Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
Feb 1, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #934 of 1,955
I'll explain: rolling, but decomposed, unpleasant, with a significant distortion in volume a bit 'higher. Have you noticed this effect? ps try the song "demons" or "love the way you lie" tell me what you think

Yes, the P7 bass can be boomy on **some** songs, depending on the mix/studio master and/or the particular bass tone in the song in question. I think you will get this type of variation no matter what headphones you use. Some songs will sound fantastic, others not so much. I find the vast majority of music sounds fantastic on the P7, so I can't ask for much more.

Feb 1, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #935 of 1,955
Yes, the P7 bass can be boomy on **some** songs, depending on the mix/studio master and/or the particular bass tone in the song in question. I think you will get this type of variation no matter what headphones you use. Some songs will sound fantastic, others not so much. I find the vast majority of music sounds fantastic on the P7, so I can't ask for much more.

Thank you for the reply. in some songs, even with bass, p7 is divine, probably depends on the quality of the song and not the headset! I would like to ask you a question: do you think the soundstage of p7 for a closed headphone is large, medium or small? .... I will sell pm-3 to my brother because too congested ... I took these p7 because I remembered a big soundstage ... but then qc35 looked just as great, and even dt770pro in a bit better .... the sound of but p7 is thick, creamy and tasty! what do you think about it?

Feb 1, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #936 of 1,955
I would like to ask you a question: do you think the soundstage of p7 for a closed headphone is large, medium or small?

I haven't owned many closed headphones and no open headphones, so I don't have much of a reference point from which to judge. I will say the P7 has the widest soundstage of any headphones I've owned. I would definitely not call it small.

These are definitely the best-sounding headphones I've ever owned. Bonus that they're wireless! I just couldn't stand being tethered by a cable anymore. Shipped my ATH-M50 off to an eBay buyer yesterday. It's exciting to know that as good as the P7 wireless is, wireless headphones are just going to keep getting better and better.

(I just bought my wife a pair of P5 Wireless too.)

Feb 1, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #938 of 1,955
I haven't owned many closed headphones and no open headphones, so I don't have much of a reference point from which to judge. I will say the P7 has the widest soundstage of any headphones I've owned. I would definitely not call it small.

These are definitely the best-sounding headphones I've ever owned. Bonus that they're wireless! I just couldn't stand being tethered by a cable anymore. Shipped my ATH-M50 off to an eBay buyer yesterday. It's exciting to know that as good as the P7 wireless is, wireless headphones are just going to keep getting better and better.

(I just bought my wife a pair of P5 Wireless too.)

then after some time, his wife will p7w and thou shalt take the p9! ihihi p7 large pair of headphones, damn b & w to 60 days to evaluate! you undertake to find a flaw in this time! damn! Now for example the bow seems to push a bit 'too much on the top of my head!

Feb 1, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #939 of 1,955
I use the P7 with my Hugo, Mojo, Centrance Hifi8, Cowon, X5III with their EQ with hass being boosted. I EQ the Hugo for more bass. Eq the Hifi 8 aswell. Cowon and x5III I add an anp to them

Feb 2, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #940 of 1,955
I'll explain: rolling, but decomposed, unpleasant, with a significant distortion in volume a bit 'higher. Have you noticed this effect? ps try the song "demons" or "love the way you lie" tell me what you think

Ok, I finally listened to these songs via Spotify premium a MacBook Air and AptX bluetooth. I take it you mean Imagine Dragons - Demon and Eminem feat. Rihanna - Love the Way You Lie.

To be dead honest, these tracks did not sound good or fun on these cans, I agree with you there. Especially Demons..sound quite horrible I think. But the bass here s kind of shallow and lossy in the first place, and did not pair well with the P7w sound signature. Could these be a good example of typical crappy mastering ?

Love the Way You Lie fares much better in my opinion, not super punchy and clean bass but much better indeed. 

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #941 of 1,955
Ok, I finally listened to these songs via Spotify premium a MacBook Air and AptX bluetooth. I take it you mean Imagine Dragons - Demon and Eminem feat. Rihanna - Love the Way You Lie.

To be dead honest, these tracks did not sound good or fun on these cans, I agree with you there. Especially Demons..sound quite horrible I think. But the bass here s kind of shallow and lossy in the first place, and did not pair well with the P7w sound signature. Could these be a good example of typical crappy mastering ?

Love the Way You Lie fares much better in my opinion, not super punchy and clean bass but much better indeed. 

thank you, then it's not fault the my p7w! Demons looks nice but really has a bad sound output through headphones! yes, the song of Eminem sounds really better! ..... Update: I have never believed in the burn headphones, but after keeping them connected to 15/20 hours iPad I find the sound much more "digestible" less edgy, I found the p7 I remembered (my old p7 wired! ) do not believe the history of the brain as it adapts to listening, because I have not heard in those hours iPad with headphones connected .... now I just hope to soften the upper arch ....

Feb 2, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #942 of 1,955
Wow.  Demons just sounds like a horrible mastering/recording.  Love the Way You Lie isn't too bad.  Try "Down" by Marian Hill.  It's the song in the new Apple commercial for the Airpods.  There is a strange ticking near the beginning and in a few other quiet parts of the song, but otherwise I think it's a solid song that sounds great on these and demonstrates a wide range of their capabilities.  I love the little tapping that flows around you just after 2:00.  I will admit now some of the bass after that is a touch muddy.  Another one to try is "The Train" by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.

Man I love these cans.  I'm contemplating bailing on the P9's and just keeping these.

Feb 2, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #944 of 1,955
Wow.  Demons just sounds like a horrible mastering/recording.  Love the Way You Lie isn't too bad.  Try "Down" by Marian Hill.  It's the song in the new Apple commercial for the Airpods.  There is a strange ticking near the beginning and in a few other quiet parts of the song, but otherwise I think it's a solid song that sounds great on these and demonstrates a wide range of their capabilities.  I love the little tapping that flows around you just after 2:00.  I will admit now some of the bass after that is a touch muddy.  Another one to try is "The Train" by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.

Man I love these cans.  I'm contemplating bailing on the P9's and just keeping these.

hey the songs you suggested with p7 are fantastic !!! ....thank you! after a session of use, I confirm: the burn headphones exist! the sound is calibrated and harmonized! I believe that I will not make any return, are fantastic! The battery problem is overcome, so that these can last for 20 years, offering efficiency to 800 cycles of charging and single charge lasts me a week! P.S. I'm having this problem: I no longer feel the acoustic feedback when the headset connects to iPhone or iPad ... has happened to you?

Feb 2, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #945 of 1,955
Glad you enjoyed those tracks.  I am thinking we need to start making some collaborative playlists on Spotify among Head-Fi users!  I'm off to the Music section at lunch to look for such a thing.

I have not had any connection issues or lack of audio feedback for connections.  I get 1 or 2 hiccups in the first few seconds of playing and then all is fine for quite a range really.  The only minor gripe I have is when I hit the button to pause, it takes about 1-2 seconds for the music to stop.  Almost like it is being buffered in the headphones and so it empties the buffer.  This theory also fits with the skips in the first 1-2 seconds of playing sometimes.

I love these things though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back