Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
Jun 6, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #1,324 of 1,955
They have a good quality clamp but... insanely hard to remove??

I think he means remove the pad from the removable magnetic frame. Otherwise I'm not sure as they are easy to remove if you are just taking the frame off of the housing.

Jun 7, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #1,325 of 1,955
So out of blue, my P7W is not turning off automatically after 10 mins. Any way to fix this? FYI, I tried resetting by pushing the button in for more than 6 seconds and re-paring to no avail.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #1,326 of 1,955
Jun 7, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #1,327 of 1,955
Jun 8, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #1,328 of 1,955
Quick update... I haven't brought my p7w to work today so I am listening to my mates dre studio wireless 2.0.

Volume is considerably lower. Sounds nowhere near as spacious as my p7s. Congested sound is to my ears making the meat of the music sound off/recessed in comparison. Bass is nowhere near p7w. Im missing little details in songs I'm a now used to. In short, the p7w absolutely smokes it.

This is the same mate who was going to buy the p7w in my earlier post. This is wireless as he hasn't brought the cable in. For this price, I'd be spewing. It's like the music has lost a lot of musicality for some reason.

Don't mean to sound like I'm hating but ye... Interesting. I have the earphones with me that came with the s8 and honestly I much prefer them.... Crazy

to be honest, Beats is the one of the most overrated brand out there. you are basically paying a lot due to Dr. Dre's endorsement of the brand but sound quality wise, it's not even beautiful. people that are into that are mostly taken by the brand pretending to look cool. as far as Bass quality is concerned and hipsters liking them a lot, they are no different from those attention-seeking fags that put there Bass thumping speakers on their cars on maximum thinking that having a boomy bass was that nice.

Jun 8, 2017 at 5:36 AM Post #1,329 of 1,955
Hey guys, I just got a brand new pair of P7W (one week ago) and am half impressed half bothered, more towards impressed. I come from Grado SR325is which where incredible for metal, rock, acoustic, classical with super tight base that went in your soul, being a bit harsh in treble though(sold them anyway). Because I wanted mobility, I got a eGrado piece which actually sounds good for the price, but low base and sibilance. I also have a pair of Grado SR80e which broke :triportsad:. Now I said that I want something with a bit of SR325 SQ but bluetooth. So went to shop and listened to a pair of P7 wired and was super impressed. Similar soundstage, deepness, base guitar timbre, treble, as the Grado,s but a bit veiled, with more base, more enjoyable on longer term.

The problem is, the P7W feels very different. Too much ambient bass that covers mids and treble, mids are recessed and V-shaped. I cannot accept it like that, so sad, ears get clogged. I listen to iPhone 7, and only Spotify has 6-band equalizer (bad). There I lower the base and mid-base to be able to listen to music. Still, putting a pair of QC35 or Momentum 2BT or Sony 1000x, the mids are really better shown and base is more acceptable, even if the overall sound is levels under P7W.

Even if it's subjective, did anybody experienced this? Did your ears got accustomed and did the headphone sound signature changed after so called "burn-in" period? I really don't plan on using these with cable (else I would actually get Grado RS2e that are more costly but on a whole new level, or Grado SR325e...which I still consider in the time I can return these). It seems that wired has tighter base and better mids, same with Bluetooth on Android as probably uses AptX, but still not listenable long term for me.

Only set that i did not tried is B&O H4, H7, H9, but from reviews looks like it's not on same SQ level and life as B&W P7.
With this in mind, if this will not change in upcoming weeks, I will just get back to Grado.....

Ps. I also tried some AKG 845BT but sounded dull and unrealistic,even if for the price they are good value, so I know what neutral sound is and I am not really interested in it.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #1,330 of 1,955
I would suggest giving it a bit more time to burn in like 72 playing hours. if that doesn't change, I've heard that the firmware update on the P7W does quite change the signature a lot to the old wired P7. let me know it does indeed calm down upon burn in or firmware update. I do have right now the old wired P7 and like you loved the signature it gives. the only issue I have with it is that it is wired and gets in the way. I just hope that the firmware does the job.

Jun 10, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #1,331 of 1,955
the word is bass not "base"
It's not a burn in thing, you simply used to a different sound signature it will take time for your brain to get used to it, or just look for something else if it keeps bothering you.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #1,332 of 1,955
the word is bass not "base"
It's not a burn in thing, you simply used to a different sound signature it will take time for your brain to get used to it, or just look for something else if it keeps bothering you.
b4b.jpg

Jun 10, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #1,333 of 1,955
I would suggest giving it a bit more time to burn in like 72 playing hours. if that doesn't change, I've heard that the firmware update on the P7W does quite change the signature a lot to the old wired P7. let me know it does indeed calm down upon burn in or firmware update. I do have right now the old wired P7 and like you loved the signature it gives. the only issue I have with it is that it is wired and gets in the way. I just hope that the firmware does the job.

Which firmware update is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back