Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
Mar 2, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #1,938 of 2,912
What's the best song that will really bring out the SQ with the new update and all?

So far, I've played Fresh Eyes by Andy Grammar which is widely used as one of the sample songs on Bose QC 35 ii's at Best Buy's floor displays here in California. No comparison!

Mar 3, 2018 at 12:53 AM Post #1,940 of 2,912
Did the update yesterday.
Used wearsensor att more, none of the other ever worked for me.
Since I have more, I have to take the hf off completely to make the music stop.

After this update I tried normal, lifted one earcup a bit, the music stopped, yeey.
Never got this to work at any level before.

But later the dame day I was doing some cooking, the music stopped for no reason, the hf even turned them selves off completely once.
This on wearsensor normal, had to set it to more again.
Works better, but need to take them off for music to pause.
Do I need a reset or what?

Some of you says wearsensor works great after update, but not for me, why????

Mar 3, 2018 at 4:45 AM Post #1,941 of 2,912
Did the update yesterday.
Used wearsensor att more, none of the other ever worked for me.
Since I have more, I have to take the hf off completely to make the music stop.

After this update I tried normal, lifted one earcup a bit, the music stopped, yeey.
Never got this to work at any level before.

But later the dame day I was doing some cooking, the music stopped for no reason, the hf even turned them selves off completely once.
This on wearsensor normal, had to set it to more again.
Works better, but need to take them off for music to pause.
Do I need a reset or what?

Some of you says wearsensor works great after update, but not for me, why????

My sensors work pretty well most of the time but occasionally they play up. I've found the best thing to do when this happens is to remove the magnetic right earpad and press the reboot button. Whenever I've adjusted the settings in the App it hasn't helped for long and its easier to press the reboot button anyway.
It's not a good idea to turn the headphones on when they are already on your head either. Turn them on and give the sensors a few seconds to calibrate then put them on. It was tech support that told me to do this and it seems to help.

Mar 5, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #1,942 of 2,912
anyone use these with the LG V30 - I am wondering how the aptx hd sounds. I'm looking for some good sounding Bluetooth headphones which also have half descent noise cancelling. For reference my current headphones are the audeze isine 10 and hifiman edition x v2 both of which I run off my LG V30. Would these be the ones to buy or something else ?

Mar 5, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #1,943 of 2,912
anyone use these with the LG V30 - I am wondering how the aptx hd sounds. I'm looking for some good sounding Bluetooth headphones which also have half descent noise cancelling. For reference my current headphones are the audeze isine 10 and hifiman edition x v2 both of which I run off my LG V30. Would these be the ones to buy or something else ?

I do and while they will not beat your Audeze/Hifiman nor my Focal Elear when used wired, they do sound awesome over Aptx-HD, and audibly better than via regular Aptx on my Note8

Mar 5, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #1,944 of 2,912

If you wear glasses, audition or trial them for a bit. If you don't wear glasses, they sound fantastic with good ANC.

Mar 5, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #1,945 of 2,912
My sensors work pretty well most of the time but occasionally they play up. I've found the best thing to do when this happens is to remove the magnetic right earpad and press the reboot button. Whenever I've adjusted the settings in the App it hasn't helped for long and its easier to press the reboot button anyway.
It's not a good idea to turn the headphones on when they are already on your head either. Turn them on and give the sensors a few seconds to calibrate then put them on. It was tech support that told me to do this and it seems to help.

I’ve tried that now.
Doesn’t seem to work either.
Put them on normal again today, stops playing if I just turn my head.
Sometimes it start playing again, sometimes not.
Maybe some other fault with mine then, maybe I’ll return them...

Mar 5, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #1,946 of 2,912
I’ve tried that now.
Doesn’t seem to work either.
Put them on normal again today, stops playing if I just turn my head.
Sometimes it start playing again, sometimes not.
Maybe some other fault with mine then, maybe I’ll return them...

Hmm, mime played up twice yesterday. Since the update the reboot doesnt seem to do do the trick. It seems more of a problem when I've had them on for a long time like well over an hour. The first time I done a factory reset with the app which worked. For an hour or so. I don't want to do that all the time. The second time I got away with a power off and on and wiping the sensor through the cloth. Maybe temperature or condensation are playing a part??
On the middle setting they just wouldn't turn off completely removed. I've had to set them to sensitive and when I've been using them for a long time one side lifted isn't enough to stop music playing, completely removing them seems to work though...just.
Mine seem more problematic since the update. The sensor saga continues.roll on the next update.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #1,947 of 2,912
Hmm, mime played up twice yesterday. Since the update the reboot doesnt seem to do do the trick. It seems more of a problem when I've had them on for a long time like well over an hour. The first time I done a factory reset with the app which worked. For an hour or so. I don't want to do that all the time. The second time I got away with a power off and on and wiping the sensor through the cloth. Maybe temperature or condensation are playing a part??
On the middle setting they just wouldn't turn off completely removed. I've had to set them to sensitive and when I've been using them for a long time one side lifted isn't enough to stop music playing, completely removing them seems to work though...just.
Mine seem more problematic since the update. The sensor saga continues.roll on the next update.
Why not just turn the sensor off? Headphone listening worked for people long before these new features were brought in as bells and whistles. I sometimes think they invent a problem to solve to simply have innovations that they can tout as useful features, but I am curious how necessary this feature is. Could you live without it for instance?

Mar 5, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #1,948 of 2,912
Why not just turn the sensor off? Headphone listening worked for people long before these new features were brought in as bells and whistles. I sometimes think they invent a problem to solve to simply have innovations that they can tout as useful features, but I am curious how necessary this feature is. Could you live without it for instance?

Hehe, yes you’re correct.
But since Im sitting in a pretty open officespace, with regular conversations with my collegues it is a nice feature to have.

If the feature is there, it should work much better I think.
Always turn it of when walking outside, doesn’t seem to work at all outside for me.

Mar 5, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #1,950 of 2,912
Yeah I feel like the sensor is better for me as well. I don't know if it's my head playing tricks but the soundstage and presentation feels more open. It could be placebo but I do kinda feel like it might actually be there.

Or maybe some of the changes increased my ability to localize sounds.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back