband. there is more padding and its a bit wider. It also feels like the ear cups are a bit more padded too.

Nov 27, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #2,807 of 2,912
I've had 3 pairs of the soft case version and now 2 pairs of the hard case version and there is definitely a difference in the amount of padding in the headband. there is more padding and its a bit wider. It also feels like the ear cups are a bit more padded too.

Great, thanks for the extra info. I don't mean to pry but may I ask why you've had so many pairs of these headphones? Is there an inherent problem with them or have you just been unlucky? I've had mine nearly 2 years with no real issue other than the headband loosened off but after a further discussion with Bowers & Wilkins they advised just to squeeze the ear cups together to bend the metal in the headband which increased the clamping pressure.

Nov 27, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #2,808 of 2,912
Great, thanks for the extra info. I don't mean to pry but may I ask why you've had so many pairs of these headphones? Is there an inherent problem with them or have you just been unlucky? I've had mine nearly 2 years with no real issue other than the headband loosened off but after a further discussion with Bowers & Wilkins they advised just to squeeze the ear cups together to bend the metal in the headband which increased the clamping pressure.
Ha, yes. Partly because I can’t make up my mind and partly because of other issues. I started with the P7W which I’d had since they were released and loved them. Then a few months ago decided to change to the PX for the ANC, I got them from Amazon warehouse deals, the box was damaged but they were basically new and came with the soft case. I really liked them. Appreciated the extra clarity and preferred the sound profile. Then a few weeks after getting them B&W announced the PX7 so ended up sending the PX back to amazon. Once I’d got the PX7 I found them very uncomfortable and was not a fan of the way they sounded. Much preferred the way the PX sounded. So re-ordered the PX (again from amazon warehouse). Was quite happy with them but soon realised I had paid for them using my company credit card , so again had to send them back and re-order. The replacement pair had a broken volume button, so sent them back. This time ordered a new pair as amazon had discounted them for Black Friday. The pair I received were the new version with the hard case, it was immediately apparent that there was more padding on the headband. Anyway I ended up getting these replaced because of the loose nylon on the headband. The replacements are better and probably going to be the ones I end up keeping.

Nov 27, 2019 at 6:56 AM Post #2,809 of 2,912
Ha, yes. Partly because I can’t make up my mind and partly because of other issues. I started with the P7W which I’d had since they were released and loved them. Then a few months ago decided to change to the PX for the ANC, I got them from Amazon warehouse deals, the box was damaged but they were basically new and came with the soft case. I really liked them. Appreciated the extra clarity and preferred the sound profile. Then a few weeks after getting them B&W announced the PX7 so ended up sending the PX back to amazon. Once I’d got the PX7 I found them very uncomfortable and was not a fan of the way they sounded. Much preferred the way the PX sounded. So re-ordered the PX (again from amazon warehouse). Was quite happy with them but soon realised I had paid for them using my company credit card , so again had to send them back and re-order. The replacement pair had a broken volume button, so sent them back. This time ordered a new pair as amazon had discounted them for Black Friday. The pair I received were the new version with the hard case, it was immediately apparent that there was more padding on the headband. Anyway I ended up getting these replaced because of the loose nylon on the headband. The replacements are better and probably going to be the ones I end up keeping.

Thanks for clarifying. As I said in a post further up B&W have said the loose material on the headband is there by design. I'll try to find the email they sent me and attach it here if I get it. I see they have been discounted by £110 but I cant justify buying another pair. I only really want the hard case to give them a bit more protection but it looks like it's only available direct from B&W or ordered by an authorised seller.

Nov 28, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #2,810 of 2,912
Well i need help. If i dont use my PX a week or more the pads gain mould stains?! i dont know how to call it. I have the PX since beggining and i never had a deep clean, can anyone help me how to make a proper deep clean on the leather? should i embbed them on water and soap and then treat the leather or something? Thanks in advance to the soul that can help me.

Nov 30, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #2,811 of 2,912
I would be very grateful for your kind assistance. I'm now in Thailand on holiday and on arrival I noticed that I've mislaid or lost my PX USB cable and wondering what my options are to be able to charge my PXs. If I purchased an auxiliary cable and plugged it into my PC would that charge the PXs? If so, is the PX auxiliary socket a standard size? Many thanks in advance.

