Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
Jun 16, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #1,336 of 1,955
I changed a set of P7W for new ones as I saw there is a design flaw compared to P5 and P7 wired (I suppose). The small cylindrical pieces that hold the pads, near magnets, break if stressed too much, and thought it changes the sound. Nonetheless, these actually feel they have less bass, or my ears already got a bit used to signature. I also discovered that by putting something in between pads and speaker makes the bass tighter and less muffled, cool. I decided to keep them. After listening to B&O H7, H8, H9 at a B&O experience shop, P7W have much much better treble, new level which I find it similar and nice like Grados.
I recommend them, clearly only bluetooth headphones to reproduce all frequency range beautifully. Maybe only Audio-Technical ATH-DSR9BT could do better, but are 50% more expensive already and feel and look cheaper.

Jun 16, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #1,337 of 1,955
I changed a set of P7W for new ones as I saw there is a design flaw compared to P5 and P7 wired (I suppose). The small cylindrical pieces that hold the pads, near magnets, break if stressed too much, and thought it changes the sound. Nonetheless, these actually feel they have less bass, or my ears already got a bit used to signature. I also discovered that by putting something in between pads and speaker makes the bass tighter and less muffled, cool. I decided to keep them. After listening to B&O H7, H8, H9 at a B&O experience shop, P7W have much much better treble, new level which I find it similar and nice like Grados.
I recommend them, clearly only bluetooth headphones to reproduce all frequency range beautifully. Maybe only Audio-Technical ATH-DSR9BT could do better, but are 50% more expensive already and feel and look cheaper.

2017-01-13-18-58-01--2129185967.jpeg

Jun 18, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #1,338 of 1,955

thanks. so you meant you replaced your first copy of P7W with a new set? on the otherhand, I might have my eyes set on the P7W for Christmas as I'm a little strapped to shell out $500 for the W's. I just got my amazing original wired set for almost a month now and I'm enjoying them a lot except for the occasional wire getting in the way kind of problems that I encounter regularly when I'm wearing wired phones. other than that, the sound is just beautiful listening to Cranberries Album.

Jun 19, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #1,339 of 1,955
thanks. so you meant you replaced your first copy of P7W with a new set? on the otherhand, I might have my eyes set on the P7W for Christmas as I'm a little strapped to shell out $500 for the W's. I just got my amazing original wired set for almost a month now and I'm enjoying them a lot except for the occasional wire getting in the way kind of problems that I encounter regularly when I'm wearing wired phones. other than that, the sound is just beautiful listening to Cranberries Album.

I think their price will slightly go down a bit till Christmas, though I would wonder then where is the catch. I already see them in The Netherlands in some places at even cheaper price than P7 wired. Tried some Cranberries yesterday and I must say it sounds really good, fresh, detailed and uplifting. I do recommend to put a small piece of fiberloft or similar in between pads and speaker to leave some bass out (in case you don't like it). Now I ordered some Brainwavz velour pads and am curious if they add more to midrange.

Jun 19, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #1,340 of 1,955
the P7W went on special price last year selling for around $250-$350 last year (40-50% off Amazon). I was tempted to get them but just ran out of funds due to buying shoes and I could not hide the expenses from the missus. I'd try putting some microfiber linen just to see how it plays out but so far, I had nothing to complain about the Bass. some people say that the Bass on the old P7 was absent or lacking or occasional although I find them to be present yet subtle which is good for longer periods of listening. I haven't pulled the pads yet and no plans of doing so until I have a valid reason to do so. on the otherhand, I find it funny though that the H8 costs more than the P7 and P7W.

Jun 23, 2017 at 6:02 AM Post #1,341 of 1,955
Just received and tried the Vrainwavz velour pads. They almost fully cut out the bass. I didn't expected that much, but I suppose that bass is heavily contoured by the P7W original leather pads. The midrange is a bit brought in front but more congested actually and I hear distortion in highs. Being not that happy I will stick with original pads. IMG_0997.JPG

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #1,342 of 1,955
Hey guys, I have had my BW P7 for 7 months now and all of a sudden they do not want to autoconnect to phones when turned on. Anyone know what I can do? I have tried this with two different phones. Thanks

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #1,343 of 1,955
Jul 2, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #1,345 of 1,955
How much passive isolation do the P7 Wireless provide versus the active noise canceling of something like the Sony MDR-1000X or the Bose QC35? Or versus the passive isolation of BA IEMs like the Westone 4R?

I'm mostly thinking about use at an office with talkative neighbors, not necessarily playing music all the time.

Thanks

Jul 3, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #1,346 of 1,955
How much passive isolation do the P7 Wireless provide versus the active noise canceling of something like the Sony MDR-1000X or the Bose QC35? Or versus the passive isolation of BA IEMs like the Westone 4R?

I'm mostly thinking about use at an office with talkative neighbors, not necessarily playing music all the time.

Thanks
Active Noise Cancellation headphones are excellent at cancelling continuous noise(airplane engine for example) but I don't think they do as well with human voices, but still, both the 1000x and QC35 are much better in this aspect compared to the P7 Wireless. The P7 has decent noise isolation mind, but I don't think they are good enough to block out surrounding noise, especially without music playing.

It has been a long time since I last heard a BA IEM, but from recollection I feel IEMs like Shure 535 or Westone 4R have better noise isolation compared to the P7 Wireless.

Jul 4, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #1,347 of 1,955
Active Noise Cancellation headphones are excellent at cancelling continuous noise(airplane engine for example) but I don't think they do as well with human voices, but still, both the 1000x and QC35 are much better in this aspect compared to the P7 Wireless. The P7 has decent noise isolation mind, but I don't think they are good enough to block out surrounding noise, especially without music playing.

It has been a long time since I last heard a BA IEM, but from recollection I feel IEMs like Shure 535 or Westone 4R have better noise isolation compared to the P7 Wireless.

What about the soundstage or other qualities?

I'm trying to determine if there would be any advantage to getting the P7W over my Westone 4Rs, other than being wireless.

Thanks

Jul 4, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #1,348 of 1,955
Slightly off topic, but since we are talking about ANC and flying : do airlines prohibit BT products use during flights or only during take off and landing, or just depends on the airline?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back