Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
Dec 8, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #1,426 of 2,912
How does switching between iPhone/ iPad and MacBook work? I am reluctant to connect to 4 devices if i have to disable Bluetooth every time to switch between iPhone and iPad or MacBook. There must be an intelligent way to do this. The manual does not answer this question.

You can pair with all of them and at least for me it connects automatically to the last used device even if the other devices are around and on (it might be that it connects to the first paired devide, I haven't checked this carefully). If I want to change I just go to the bluetooth setting of the device I want to use and select connect, it then uses that one instead. It would in principle be more convenient if it connected to all devices and picked the one that played some sound, but I guess this would be quite confusing as well.

Dec 8, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #1,427 of 2,912
If you’re connected to two devices and a sound plays on one of them, any audio sessions (music, video, etc.) on your second device will pause. A bit annoying since you have to put your phone on mute to avoid notifications constantly pausing your music.

If you don’t want to do that, you can disconnect from the current paired device right from the headphone by briefly holding the power button.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #1,429 of 2,912
Thx. Something odd has happened. The light is blue, but no connection. Tried everything including reset w/ paperclip but cannot get headphone into pairing mode. Right earcup develops a very hot spot righ above the buttons.

Dec 8, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #1,430 of 2,912
Thx. Something odd has happened. The light is blue, but no connection. Tried everything including reset w/ paperclip but cannot get headphone into pairing mode. Right earcup develops a very hot spot righ above the buttons.

Is that where the battery is? I'd return if so. Overheating batteries worry me.

Dec 9, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #1,432 of 2,912
BTW, I have never been able to get my Macbook Pro to recognize the PX over Bluetooth even after disabling my phone. Anyone else having issues with this?
You might try toggling Bluetooth off and then on again (on your MBP) while the PX is in pairing mode. Also, if it pairs but you don’t hear any audio through it, make sure to verify in Prefs > Sounds that output is set to PX.

Dec 9, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #1,433 of 2,912
Picked up replacement today. Initial pairing was quicker, so something definitely was wrong with the first pair. Let’s hope these ones will perform flawlessly

Dec 10, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #1,437 of 2,912
Audio.de have reviewed the PX with a score of 74/100 ('Sehr gut' - Very good). The same issue of the magazine also review the new Beyerdynamic Aventho and it receives 85/100 ('Überragend' - Outstanding).

Dec 10, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #1,438 of 2,912
Audio.de have reviewed the PX with a score of 74/100 ('Sehr gut' - Very good). The same issue of the magazine also review the new Beyerdynamic Aventho and it receives 85/100 ('Überragend' - Outstanding).

Wow, I had no idea Beyerdynamic made a wireless headphone. For On-Ear cans those are seriously expensive, though the custom sound profile in the companion app seems like an interesting feature. Guess I'll keep an eye out for an Over-Ear model in the future.

Dec 10, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #1,440 of 2,912
Hi guys, yesterday I picked up the replacement PX after returning the first pair because it just dead. The lows of the px seem much less present than in the p5 series 2. Will this change after burn in or is the sound signature different?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back