Nov 30, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #2,812 of 2,912
I would be very grateful for your kind assistance. I'm now in Thailand on holiday and on arrival I noticed that I've mislaid or lost my PX USB cable and wondering what my options are to be able to charge my PXs. If I purchased an auxiliary cable and plugged it into my PC would that charge the PXs? If so, is the PX auxiliary socket a standard size? Many thanks in advance.
No, I don't think a aux cable will be able to charge the PX, look for a USB-C to USB-A cable.

Nov 30, 2019 at 4:40 AM Post #2,815 of 2,912
If there's a supermarket with an electronics section, you might be lucky.

Many thanks, wheelhot, you're a star.

Shows how much I know about USB adaptors. I really didn't think it was a generic adaptor but what do I know. Anyway bought this 3-in-1 and works a treat and all for about £3.40 from the local 7-Eleven.

Have a great weekend, sir.

IMG_1871.JPG

Dec 3, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #2,816 of 2,912
Guys, I need some help. I just got the PX and I am loving it. However, I am getting random cutouts in sound. is this to be expected form a BT headphone, or should I exchange it? Please, help me as the warranty does have a limit.

Thank you!

Dec 3, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #2,817 of 2,912
Guys, I need some help. I just got the PX and I am loving it. However, I am getting random cutouts in sound. is this to be expected form a BT headphone, or should I exchange it? Please, help me as the warranty does have a limit.

Thank you!

If you have one of the apps installed, either the original PX app or the new version that was released with the PX7s then you should check the sensitivity of the Wear Sensor. "If PX is pausing abnormally while on your head, switch to More. If PX fails to pause when you pull an ear cup off your head, switch to Less". Hair length and if you wear glasses can also cause problems with abnormal pausing as well. It may not necessarily be Bluetooth related.

Dec 3, 2019 at 7:24 AM Post #2,818 of 2,912
If you have one of the apps installed, either the original PX app or the new version that was released with the PX7s then you should check the sensitivity of the Wear Sensor. "If PX is pausing abnormally while on your head, switch to More. If PX fails to pause when you pull an ear cup off your head, switch to Less". Hair length and if you wear glasses can also cause problems with abnormal pausing as well. It may not necessarily be Bluetooth related.

Thank you for answering!
I am using the PX app and have that function completely turned off, precisely because I'd read that it was a bit finicky.

The cutouts just happen while I'm walking down the street with my phone in my pocket. I've read that other frequencies can interfere with your connection. I am just wondering if it should be happening this often. This morning, it happened on the train and while I walked on the street. Yesterday, it happened while I walked back home and then on the way to the gym. Is it normal for BT headphones to cut out like that or should I exchange my PX?

Thank you!

Dec 3, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #2,819 of 2,912
Thank you for answering!
I am using the PX app and have that function completely turned off, precisely because I'd read that it was a bit finicky.

The cutouts just happen while I'm walking down the street with my phone in my pocket. I've read that other frequencies can interfere with your connection. I am just wondering if it should be happening this often. This morning, it happened on the train and while I walked on the street. Yesterday, it happened while I walked back home and then on the way to the gym. Is it normal for BT headphones to cut out like that or should I exchange my PX?

Thank you!

I usually have my Wear Sensor set to "More" as I wear glasses and have longer hair & it works very well when listening in the office with several colleagues also listening to bluetooth headsets. If my music pauses when streaming it is usually network related, offline music generally doesn't pause but I couldn't really advise you on what your specific issue is. Have you tried connecting them to another source to see if the problem follows? A relative's phone or perhaps your laptop for example? That way you could eliminate whether it is your phone or the headphones. What happens if you turn off Bluetooth completely and connect them using the 3.5mm audio cable that was bundled with the headphones? Do you still get audio dropouts then? Depending on where you bought them from and their returns policy you could possibly send them back for a refund or you could contact Bowers & Wilkins directly. I have contacted them several times and they have answered very quickly. They may ask you to send them in to be investigated and should then be able to advise you whether the headphones are faulty or not. I would definitely suggest playing around with the Wear Sensor in the app however rather than just turning it off because you have "read that it was a bit finicky". Different people have different sensitivity levels and what is "finicky" for one person may be acceptable to another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back