Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
Mar 3, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #1,051 of 1,955
What does that have to do with audio issues? That's not how Bluetooth works to my understanding.  :)

Mar 3, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #1,052 of 1,955
Resetting the Bluetooth, seems to have cleared up the audio issues I thought was happening to my pair, the sound seems to have improved, for me at least.

Maybe it was an issue on my end, however, the sound stage, and bass is back to where it should be. Worth a try, if you don't think your P7 wireless are not sounding quite right.

It cleared the muddled sound up for me.
Bugs can happen in electronics, especially software. It makes perfect sense to reset settings, after a firmware update.
I think it wasn't playing in AptX codec, until I reset the settings, and this explains the sound degredation, I was having. And this is why I recommend trying it. :wink:

Mar 4, 2017 at 7:18 AM Post #1,053 of 1,955
Resetting the Bluetooth, seems to have cleared up the audio issues I thought was happening to my pair, the sound seems to have improved, for me at least.

Maybe it was an issue on my end, however, the sound stage, and bass is back to where it should be. Worth a try, if you don't think your P7 wireless are not sounding quite right.

It cleared the muddled sound up for me.
Bugs can happen in electronics, especially software. It makes perfect sense to reset settings, after a firmware update.
I think it wasn't playing in AptX codec, until I reset the settings, and this explains the sound degredation, I was having. And this is why I recommend trying it. :wink:

So in the manual I only find reboot and clear pairings... And not resetting the Bluetooth... Or is that the reboot?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #1,054 of 1,955
Guys I have a problem with my P7Ws. I think they are amazing but for the past 3-4 days when I turn them on, I can't hear that audible feedback indicating that they are on. No audible feedback when they are connected to a bluetooth device either. All those sounds are gone. The headphones still work, it turns on and connects to the latest bluetooth device, but I cannot hear audible feedback when they do.

Anyone else had the same problem before?

Mar 4, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #1,055 of 1,955
  Guys I have a problem with my P7Ws. I think they are amazing but for the past 3-4 days when I turn them on, I can't hear that audible feedback indicating that they are on. No audible feedback when they are connected to a bluetooth device either. All those sounds are gone. The headphones still work, it turns on and connects to the latest bluetooth device, but I cannot hear audible feedback when they do.

Anyone else had the same problem before?

I have and it had me stumped for a while - you need to press the 'play' and 'volume up' buttons at the same time, whilst they're on, to turn the sounds back on again.

Mar 4, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #1,058 of 1,955
I'm thinking of also taking bowers & wilkins c5 and for when I can not be with massive p7 ... what do you think !? do you know them? you have more in the ear? sorry OT!
P7 are not big or maybe Im big.

Mar 5, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #1,059 of 1,955
P7 are not big or maybe Im big.

I'll explain: when working and listening a music, happens to arrive people or customers, with p7 i can seem too distracted from my work, c5 or other earbuds are less invasive. because now p7 has "spoiled" me (with its great sound), now I try a pair of ear able to make the slightest lack! .... The c5 are not cheap but I know who play with a similar signature to p7 .... you know other solutions?

Mar 5, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #1,060 of 1,955
I'm interested to know how people are using these headphones. Are they too big for wearing while out and about, say walking around? When dropped around the neck, do the earcups lie flat?

I have, and am happy with, the P5 wireless, which are much smaller...But will consider the P7 wireless if they'll work for portable use, not be too bulky.

Thanks in advance!

I wear them around the house when I work from home. I bought them for travel. I spend a lot of time in airports and on airplanes. So I wear it for those travel purposes. I haven't walked around the city with them on. I don't think they are too bit for that purpose. It's just that I don't want to attract any attention to my headphones when I'm in the city, and I like to be able to better hear my surroundings when I'm out walking.

Mar 9, 2017 at 1:25 AM Post #1,061 of 1,955

I was almost sure these would be my next set of headphones. Then I read this thread and saw that some people feel they fall short in comfort. After owning three headphones back to back which I found uncomfortable (including the Sennheiser HD 650) I vowed that I would place more of a premium on comfort. Would you say P7 is more, less or just about as (un)comfortable as the 650? If they're about the same or worse, forget it. My search will continue. 

Mar 9, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #1,062 of 1,955
I was almost sure these would be my next set of headphones. Then I read this thread and saw that some people feel they fall short in comfort. After owning three headphones back to back which I found uncomfortable (including the Sennheiser HD 650) I vowed that I would place more of a premium on comfort. Would you say P7 is more, less or just about as (un)comfortable as the 650? If they're about the same or worse, forget it. My search will continue. 
thats HF.

Mar 9, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #1,063 of 1,955

The main problem I found was with their clamping force which over prolonged listening would create discomfort due to the pressure.

I very nearly sent them back in favour of the Onkyo H500BT's which sound surprisingly similar but are more comfortable and much less expensive.

I then read from another member that they had solved the discomfort of the P7's by stretching them over a box over night. I decided to do the same and after 4 nights of stretching over a fairly large box they've become much much more comfortable!

They're by no means the most comfortable I've tried but far from the worst, and I can now happily wear them for hours on end! The only downside is that they fail to stay on your head as securely as they did before, so it depends on how you intend to wear them? For me I only wear them in the house and most of the time while I'm sitting still, but if you planned on jogging with them or something similar then you might have problems after stretching them!

I am actually working on fitting replacement pads which have dramatically improved their comfort! I'll be posting an update soon!

Mar 9, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #1,064 of 1,955

I have both the HD650 and the P7W and to me both are OK even for longer listening periods, but with a slight edge towards the HD650 regarding comfort. They fit quite differently on your head though so it might be that others prefer the P7W over the HD650 for comfort. They are both much better than the P5 though that I can hardly use due to discomfort. The most comfortable headphone I own is the Hifiman HE-400i, which is in a different league comfort wise, but you can't use such an open sound leaking headphone in public.

Mar 10, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #1,065 of 1,955

I have both the HD650 and the P7W and to me both are OK even for longer listening periods, but with a slight edge towards the HD650 regarding comfort. They fit quite differently on your head though so it might be that others prefer the P7W over the HD650 for comfort. They are both much better than the P5 though that I can hardly use due to discomfort. The most comfortable headphone I own is the Hifiman HE-400i, which is in a different league comfort wise, but you can't use such an open sound leaking headphone in public.

How is the P7W in comparison to the HD 650 based on sound quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back