Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
Feb 2, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #946 of 1,955
I use the P7 with my Hugo, Mojo, Centrance Hifi8, Cowon, X5III with their EQ with hass being boosted. I EQ the Hugo for more bass. Eq the Hifi 8 aswell. Cowon and x5III I add an anp to them

You bump up P7W bass even more?
Just another proof that asking other people "How does it sound?" has very little to no meaning 
smile.gif

For my ears the P7W bass is plenty and some more.

Feb 2, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #947 of 1,955
You bump up P7W bass even more?
Just another proof that asking other people "How does it sound?" has very little to no meaning :smile:
For my ears the P7W bass is plenty and some more.
and a bit more please.

Feb 2, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #948 of 1,955
Glad you enjoyed those tracks.  I am thinking we need to start making some collaborative playlists on Spotify among Head-Fi users!  I'm off to the Music section at lunch to look for such a thing.

I have not had any connection issues or lack of audio feedback for connections.  I get 1 or 2 hiccups in the first few seconds of playing and then all is fine for quite a range really.  The only minor gripe I have is when I hit the button to pause, it takes about 1-2 seconds for the music to stop.  Almost like it is being buffered in the headphones and so it empties the buffer.  This theory also fits with the skips in the first 1-2 seconds of playing sometimes.

I love these things though.

a playlist of head-fi wonderful idea! so we will have some references on the tracks that sound good and highlight the merits or faults of each headphone! big thing really! I want to understand the speech as audio feedback has never gone ....

Feb 2, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #949 of 1,955

Thank you for the reply. in some songs, even with bass, p7 is divine, probably depends on the quality of the song and not the headset! I would like to ask you a question: do you think the soundstage of p7 for a closed headphone is large, medium or small? .... I will sell pm-3 to my brother because too congested ... I took these p7 because I remembered a big soundstage ... but then qc35 looked just as great, and even dt770pro in a bit better .... the sound of but p7 is thick, creamy and tasty! what do you think about it?

I'll mirror a little of what has already been said.  I'm mostly an open-phone and speaker listener but really do enjoy the bass of the p7s.  On occasion I do hit trigger songs that make me temporarily reject the bottom end of the p7s and switch out for other phones or take a break.  I think it really is a matter of recording quality or some other quality of the track or just me fatiguing.  It isn't to say all or most bass-heavy songs.  I really haven't gotten to the bottom of it, but I do experience the same thing.

This happens on my mojo as well as over bluetooth.

I have some experience with closed phones including denon, aiaiai, shure and sennheiser.  I think soundstage is often the thing I miss most in closed-back headphones and these are amongst the widest/largest I've heard.  Overall these are the best closed-backs I've listened to.  I haven't heard any very high-end closed phones from the likes of Audeze, MrSpeakers or even the new NightOwls, but I intend to check them out soon, like this weekend 
atsmile.gif

Feb 2, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #950 of 1,955
Tyll just knocked of the Momentum 2s in his Wall of Fame, and put these in place. I definitely feel a bit more comfortable since I did not get a chance to audition the M2s when I bought the P7Ws. He calls them a "right in the middle" headphone in terms of its sound, being close to neutral with a midbass emphasis.

Feb 2, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #951 of 1,955
a playlist of head-fi wonderful idea! so we will have some references on the tracks that sound good and highlight the merits or faults of each headphone! big thing really! I want to understand the speech as audio feedback has never gone ....

I found a couple of threads.  I am currently working my way through this "Reference" list.  Some stuff is not for me, but they really do each bring out some phenomenal features of headphones.  I'm on my replacement P9's now (creaking ear cup on the first set) and I'm really blown away.

Feb 3, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #952 of 1,955
Tyll just knocked of the Momentum 2s in his Wall of Fame, and put these in place. I definitely feel a bit more comfortable since I did not get a chance to audition the M2s when I bought the P7Ws. He calls them a "right in the middle" headphone in terms of its sound, being close to neutral with a midbass emphasis.

I had the momentum over the ear 2.0 .... nice, but nothing more than that: OPPO pm-3 / classic P7 / p7w / Bose qc35 / beyedynamic DT770 pro .... Sennheiser are playing less "fun." Also the oppo seem boring, but offer a clean sound, detailed and defined that exceeds m2. those of the wider soundstage are the pros imho DT770 ... those movies with sound effects are those of qc35 .... more fun and balanced sound p7wired .... those that are sweeping away the p7w ... imho

Feb 3, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #953 of 1,955
hello guys: what are the differences between and p7w and BeoPlay h7? Parameters always: soundstage-bass-mids-hight which offer a more "fun listening" and "Sound as a cinema"? perhaps for this type of listening is best bose? (Or Sony mdr-1a)

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #955 of 1,955
hello guys: what are the differences between and p7w and BeoPlay h7? Parameters always: soundstage-bass-mids-hight which offer a more "fun listening" and "Sound as a cinema"? perhaps for this type of listening is best bose? (Or Sony mdr-1a)

The B&W has a more full and richer sound compared to the B&O in my opinion. And I liked my H7's - but the P7W are even better.

Feb 3, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #956 of 1,955

I have exactly the same problem. I've had mine for a couple of months now. The hissing noise (more like white noise to me) shows up in the exactly the same moment as you described which in my case is starting iTunes (Mac Pro). Once I start playing music I can't hear it anymore but probably not because it disappears but it's drawn out by music. It's not enough to bother me since I can't hear it while playing music but I do wonder if it does adversely affect the quality of music...

It would be great if B&W finds a fix for this.

I contacted the B&W support and they replied back telling me to send the unit in.
Debating whether to send it now that the white noise is becoming like a fly in the ointment when listening to classical music :frowning2:

Feb 4, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #957 of 1,955

Yeah I really enjoy watching his reviews,and here it is by the way for everyone elese to enjoy :)

Feb 4, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #958 of 1,955
Yeah I really enjoy watching his reviews,and here it is by the way for everyone elese to enjoy :)

I have decided to keep p7w than qc35 .... the sound is really sumptuous! Now the question I ask myself is whether the p7w return and take a oppo ha-2 for my pm-3, giving them another chance, or sell (or keep) Pm-3. and I enjoy the p7w? You think p7w will always be more fun and exciting of pm-3 regardless of agree / amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back