Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
Oct 11, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #286 of 2,912
Similar issue here too
This is a bit of a pain as they only seem to go flat when you fully extend them which is totally counter-productive. Personally I prefer the hard cases like with the Bose/Sony - I wonder if a third party one is available that would fit hem?

Oct 11, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #287 of 2,912
This is a bit of a pain as they only seem to go flat when you fully extend them which is totally counter-productive. Personally I prefer the hard cases like with the Bose/Sony - I wonder if a third party one is available that would fit hem?
The case seems to be the exact same one that comes with the p5w, and the PX has larger earcups so I guess it's a matter of them being forced into the bag and the tendency of the headband to retain it's wide shape after being used for some time doesn’t help.

Oct 11, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #289 of 2,912
Could anyone confirm that it is not possible to put them in the case completely flat. The earcups are at an angle with mine.

Not too bothered by that. Even inside the case you can still somewhat straighten them. And putting them into my laptop bag ultimately flattens them anyway.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #294 of 2,912
No, it doesn't work unfortunately - the headphones try to draw too much power from the phone.

It does however work fine from a Galaxy S8 or Note 8..

Oct 11, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #296 of 2,912
Doesn't work with an iPad Pro 10.5 either

It's not a matter of drawing too much power. It's that iDevices have no support for USB audio out (they support Lightning audio out but the PX doesn't) .. Most recent Galaxy devices do have USB audio out however...

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #297 of 2,912
For those of you who own these, I'm curious about the comfort. As someone with big ears who wears glasses, comfort is a big deal. I tried the Beats Studio 3 and my ears were killing me a short time so I returned them. How are these comfort-wise and how is the clamping?

Oct 11, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #298 of 2,912
Hi, i'm a P7W owner. I really love their sound signature.
I'm very curious and interested on the PXs, mainly because of the Battery life Improvements and the aptx hd.
I haven't been able to find any side by side comparison with videos of pictures between the PX and the P7W. Can someone that have both. Do a little comparison in terms of comfort earcup size, ect.?

Oct 11, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #299 of 2,912
It's not a matter of drawing too much power. It's that iDevices have no support for USB audio out (they support Lightning audio out but the PX doesn't) .. Most recent Galaxy devices do have USB audio out however...

Then it’s possible, perhaps, that the PX would work with the clunky Apple CCK cable which plugs into the Lightning port and provides a USB-A port and is compatible with most DACs that provide a standard USB Audio interface. I’m not suggesting that is an elegant solution, mind you.

Oct 11, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #300 of 2,912
Hi, i'm a P7W owner. I really love their sound signature.
I'm very curious and interested on the PXs, mainly because of the Battery life Improvements and the aptx hd.
I haven't been able to find any side by side comparison with videos of pictures between the PX and the P7W. Can someone that have both. Do a little comparison in terms of comfort earcup size, ect.?

I have made such pics at the Oct. 7 hp event in Rotterdam, I need to write a review of all I tested with pics.
As far as I can remember, there was not more space inside them with the P7W and the clamping force seemed reduced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back