Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
Oct 20, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #631 of 2,912
Hey everyone. I started a thread under the recommendations section, but I'm curious what you'd pick if it were between the PX and P7 for hip-hop/rap and EDM music? I ordered the P7 this morning but noticed a little bit ago that they're not even sold on B&W's website anymore as they've been replaced with the PX, so I cancelled my order. Any feedback would be great! :L3000:

From my experiences, it depends on how much you like your bass. While both headphones are considered V-shaped in their frequency response the P7 Wireless (P7W) emphasizes the bass even more.

If I only listened to EDM and Hip-Hop, then I would choose the P7W headphones. I love me some bass when listening to those genres and P7W delivers with tight, fast, and up front bass. The PX, while having better clarity, soundstage, and less recessed mids, don't give me the same tingly feeling like when I listen to the beat drop on the P7W.

This is only comparing the SQ in two genres for me. My opinions regarding build quality, features, and different types of music all favor the PX over the P7W.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #632 of 2,912
From my experiences, it depends on how much you like your bass. While both headphones are considered V-shaped in their frequency response the P7 Wireless (P7W) emphasizes the bass even more.

If I only listened to EDM and Hip-Hop, then I would choose the P7W headphones. I love me some bass when listening to those genres and P7W delivers with tight, fast, and up front bass. The PX, while having better clarity, soundstage, and less recessed mids, don't give me the same tingly feeling like when I listen to the beat drop on the P7W.

This is only comparing the SQ in two genres for me. My opinions regarding build quality, features, and different types of music all favor the PX over the P7W.
P7W it is then. Thanks!

Oct 20, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #638 of 2,912
Here is a US dealer for Bowers & Wilkins that I have always been able to negotiate a good discount on stuff. I've gotten my Bowers & Wilkins 600 series surround from them as well as my Rotel AVR and amps, Oppo blue ray, Kuro plasm, and my Project record player from them. I've even gotten my P7's from them as well. I probably would've bought the PX from them, however I'm impatient so I just ordered from Amazon. Also I didn't want to go there and get tempted to uprade my speakers to the new 700 series since the price they'll likely offer me is a price I couldn't refuse.

http://www.audiovideotoday.com/

Oct 20, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #640 of 2,912
Can anyone give me a size comparison between the P7W and PX as I find the P7's a bit bulky for daily travelling, although they are way more comfortable and better sounding sonically than the Sony 1000X. I currently use the sony's for commuting for ANC and the P7W for watching TV or casual listening over bluetooth but Intrigued by the PX's as they could replace both of these headphones for me.

Oct 21, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #642 of 2,912
Local shop in Croatia has P7W on discount.
https://sonusart.hr/slusalice/bezicne-slusalice/bowers-willkins-p7-bezicne.html
I've just checked their terms and they offer shipping arrangements to other countries but you'll have to contact them. Discounted price is roughly 300€.
I hope it helps...

I managed to get a pair of P7W for AU$410 via a 20% eBay promo discount recently - it was actually a week before the PX were released, but I’m more than happy with the P7W, as it’s a upgrade from my P5W.

The store itself has them priced at AU$509 normally....

https://www.napf.com.au/products/pr...ss-headphones-p7-wireless-bwp7btblk/bwp7btblk

Oct 21, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #643 of 2,912
For those considering the PX against competitors and/or if you had the PSB M4U2s, they have a new version coming out and it sounds like they they fixed all of the M4U2s problems - to this day, I still listen to mine as they sound so great, although my P7Ws are better.

Oct 21, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #644 of 2,912
Sold my P7W and just received the PX today here in Denmark. First impression is that they doesn't seem as fit and tight in the build as the P7W - don't know if it's because of the way they turn instead of fold.

I'll write more when I have had a chance to listen to them :)

Oct 21, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #645 of 2,912
I think mine are faulty - I had a hard time getting them paired with my iPhone - tried charging them, resetting them with a small pin inside the ear cup - it just blinks blue - and when I try to hold the button in it doesn't go into pair mode.

Then I tried "resetting" them by holding the volume down button + the power button in - and then I finally was able to connect to my phone. But after 5-10 minutes, it loses connection, and when I try to turn them back on, they don't reconnect to my phone...

Tried the volume+power/pair trick and was able to repair them - tried opening the B&W app, but they don't connect inside there either - and when I try to let the music play then loses connection after a few minutes :frowning2:

Didn't have any problems with my P7W...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back